Blue Dream and A-Train Perpetual Hempy Grow

frostyMJbudEC

What strain is it? Blue Dream and A-Train
Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages? A-Train is 50/50 sativa indica and Blue Dream is 80/20 sativa/indica
Is it in Veg or Flower stage? starting from seed to grow into moms
If in Veg... For how long? Gonna top at 5 nodes
If in Flower stage... For how long? gonna flower them until full maturity, I'm thinking 65 days
Indoor or outdoor?indoor
Soil or Hydro? Soil at first for the seeds and then for the hempy it will be a 1:5 ratio of vermiculite:perlite
If soil... what is in your mix? soil mix is gonna be 1 bag of FF Light Warrior and 1 Bag of Roots Organic potting soil with some extra perlite added for drainiage and aeration for roots
If soil... What size pot?clones are gonna be in 2 liter hempy pots and the moms will end up in 1.5 gallon pots most likely
Size of light?DIY cfl grow light x2, i think 250 actual watts
Temp of Room/cab?80 average light on
RH of Room/cab?average 30
PH of media or res?6.5
Any Pests ? none
How often are you watering?
Type and strength of ferts used? FF nutes for the moms tiger bloom and grow big and then when it comes time for the clones i will switch to General Hydroponics 3 Part flora nutes

Alright, so to clarify, this grow is going to be starting out in hopes of getting 2 female Blue Dream and 2 female A-Train for moms and then will turn into a perpetual hempy grow from there. If i end up with more females i will grow them out in soil and do what i normally do. During this whole process i will also be altering an old long dresser to house the moms and probably something to flower the hempy clones in, but we will cross that bridge when we get there. So i have 8 Blue Dream beans, they started germing in wet paper towels since 6:40 pm 9/24 and i have 5 A-Train beans that have also been germing since 6:40pm 9/24. First off, i will note that the A-train seeds look premature and weren't the nice deep dark brown seeds should be like the Blue Dream seeds were, however i also didn't pay for them either, none the less, i have had premature seeds sprout so here's hoping. Anyways here are a few pictures to start with:
20130926_185653.jpg
20130926_185542.jpg
20130926_185514.jpg

You can see that most of the Blue Dream are popping, im thinking by tomorrow morning they will be ready to go into some dirt. gonna see where the A-Train goes if they pop at all, i will be very happy. Well that's enough for now, i will keep everyone posted. :peace:

Have you tried seeds in soil that later transplanted to hempy buckets? I've had bad experiences doing this. The problem I ran into is that perlite and soil hold moisture very differently so the core of the plant was always either too wet or too dry because it's different medium than the rest of the plant.

I would recommend putting your seedlings directly into small hempy buckets instead of soil. I use solo cups with a hole pocked in the side for my beans and it works great.

I have never tried it, but my grow is essentially going to be identical to another gow on here and i think the guy had mothers in soil that he took clones from and it seemed like they had no problems with the transition, but you definitely raise a good point and i will definitely keep it in mind.

Thnx much Light Addict and LED Acolyte for joining me and the info too, I'm hoping this turns into a great show

alright quick post for tonight, all the Blue Dream beans have popped and are in some soil. One of the A-Train is starting to pop now hopefully will be ready to get into some soil tomorrow night, oh yea it will be ready, i literally just checked them in the middle of typing this post lol anyway, that's all for now ill keep you posted :peace:

thnx for stopping in Kingjohn, another quick update but no pics, 5 of the 8 Blue Dreams have popped up through the soil and the single A-Train has also they will go under the lights most likely tomorrow or the day after, but thats all for now more to come :peace:

so here is a quick update for everyone seedlings are looknig good except for a couple they had stretched more than i would've liked but ill make it work not too much more to report they are on and 18/6 cycle, i tried the 24 hour light period but i think they need some rest time in there somewhere so im gonna stick with the 18/6 cycle from now on
20131003_174514.jpg
thats all for now :peace:

hey 420mag, got a small update, currently my seedlings are showing their second set of leaves
20131005_231346.jpg

and here are some close ups
20131005_231408.jpg
20131005_231357.jpg
20131005_231425.jpg
20131005_231402.jpg
20131005_231416.jpg
20131005_231353.jpg

these pics are just 2 days after the previous group shot i posted

do you have a small fan you could set up gentle enough to just move the seedlings stems? do not worry about the stretched stems, you can bury the stems deeper when you transplant your seedlings to larger pots.

hey KJC my intake fan on that box actually acts as a fan to move the seedlings around, but do you think i need another fan in there?

as long as the intake fan you have is strong enough to gently move the stems you do not require another fan yet. when your plants grow larger you will need a stronger fan.

yea it does make them move around quite a bit but once they get bigger i will definitely add another fan for circulation and stem strengthening, thnx KJC i appreciate your advice

Hi Frosty, sub'd. Your growing out 2 strains that I'm very interested in trying myself down the road.
Good luck with your grow.;)

hey thanks for stopping by stealth, i have been growing out blue dream for my last couple of grows but this is my first time with A-Train, im very interested myself to see if it really does stretch 4x as much when you flip to flower. All the research i have done has told me this and in the past i have heard at most 3x stretch and that happened with my previous Blue Dreams, so this will be an eye opener for me as well

Stretch can be a funny thing, I did loads of research on Tutt's characteristics and all said she was a huge stretcher. She has proven not to be so far for me and has let me down a bit to be honest.
Best of glorious greenness to you.
i hear that im not gonna get my hopes up until it happens and if it doesnt then oh well, ill just keep it green and growing is all, so onto another update not much to report really, the growth is great i popped another A-Train seed and got it in soil the first pic is from last night and the second from this morning, they got watered this morning i have yet to start nuting them
20131009_191759.jpg
20131010_170316.jpg

as always any questions or thoughts are always welcome , let me know what you think :peace:

Back
Top Bottom