Blue Dragon Seeds - 250MH - Black Pots - Happy Frog Soil

norcalgrown

:welcome:

Thank You fellow 420 member for taking interest in my journal.

:green_heart:

a 250mh in a 4x4 closet utilizing 2x3.5 ft of grow space.
So.. 3 and a half weeks ago i started some blue dragon seeds 19 to ba exact... all took off every one germinated. i have a theory this will be a vigorous cloner. 2 appear very sativa like and three are very broad with blue tone on leaves and 3 have retardation in the leaves from seedling and the rest are identical...

:tokin:

wanna see a few pics?

tims_shit5.jpg

one early pic this one turned out very broad ive never seen a seedling with a fan leaf like that.

another one. or three :)

tims_shit6.jpg

tims_shit7.jpg

theres some early pics for you.

heres my grow space.

tims_shit12.jpg

tims_shit11.jpg

and to catch up on growth ill add a few pics of them now.

im enjoying this strain.

about a foot tall now and grooooowin...

tims_shit15.jpg

tims_shit13.jpg

these will be moms then will sex them and males will be cropped after taking clones of the most vigorous one for a dad for later.
i will then take clones of each female and flower them and keep two most desired female phenotypes for moms and bud the other moms
to not waste plants. i will then take clones of most desired phenotypes of moms and flower with the male.i will then do the same with each of those plants seeds and so forth, till im sure im working with my own self improved strain.

I will be updating this often and love to chat so ask me anything.

well lemme know what you think id love to hear it.
thank you for reading.

:Namaste:

Re: Blue Dragon Seeds, 250mh, Black Pots, Happy Frog Soil.

Very nice setup and the plants are looking really good :) I just ran some blue dragon from clone on my last grow and it is an amazing strain. Very quick finishing time...I think they were ready around 60 days. Really fat, purple velvety looking buds!! the taste is similar to blue dream..very berryish but without the citrus like blue dream has... very upbeat and conversational high.... you will be stoked with these ladies!!! cant wait to see them in full bloom!!

thank you thank you

i wanted a blue and blue dream wasnt my gig...too popular for my choice i like to grow an underdog to its potential and blow ppls renowned strains outta the water.
blue dragon seemed to fit my bill. i came across the seeds trimming self pollinated female blue dragons (if i go by the light poisoning theory or self hermie clones then theoretically all these seeds should turn female correct?). if its anything else its platinum og x blue dragon which would be intense thats all that was in greenhouse but im pretty sure i was trimming a branch and found a nut banana cluster like two buds seeded..got 20 something seeds. im excited to sex and flower... i think itll end up a new favorite and i will keep the phenotypes of choice around...

i may pick up a blue cheese as well.

in my other grow i got sour tsunamis, pineapple expresses,
nyc or ec sour diesel not sure i think their same thing.
and power vision. maybe adding a white to my collection. and a kush..

my whole garden is sour d based basically.
blue dragon is blueberry x sour d i believe.

Holy crap norcalgrown great start! +reps:Namaste::goodjob:

What size pots do you plan on flowering in? Those pots to the left look pretty heavy duty/awesome!!:cheer::bravo:

And yes you do have a lot of sours!! what are you thoughts about the sour D? :thanks:

Man, your going to love how fast these blue dragon's grow..... great for scrog too!! very compact branching with tons of nodes....

I don't know if it was me, or the genetics, but one of my 2 blue dragons hermied on me.... well half of the plant hermied...the other half was fine...

Here's my blue dragons...there freaking amazing plants... I still have about a 1/2oz that has been jarred and curing for about 6 months... the most floral, fragrent, smooth tasty hit ive had in a long long time...
DSC023072.JPG
DSC023051.JPG

awesome awesome pics idk anyone that grew it :p
glad i found someone with some pics.

they look great. props man i cant wait to start goin into bigger veg cloning and flower. im more excited to see the variety of buds i get from all these first phenotypes. the stuff i was trimming to get these was awesome. half a plant hermie kinda sounds like light leak did it... my greenhouse was in a very terribly place position and my plants got super stressed so i think that was result to my hermie. or its in the genetics cause ive read it can be and it cant just another he said she said argument. i have had years of experiencing growing but never my own start to finish this shall be my first. my other grow i came in when plants were teens. my partner was way in over head head so i had to play captain save a ho. but its ok i started we had a 600w hps n a 200w 3-4ft t5 now were those plus 2 1000w's so in my shop i got a 5x5 1000w mh veg room. n a 6x8 1600w hps flower room. and my little room.so these will go there when sexed cause if i wait any longer idk if id be able to get them outta my residence discreetly. how well did they clone? if you cloned the blue dragons?

Holy crap norcalgrown great start! +reps

What size pots do you plan on flowering in? Those pots to the left look pretty heavy duty/awesome!!

And yes you do have a lot of sours!! what are you thoughts about the sour D?

i love certain pheno's of sour hence my grow room. sour seems to be a very stable effective base for genetics. i like it. when done right.this first grow will be half ass but next will be supreme due to finances. im going with an illegal nitrogen nute and humboldt bloom and bloom enhancer for my sours. and a micro nute. i will be going all out on my blues round after next. this journal will be interesting. i will be flowering in 10 gallon smart pots with these. the pots their in are very heavy duty i think they were part of a bucket system once, i had to put river rocks in the bottoms cause they have these gaping drainage holes. thank you for the compliment :) i have to sex first then clone a couple of each and flower those. to see which two pheno's ill keep. i noticeably have 4 varieties of this blue and there only vegging that could turn to 8 quickly. i have more pics ill put more up here in a minute. :) thanks for reviews guys :)
when i get to my other grow ill take pics of my sour for you :p its three weeks in bud and gorgeous

id love to try some blue dragon im up by sac the bd at clubs isnt that good. hey miss you hear of sour tsunami? it has one of the highest cbd ratings of any strain.

i found ppl with 18%cbd lab tested with this sour tsunami. it is now the most medicinally beneficial strain by cbd's n i got tons of these :p
i was doing the research n cant wait to see them budded.
oober excited to say the least.

Nor*caL

hope you guys like the pics

I got the cuts of the Blue Dragon from a local clone/genetics lab here in Socal... I also released a cut of it to a grower buddy of mine in Norcal and he gave it to a friend to grow as a mother and clone...

Those smart pots are awesome....I'm using them this time around and my roots are so damn dense its hard to even get a soil probe down into the soil...

Those Blue dragons are going to get so big, so quickly.... They seemed to love LST and each one of my plants probably had around 20 fat cola's come harvest...each weighing in at over 11g's wet... some up to 40g's..they also seemed to be pretty hardy plants, didn't really get any lockout or ph issues....like the other strains i was growing at the time.. :)

Man I can't wait to watch these grow!!!

Grabing a chair, the plants all look healthy and green.

welcome mark this will be a very extended journal with these blue dragons so you got a seat for the long haul.my first few rounds will be weeding out the phenotypes i could care less for. the journal is for my quest to find the two phenotypes i want and ditch the rest cause i think 2/19 seeds in an acceptable number to keep and build with. if i end up with a male or multiple i will take my favored structured one and take a few clones. root them and crop the males. for no accidental pollinating. i will then continue to veg all the females for moms and i will take 6 off of each bud all of those clones separately categorized by moms phenotype i will then smoke, categorize, weigh, take notes on each ones cloning production, structures, favored traits, problems, i will then determine the two for me and bud the rest of the moms. i will then take my favored two moms and take a clones of each put them with said male and produce seeds. and that will be the end of this grow journal so i have an objective.

so welcome and glad to have you :)

:passitleft:

Did you see that Granny Derkle as well?
yeah the granny derkle looks amazing im curious about a bubble gum or something super tasty was looking at a ramulin but idk anything about it as well as some ATF

I got the cuts of the Blue Dragon from a local clone/genetics lab here in Socal... I also released a cut of it to a grower buddy of mine in Norcal and he gave it to a friend to grow as a mother and clone...

Those smart pots are awesome....I'm using them this time around and my roots are so damn dense its hard to even get a soil probe down into the soil...

Those Blue dragons are going to get so big, so quickly.... They seemed to love LST and each one of my plants probably had around 20 fat cola's come harvest...each weighing in at over 11g's wet... some up to 40g's..they also seemed to be pretty hardy plants, didn't really get any lockout or ph issues....like the other strains i was growing at the time..

Man I can't wait to watch these grow!!!

Me Too!! cause i got the room for them to get BBBBIIIGGG

so this is going to be an oober fun run. its gonna be my project.
i will be attending a cannabis course to be degreed in the scientific aspects of growing cannabis.that will be fun. then it will pave my way to start genetics and a seed bank hopefully eventually it will get so relaxed around cali i could open a scripted cafe with cannabis everything. this blue dragon i think im gonna do everything to them when i get my favored two phenotypes. ill scg ill sea of grn ill tie down ill super crop all of these techniques done separately then how they respond to all that individually ill put together the ones they like and integrate a routine for them to maximize yields and thc production. ill practice with topping these as well.in a way i top all of my plants which is unique to most ppl's topping ill do it as i go through my journal with these blue dragons. i wont be tending to that sour tsunami gro too much atm. im going to completely maximize this strain and it will be my work for the next 4 years. this strain will put me at the top. when i finish ill enter a local cannabis cup when the time arrives and make a name for my strain. and my genetics. maybe distribute my seeds to seed banks and get a personal opinion from some professionals. i will then wanna cross it with another strain and master that one. but thats getting ahead of myself. so lets see were at 3 weeks exactly with these i believe give or take 3 days for germination..i love this 250w mh :) its perfect for small spaces. soil is warm enough for good plant growth and soil dries enough for no mold or issues i love it.

THANKS FOR FOLLOWING GUYS :):)

:thanks:

Nor*caL

whatd you pull compared to your whole grow i got lost in your journal trying to find out :p light whatd you pull off of them under how many watts at how tall? i saw you did two out of how many?

I ran a total of 6 plants, 2x of each...blue dragon, chemband, and University hills og...In a scrog..

Total dry off 2 blue dragon plants was 137g...and lost 56g that was hermie/seeded... so around 5oz of some dank smelling and smoking blue dragon... so about 3.5oz per plant...total including unusable hermiebudz..

The other 2 were chemband and university hill's og

chemband produced around 260g dry...for 2 plants thats about 9 1/4 oz. or a little over 4.5oz per plant..

the university hills og produced 177g dry, for 2 plants thats 6.3oz or a little over 3oz per plant..

total yield...574g or about 20.5oz total, not including 2oz of hermied bud, and not including about 1/2 oz of test nugs pulled early...

Total estimated cost from start up to finish= $1841.00 +/- about 100$

Total Cost= 1841$ (all equipment, started from nothing on this 1st grow)
Cost per gram = $3.21 (1841/574g.)
grams per watt = .574
grams per kilowatt hour (estimated .301g) ( 77 days of 12/12 at 1000w)= 924kwh (for flower) + 91 days 18/6, Half at 400w, half at 800w = 982.8kwh for veg. Total kilowatt hours estimated 1906.8Kwh

very nice im surprised you didnt hit 2lbs bravo though at least you dont gotta get all your equipment again :p so i contacted my friend and he told me he didnt think the blue dragon seeded :p he thinks i have a og,blackberry,jack herrer mix or single strain hermie batch idk. but no matter what this should be gooooooodd

Nor*caL

nice grow your plants look very healthy!

Back
Top Bottom