Blue Dream & Chocoloco x Jack's Cleaner 2: Outdoor Zone 9B, Central Coast Cali

Everything is looking good. I thought they would be bigger by now. The pots must be limiting all that great California sun. The one Blue Dream that is not weird looking, looks to be starting to flower. Any signs from the Loco Cleaner about male/female?

The one Blue Dream with problems is a mystery. From the thickness of the stems it is getting lots of something it likes. I am not sure if I mentioned that the BD had issues with root rot. I don't know for sure what they look like when it happens as it has never happened to me. There is a chance that might be the problem with them in pots in the hot Cali. weather. You could try and dig a hole for the pot to sit in so it is shaded and not building up to much heat in the root ball. You would probably get away with and other re-pot with it if you had a pot or open space in the ground for it. You might loose a bit of production by doing it. As of now it doesn't look like it will produce much anyway if nothing changes. I would ignore it if it was early like with the Loco Cleaner that started out that way. They are going to start flowering soon. Anything you can do to make that plant happier will help in flower.

It has been a difficult month (or eight) and I haven't really been active on the forum. Just haven't had the time nor energy. Transplanted the last two of the Loco Cleaners on 8/2 (because procrastination is awesome) and they are starting to settle in. During the transplant, I broke the top off one of them. Needless to say...I was so incredibly pissed and disappointed. I taped her up and have been watching to see if she will recover.

One of the Blue Dream is further along in flower and the dumb ass cabbage looper moths absolutely love the smell of the BD. I have found more caterpillars on her than any other plant. Most of my plants have not reached the sizes I was hoping for but it was also a blessing in disguise because I realized quickly that I have probably 3 or 4 too many plants in this space. Only reason they all fit is because they stayed small. I am not sure what I did to stunt their growth. I am thinking it was a lack of overall nutrition in the soil.

A quick pic of Loco #6 and a snapped main top on Loco #3 :(

That is a nasty break. If it stays connected it might pull through if you have it taped up enough. by pull through I mean it won't totally die. My first thought would be to just leave it off but I don't know how much of the plant would be lost.

I have been wondering what has been going on. I had not heard anything from you for a while. I would expect that hybrid to pack on some weight in flower. Both parents produced well. Even with small plants they can still produce pretty well if they get the food they need. What is really going to matter is if what they produce is worth a shit. I hope I didn't steer you wrong.

Sorry to hear about the moths. Outdoors has so many hurdles to get past for success good luck with them.

That is a nasty break. If it stays connected it might pull through if you have it taped up enough. by pull through I mean it won't totally die. My first thought would be to just leave it off but I don't know how much of the plant would be lost.

Check this out! Looks like today she decided my tape job was good enough and to stay alive! She is standing strong and looking much better. Not drooping. What do you all think?

I have been wondering what has been going on. I had not heard anything from you for a while.

Yeah...sorry for no updates recently. It has been a tough and rough period for me and the family. Trying to manage my health, energy, and tasks as best as I can. It has left me not putting much effort into the forum, social media, etc. I tend to back away from things like that when I'm not feeling good. Not sure why TBH. I will do my best to get good photos of the Blue Dream ladies and the other Locos which are all looking good. Remember the mutant Loco #2?! Well she is a gorgeous lady now! Not a sign of distress or weird growth anymore. I wish I knew what it is that causes that to happen.

If it is holding it's head up then the tape job worked. That is as bad of break as I have seen before. On the bright side all the other breaks I have dealt with have healed. Good thing. From where you can see the tape you would have lost a large part of a short plant.

No big deal about the updates. I would be more worried if you spent more time on the internet then less when things are busy and hectic. Lots of us say very little when we feel shitty. I notice what I say and how I say it changes with how I feel. If I feel like shit I don't say shit. Other wise it would come out more on the negative side.

Like I mentioned. I didn't remember which plant had looked like yours when it was young. Mostly because they all got better and looked the same as the others when they grew up. As long as you let me know how the smoke worked for you I will be fine. I am looking forward to any updates and photos along the way.

That is as bad of break as I have seen before.
Yeah...me too! I had some choice words for all the neighbors to hear when it happened. Haaa haa haaa. I freaked out...accessed...and grabbed the tape. I have heard some people try using fresh aloe vera gel and others that will brush on rooting hormones. I have not tried either of those methods. Next season, I may try it out on a sacrificial plant. Lol

NICE. looks like you have both of the normal pheno's. If my guess is right the first plant should have more of a Blueberry smell. The highs from the 2 pheno's I had were quite different. The Blueberry smelling ones had more body to the high.

The genetic freakazoid, Blue Dream #3 got some defoliation yesterday and since it does not seem very far along in flower, I decided to top a few of the sites. I also want to open her up more. Shouldn't be too late for some LST right?

I was also thinking since it is so small, to get into the tent where I have lights in 24/7 at the moment. Give it some extra time to veg. Any thoughts about doing this? Does the transition from outside to inside cause issues? And transitioning back from flower to veg?

I am not sure if it will be worth the extra time. The fact that it is freaky now means you just don't know what the smoke is going to be like. You may spend a bunch of time on something that isn't going to be worth it. Pretty sure you would be better off just letting it flower as is. Some S-1 strains have a freak plant that shows up. This might be similar to that. The smoke from these that I have found are ok to smoke but are not impressive by any means. I would just let it go as is. It may finish better than you think. Plus it is only one plant.

I am not sure if it will be worth the extra time. The fact that it is freaky now means you just don't know what the smoke is going to be like. You may spend a bunch of time on something that isn't going to be worth it. Pretty sure you would be better off just letting it flower as is. Some S-1 strains have a freak plant that shows up. This might be similar to that. The smoke from these that I have found are ok to smoke but are not impressive by any means. I would just let it go as is. It may finish better than you think. Plus it is only one plant.
Yeah,I hear ya. This little girl just has me infatuated. Haaa haaa. I was thinking of getting a couple clones from her to see if she grows differently indoors. We shall see!

They will do that LMAO.

The lower branches on it are not going to do much. Maybe you could start at the bottom and clean up a the of the short branches. You could turn some of them into clones maybe.

They are flowering a bit already so you will need 24/7 light as a clone so they can reverse. The lower branches are going to be woodier which makes them harder to clone. Those 2 things make it harder but it is still doable. Should work though, you only need one to survive.

Another suggestion on it. If you can pull some of the longer branches to the side. It will open up the branches and buds closer to the stalk to more light. That plant has pretty dense foliage. Sunlight can do a lot but it doesn't hurt to give it a little help getting to everything.

If you can pull some of the longer branches to the side. It will open up the branches and buds closer to the stalk to more light.
Read my mind. On my to-do list for this weekend. Thanks for the suggestion.

A few updated pics of a few plants. They all got extra attention this week with a good hearty top dressing and a good drench feeding as well. They are really starting to take up nutrients much faster than I was expecting. Seeing a lot of deficiencies throughout the garden so that tells me my gardening needs more upkeep and to stay on a better schedule with feeding. What do you all do for your feeding schedule? I have so much other stuff going on in life, I need to learn to simplify the process so that I am not constantly trying to fix my errors.

Sharpy pens is my main way of keeping track. I either wright right on the pot or on a piece of tape on the pot. I use different color pens for each. Veg, flower, and cal/mag. Then I just write the date with the selected color of pen when I feed.

I do regular feeding after they use up most the nutrients in the soil. Using a low level of nuits every watering till I switch nuits or start to flush.

Ah Ha! I think I figured the freaky BD out. S-1 seeds will have a weird phenotype show up here and there. The Blue Dream seeds were made with the 2 best plants. 1 was reversed and pollinated itself and the other female. That seed probably came from the selfed plant.

I have seen it in other strains before. Just not in the Blue Dream. My last S-1 seed that did it came out just about as strong as the others it was just a lot leafier. Others have not did as well. On the bright side the ones that didn't work were from cheap feminized genetics.

What is funny. The leaves look a lot like a mint plant.

Ah Ha! I think I figured the freaky BD out. S-1 seeds will have a weird phenotype show up here and there. The Blue Dream seeds were made with the 2 best plants. 1 was reversed and pollinated itself and the other female. That seed probably came from the selfed plant.

I have seen it in other strains before. Just not in the Blue Dream. My last S-1 seed that did it came out just about as strong as the others it was just a lot leafier. Others have not did as well. On the bright side the ones that didn't work were from cheap feminized genetics.

What is funny. The leaves look a lot like a mint plant.
Gotcha! And yes, I agree that it had a close resemblance to mint leave. Haaa haaa

Not really feeling too happy or proud but today will be my first ever cannabis harvest. It was supposed to happen over the course of the past couple weeks. Two surgeries kept me from getting that done resulting in more buds damaged from pests. Truly sucks and heartbreaking. I had another enjoyable growing season and learned a lot. Unfortunately, this is 2 years in a row where everything seemed to go south so fast toward the end. Hurts the soul but we have to strive on. I'll share this to my other journals too but just wanted to thank this forum and the community as a whole for the wisdom and help over the past couple years. Peace and blessings y'all!

I just vaped some Loco Cleaner after a very long cure and chill. It was a really nice high. I know I didn't do it justice though and it could be way better. I will be giving it another go this year. This time though, I will have way less plants and much more focus on just a few plants instead. I want to say thanks again to @Jackalope for the opportunity to grow those genetics. I am feeling a bit more hopeful that I will be able to handle life better this year. I'll post a link to the new journal here when I start it.

Back
Top Bottom