Blue Dream - 800w Tent, Coco

SLEDGEHAMMER

Hey everybody. This is just my second grow so I'm making a journal in order to get some helpful advice when I need it.

I’ve got 5 Blue Dream plants.
4 are in a GrowLab 120L tent (just under 4’x8’).
1 is in my veg room to be used for cuttings.
I’m using Fox Farm nutes to vegetate with.

I’ve got the 4 girls in big 7 gallon pots filled with a mix of perlite and Coco. This strain has Blueberry in it so it grows really tall. I’ve topped them twice so they’re growing nice and bushy.

Strain: Blue Dream
Lineage: Blueberry X Haze
Genetics: 80% Sativa / 20% Indica
THC Level: 15% – 20%
Origin: NorCal Medical Strain
Indoor Maturation: 60 to 72 days
Outdoor Maturation: Late October

Taste Description: sweet spicy fruity, blue berries and grapes.

Breeders Description: Blue Dream (Blueberry x Haze) was bred by patients for medical effects using the body high of and indica and the cerebral effects from the sativa. It’s highly effective for pain without the sedative effects of a pure indica. Patients needing effective pain relief during the day will find the effects are long lasting and will find it has a pleasant taste.

Here's my new tent.
IMG_6319.jpg

This reflector is made my Spartan. I never heard of them but it's really nice and air tight with built in 6" AC holes. I've got a regular 400w MH bulb in there right now. I'll switch it to HPS when I flower.
IMG_6330.jpg

This light was a bad purchase on my part. I didn't know anything when I bought this last year. The ballast is HPS only. I could use a MH conversion bulb, but I'd loose a lot of lumens, and they are expensive. I decided to just vegetate with HPS on that side of the tent.
IMG_6326.jpg

IMG_6329.jpg

It's a 474cfm fan connected to a 6" muffler. I've got a 66 can filter connected to the fan for odor control.
IMG_6328.jpg

Here's an older photo of my Veg room when the Blue Dream clones were still young.
IMG_6296.jpg

Time for an update. These plants are really growing and I think I should switch to 12/12 tomorrow. Time for that HPS bulb. They're supposed to stretch and grow for three weeks into flower. My 2 400 watt lights don't hit the entire screen. This tent is meant more for 2 600 watt lights.

IMG_6358.jpg

This photo was taken before the morning tuck.
IMG_6359.jpg

IMG_6361.jpg

The HPS side of the tent. I didn't bother buying a MH conversion bulb because they're expensive and they spent most of their time vegging under T-5's.
IMG_6360.jpg

Looking good, I ran Blue dream my last grow and it turned out great. I got 50+oz for 8 plants, 2 1k lights. I supercropped my girls 1 week before switching to flower, and I had about 6-8 even colas up top on each plant. I also was able to push 1900ppm without any problems. This girl loves nutes! I ran my for 68 days, but if I had to do it again I would wait 75. Best of luck

Looking good, I ran Blue dream my last grow and it turned out great. I got 50+oz for 8 plants, 2 1k lights. I supercropped my girls 1 week before switching to flower, and I had about 6-8 even colas up top on each plant. I also was able to push 1900ppm without any problems. This girl loves nutes! I ran my for 68 days, but if I had to do it again I would wait 75. Best of luck

It's great to hear from someone experienced with this strain. I was wondering about the finnishing time. I had read 70 days but I wasn't sure if that was accurate.

It's great to hear from someone experienced with this strain. I was wondering about the finnishing time. I had read 70 days but I wasn't sure if that was accurate.

I ended up after a few weeks of curing with about 20% amber, I would have preferred around 50%. It's personal preference, I just noticed mine had a very cerebral affect. The only negative I could find about Blue Dream is the leaf ratio, trimming was very tedious.... have a great weekend.

DAY 4 OF FLOWER
These are photos taken under HPS bulbs with a white balance adjustment to make them appear without that orange light.

I gave them their first flowering feeding on 5/9/10.

Per gallon of RO water:
CANNA Bio Flores 8ml
CANNA Bio Boost 4 ml

They look okay. This is half of what the recommended dose on the label, which is what I consider full strength for Cannabis. I used these nutes on my first grow.

IMG_6392.jpg

Coco and Perlite 50/50 mix I trimmed some of their larger fan leaves from the bottom.
IMG_6390.jpg

I'm stretching the front branches out under the screen as much as possible.
IMG_6391.jpg

They're still growing a lot. I wonder how much of the screen they will cover?
IMG_6389.jpg

The left side of the tent.
IMG_6393.jpg

IMG_63861.jpg

IMG_6387.jpg

They look just perfect....
I would add another lamp next cycle

Yeah, this size tent is meant for two 600 watt lights. I have power constraints to deal with and I was hoping the reflectivity of the tent would help. It does, but not enough.

My target is 20 ounces. 5 ounces per plant. Do you think I'll make that?

I'm going to do at least another run of Blue Dream and I don't know what kind of stretch to expect. Maybe the next run I'll veg longer, or use more plants and veg shorter. Maybe I got it right this time? I really don't know. I can always drop some 150 watt CFL's in there.

DIY AEROPONIC CLONER

I made myself an aeroponic cloner from an online tutorial. Because of forum link policies I can't link to it, but if you do a Google search on "DIY Build your own Aeroponic cloner," you'll find it.

IMG_6444.jpg

This was my first time doing any of this stuff but it all worked out. There's about 3 gallons of RO water in the reservoir, with 20ml of Canna Rhizotonic, and 2 tbsp of H202. I snipped off a couple of stems from my Blue Dream mother, dipped them in Clonex cloning hormone, and placed them in the neoprene cuff.

IMG_6445.jpg

I know they're not supposed to get too much light, but I wasn't sure about things. I have a 150 watt CFL and then that side light. The light above the cloner stayed off.

IMG_6446.jpg

12 hours later - They look perky, and there is new growth, but no roots yet.

IMG_6448.jpg

Back
Top Bottom