Blue Dream & Chocoloco x Jack's Cleaner 2: Outdoor Zone 9B, Central Coast Cali

Really stoked to be germinating these seeds! It feels good to be putting some love and energy into these too. They come with a lot of good vibes and what the cannabis community should represent as a whole. If only the rest of the world could learn about the kindness and generosity that comes from most of the people in this community. The wisdom and patience given here are short of amazing. Thanks to all of you. I really want to send a virtual fist pump and share a bowl to show my appreciation for the wisdom and time from @Jackalope to get to this point and for the opportunity to enjoy these genetics!

I have never tried the paper towel method of germinating seeds so I wanted to give it a shot and form my own opinion. I'm really trying to not pigeon hole myself into only one way of doing things with growing cannabis.

Started them in a flooded paper towel with distilled water on Sat 4/6/20 at 10am. The first two pics are before water is added.

Blue Dream (feminized)
20200404_095959-01.jpeg

Chocoloco x Jack's Cleaner 2 (regular)
20200404_100127-01.jpeg

No sprouts the first 24 hrs. I drained all the excess water and moved them into a warmer location (75°) on Sunday morning. Nothing to show Sunday evening yet. Checked them this morning 4/6/20 at 6:30am and I had tap roots on the Blue Dream and the other two seeds starting to barely crack open! Wooo! By this afternoon, we had more developed tap roots on all of them.

Blue Dream - Are these ready for some dirt yet?

I will be starting these in 4" CowPots. When they are ready for their final pots, the best one will be planted in the ground. I will be doing some LST to keep it from getting too noticeable. The 2nd pick will be getting a 10 gallon fabric pot. The 3rd pick will be getting a 20 gallon pot. I will be doing some more aggressive training on the other two.
20200406_153406-01.jpeg

Chocoloco x Jack's Cleaner 2 - Starting to get there slowly but surely. Is it ok to get them in dirt at this point?

I will be starting them in 4" Cowpots also. After that I was hoping a 1 gallon until they mature enough. IF both are ladies then I will be growing one in a 20 gallon and one is a 10 gallon fabric pot.
20200406_153434-01.jpeg

I decided to start a new journal dedicated to these seeds. The three Blue Dream are feminized and the two Chocoloco x Jack's Cleaner 2 are regular. I need to figure out what the short name of this cross is! Do I really need to call it this everytime @Jackalope ? :laughtwo: :hmmmm:

Attachments

• 20200404_095959.jpg
    20200404_095959.jpg
    355.7 KB · Views: 108
  • 20200404_095959.jpg
    20200404_095959.jpg
    355.7 KB · Views: 113
  • 20200404_100127.jpg
    20200404_100127.jpg
    309.3 KB · Views: 126
First one started to pop through this morning! Looking forward to checking them when I get home to see how much more growth there is.

I'm wondering if I should I put the date on their stakes when I put them in the soil or when they popped up? I'm hoping to track the veg and flower cycles as best as I can.
20200408_064602.jpg

A couple updates since this morning. All the BD have busted out of the soil. After a few weeks, if I can get enough folks to chime in, it would be fun to do a poll for the community to pick the best one to plant in the ground. Still no sign from the Loco Cleaner seeds. Hopefully tomorrow.

20200408_150632.jpg

20200408_150637.jpg

Attachments

• 20200408_064602.jpg
    20200408_064602.jpg
    525.3 KB · Views: 118
Good luck with choosing the best plant early on LOL. I suck at it. It always seems the plants I love at the beginning become normal and the ones I think are just OK turn into frost monsters LOL.

You may look for the bushiest. It will be easier to keep short. Just make sure you have plenty of room to go sideways.

Good luck with choosing the best plant early on LOL. I suck at it. It always seems the plants I love at the beginning become normal and the ones I think are just OK turn into frost monsters LOL.

You may look for the bushiest. It will be easier to keep short. Just make sure you have plenty of room to go sideways.

I don't have enough experience to pick a good one early. That's why I was thinking of doing a poll and let the more experienced folks chime in. Sounded like a fun idea. I'll be chiming in on them in a couple weeks and make my picks. Then we can wager something to see who wins!?! Haa haaa

Starting new growth is always exciting I'll try to be around. I agree it is hard to pick best plant early my smallest before flower is now maybe my 2nd biggest now

Thanks for chiming in. Yeah, being that this is my first time germinating cannabis seeds, it's beyond exciting. Honestly though, even in my regular veggie garden beds, I get such a kick every year when I start seeing all my little seedlings popping up. Part of the joy for me is seeing all that new growth.

I to have a hard time picking what plant will be the best early on. So instead I choose my best plant based on what I’m looking for structure and vigor wise.
Can’t wait to see those Chocoloco x JC2 babies grow into monsters!!!

I to have a hard time picking what plant will be the best early on. So instead I choose my best plant based on what I’m looking for structure and vigor wise.
Can’t wait to see those Chocoloco x JC2 babies grow into monsters!!!

@jackatold me to tag you on this journal. I forgot to do that and then I saw your profile handle. He mentioned you may have some insight about the Loco Cleaner! I'd be interested to learn as much as I can about their genetics.

Those Chocos bust through yet?
Hey! Thanks for asking. I am going with Loco Cleaner for these. I hope I don't go Loco when I get a chance to smoke it! LMAO

#1 popped out today and #2 should be out by tomorrow morning I think.
20200409_165355.jpg

20200409_165409.jpg

BakedARea. Here are a couple pics of T2. It was the Jacks Cleaner 2 hybrid I grew out. It was the hybrid with Tangiloe. It did really well for me.

No dankness to the smell and flavor. I wouldn't call it sweet but it is pleasant. Totally sativa in effects. It has been my go to sativa the last few months.

Let me look and I can probably come up with a couple Blue Dream pictures from a couple years ago.

Those look awesome @Jackalope ! That T2 was a beauty. VERY sativa in her growth. Could I expect much of the same with these Loco Cleaner plants? I need to understand their genetic lineage more. I'll try to do more research about them today. I might answer my own question. Lol

I haven’t grown out the Choco JC2 yet but I just finished the MysteryCleaner. Your in for a great surprise. The MysteryCleaner is extremely sativa dom and devastatingly potent.
Here are a couple nug shots from her
3FB95A71-8C0F-4CE9-836B-C5695099F663.jpeg
489B2198-A7FC-4C1F-945C-26C89FC4AC24.jpeg
8DA429B2-C9E0-4980-8E5F-4BC3E6C42FAB.jpeg
ECDE302E-B18B-40B3-B8C2-9E80196AE7A6.jpeg

In my other journal, I shared a little bit of my garden. I figured I would share a few pics I captured today while I was tending to everything. I love seeing native pollinators working in my garden! These two were working my BlackBerry Bush hard!
20200410_113951.jpg

20200410_113959.jpg

20200410_114026.jpg

I would expect Loco Cleaner to grow very much like the T2. Chocoloco looked just like the plant I will post at the end. It is the other hybrid with the Chocoloco as the mother. It came out really well. That is the main reason I think yours should do well.

Buds on these plants are rock hard. I have seen this same growth pattern on lots of haze strains so it is pretty common. The buds don't really grow together. Just lots of rock hard golf balls everywhere.

Gorgeous plant man! I love the look of those sugar leaves when they start flushing!

I'm about to head out to get the greenhouse opened up and take a look at them. They got a slight watering with some compost tea. I doubt they needed it but it shouldn't hurt. I'm also going to be switching their light from 18/6 down to 17/7 for the next couple weeks.

Back
Top Bottom