Blue Dream FFOF Soil Grow

thnx for that info king jon i didnt know that high nitrogen causes that to happen but im pretty certain that the down curling leaves were from heat stress but that are really straightening out so maybe you are right about the high nitro they are just getting ph'd water now, im forcing a gallon through each time so im hoping it will help out

Don't take this the wrong way.

I agree with KingJ on the nitrogen toxicity. Generaly , this strain could be different, you get leave curl up at the edges with heat stress and brown crispy from heat burn if for example it touches a hot bulb.

I keep looking at her and she looks so sparse to me. I see she has some thinner leaves like a sativa. I am curious about the BUD structure. Is it more "kush" like? I have never grown kush but I always hear people say the buds are kush like which I think means smaller golf ball size buds?

Any thoughts on the bud structure?

I was looking at your first journal. That plant looks similar to this plant. You ended up with some nice buds at harvest on your first grow. How is this plant compared to your first grow?

Don't take this the wrong way.

I agree with KingJ on the nitrogen toxicity. Generaly , this strain could be different, you get leave curl up at the edges with heat stress and brown crispy from heat burn if for example it touches a hot bulb.

I keep looking at her and she looks so sparse to me. I see she has some thinner leaves like a sativa. I am curious about the BUD structure. Is it more "kush" like? I have never grown kush but I always hear people say the buds are kush like which I think means smaller golf ball size buds?

Any thoughts on the bud structure?

according to my friend, the seeds from my first grow and this grow were the same, i am noticing in both grows that the buds are very fluffy, however, in my frist grow i didnt do any type of LST or HST at all i just let it grow out and got lucky that it was a girl. i feel like the buds swelled up alot more in my first grow, and im thinking that it was because of heat stress that they arent swelling up as much now. These plants here have had different issues than with my first one, in my first grow i had a different box and it had very bad circulation but once that was taken care she took off, this time i have circulation but when the air temps outside are too warm that has a huge affect on the temps within the box. this time i also experimented with super cropping with hopes it will cause denser buds to form, but with how the growth has been going, i cant see a discernible difference in using or not using the super cropping method. like i said with how the temps got real high that could be the main cause of my slow growth, which is the conclusion im gonna stick with because in reality, it cant be anything else, nutes are the same, feedings are the same, everything basically stayed the same, granted i wasnt checking them every 30 minutes like in my first grow, but thats to be expected. also to answer your kush question, i have never grown any type of kush, so i cant really give a good answer to that question, but the buds are definitely spread out, but that could just be my inexperience in growing.

thnx for checking in titan tbh thats he main reason why i checked out your grow was bcuz of the blue dream part of it lol

alright tonight is the last night for my girls i have had them in flower for 76 days now and they are gonna get the chop tomorrow, im actually seeing some bananas starting to come in i think so the chop is going to happen

alright tonight is the last night for my girls i have had them in flower for 76 days now and they are gonna get the chop tomorrow, im actually seeing some bananas starting to come in i think so the chop is going to happen

waiting for photographs of your harvest!

:party: time, break out the :bong: or :bongrip: and pass it around :)

Send Pics!

:passitleft:

:party: time, break out the :bong: or :bongrip: and pass it around :)

Send Pics!

:passitleft:

i didnt take alot of pics this time around but here are a few
20130915_202939.jpg
20130915_205320.jpg
20130916_200714.jpg

i cant even guesstimate how much but we will see and ill let you know

Only 76 days? wow, do you think I should go that long on my Blue Dream?

i kept mine going so long because the growth was stunted and slowed due to heat stress and it could've probably gone another week but typically its flowering period is 45-55 days but it could also depend on the particular strain of blue dream

FYI

I use this method for drying and curing

SurfBuddy

Drying and Curing Schedule, courtesy MSquared

by
SurfBuddy

This is the schedule I'll be using for curing courtesy of Msquared. The only difference is that I have these 62% humidipaks that I will throw in after they get close to 65% or so in the jar for 6-8 hours.:

open air from 48 to 60hrs - depends on temp/humidity
1. seal'em up for 12hrs
2. open air from 24 to 36hrs - depends on temp/humidity
3. seal'em up for 6hrs - with this one I then put a hydrometer in there with them so I can get a good reading - I take notes at the beginning and then again at the end.
4. open air from 12 to 24hrs depending on last reading from hydrometer
5. seal'em up from 3 to 6hrs to watch humidity if good then leave in jars and burp until humidity becomes stable and then jar them for the rest of their lives which never amounts to much time as they are soooo gooood! LOL

I then like to ultimately let them cure for at least a couple weeks checking on humidity and burping as necessary to keep a stable humidity so below is what I use as my humidity guidelines:

+70% RH - too wet, needs to sit outside the jar to dry for 12-24 hours, depending.
65-70% RH - the product is almost in the cure zone, if you will. It can be slowly brought to optimum RH by opening the lid for 2-4 hours.
60-65% RH - the stems snap, the product feels a bit sticky, and it is curing
55-60% RH - at this point it can be stored for an extended period (3 months or more) without worrying about mold. The product will continue to cure.

Below 55% RH - the RH is too low for the curing process to take place. The product starts to feel brittle. Once you've hit this point, nothing will make it better. Adding moisture won't restart the curing process; it will just make the product wet.

I don't use humidity packs

hey thnx scar thats actually very helpful

ok so to finish this journal off i ended up with 33g and for the smoke report, it felt like i got more of a head high than last time im thinking they couldve gone longer because last time i got more of a couch lock high and thats what im shooting for, although the bud structure was very fluffy this time around im hoping to perfect my growing techniques and produce much denser buds with my next grow. i would like to thank everyone who followed me on this ride and the help and advice i recieved was greatly appreciated, hopefully you all will join me on my next grow you can find it in my sig, im thinking there will be quite a bit of action coming with that one well thnx again and i hope to see you all there

Thanks for sharing your grow with us.
Don't forget to head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too! :cheer:

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

In the future, whenever you complete a journal, please use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post, so we can be alerted to move it for you.

Hope all is well in your world.
Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine. :Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom