Blue Dream from seed, Any help & tips for the First time grower? Take a look here.

WestBlunts

Hello new friends, I'm from the big bad Southern Cali & I'm a first time grower. I know the building blocks of growing but all feedback is welcome.

I'm growing outdoor & this is my info:
Sprouted 7/18/12
2 gal pot
Fox Farms Ocean Forest soil
Water hose water

My baby girl seems a bit small for her age (HEALTHY BUT SMALL). The first soil she was on was a mix between 2 potting starter soils, I switched her to FFoF at day 24. I haven't added any nutes yet and have transplanted her twice before (soil to soil in a degradeable pot, then that degradeable pot to her 2 gal pot) same mix of the 2 unknown soils until day 24. So can the stunt if she even is stunted be from all the stress?

She's real GREEN is about 4inches tall 3 inches wide, water leaves - first true leaves - first node - second node - and 3rd in node in progress.
When I transplanted her at day 24, her roots were probably 1.5 - 2.5 inches long and maybe spanned 1 inch.. they didn't seem to have a lot of mass.

Any suggestions to help my Babygirl, would SuperThrive or Liquid Karma be good? And at what amounts??

Say "high" to BluDy
BluDy.jpg

BluDy_.jpg

Re: Blue Dream from seed, Any help & tips for the First time grower? Take a look here

Im a noob too and cant hlpe much with the grow questions but I have to comment on how cool your little buddah guy is in the container! Thats awesome - a personal spiritual leader for your baby girl. NICE! :thumb:

Re: Blue Dream from seed, Any help & tips for the First time grower? Take a look here

Hey West blunts.... I am going to post this general introduction that I usually post for new members, and then I will go back and see if I can answer some of your questions...

So here is how you get started :)

Here are some useful links that will help you learn about growing, and how to get it right the first time :)
First rule of thumb is, do the research first, if you can't find the answer anywhere, then ask. I can almost gurantee that
The question has been asked before. There are tons of resources and kind and knowledgeable growers at 420 magazine
and I am sure you will find it a great home!

Make sure to check out the forum rules and guidelines. We have a great community here and I welcome you to check out..
Forum Guidelines - Please Read Before Posting

Are you new to growing and don't know where to start, here is a link that will teach you everything you need to know :)
How to Grow Marijuana Everything You Need to Know

If you couldn't find what your looking for in the last link, you can find many of your answers by visiting The Grow Room.
THE GROW ROOM

Do you have sick plants that need answers, check out our Problems, Pest's and Disease control forum at
Problems, Pests & Disease Control

Another great way to get started in your new membership is by starting a grow journal. This allows you to document your grow, add photo's
and share your experience with all of us!! Remember to be detailed, so if you run into problems we can help you fix them and have a successful
grow :)
How to Make a Grow Journal
Photo Gallery Guide: How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos

Are you looking to purchase new growing equipment, nutrients, growing or smoking accessories, check out our sponsors!
As a member you can take advantage of specials that are run time to time :)
Sponsors : 420 MAGAZINE

Well I hope you enjoy exploring our wonderful community and feel free to make yourself home :)

By the way, don't forget to check out the monthly contests where you can vote, enter, and win prizes!
420 Contests

What I would do to help jump start your girl into a growing frenzy is get some compost tea brewing... Its really easy to do and will make your soil become alive with bacteria's and healthy microlife that will create more energy for your plant to grow...

You need..
A bucket..a 3 or 5 gallon bucket works for smaller grows..
some nylon stockings or a paint strainer
water
molasses
Ingredients (this could be many things but even just taking regular potting soil or compost will do just fine) you can also pick up soil innoculants that will help add the right bacteria's to the soil..
airstone and pump

All you do is fill the bucket with water and get the airstone bubbling.... Take the paint strainer or nylon and fill it with your soil or innoculant blend, just a good baseball sized amount is fine... then take the ball of soil and dunk the nylon/strainer into the water..just like you would with a teabag when making tea... finally pour in about 1 spoonful of molasses and bubble it for 1-2 days.. then add to your soil, and also helps to spray the leaves (with lights out before they come on)

This would be your best option for healthy growth and healthy soil :)

Now I have always grown from clone so I really can't comment on how your plant is doing at the age its at, but it seems to me that it looks about right from other grows I've seen. Either way your plant looks really healthy :)

I like the budda in the soil too :) my grandmother always said "rub the budda's tummy for good luck" :)

Thanks for the feedback Icemud :thanks:

I like the budda in the soil too :cheesygrinsmiley: my grandmther always said "rub the budda's tummy for good luck" :cheesygrinsmiley:
I just figured having it there would be lucky :rollit: but I'm damn sho about to start rubbing :thumb: :laughtwo::adore::hug:
I'm starting a journal soon, stay tuned.

Was it a feminized seed? It should be a lot bigger by now. I also planted a seed around 7/18 and is 1 foot tall and almost a foot wide:420:

It has early signs of female pistils so I'm sure it is female.

Those green "hair-like" things that protrude from the joints between the stem and leaves can be mistaken for the female pistil. Don't be so sure that its female, you don't want to be dissapointed buddy!

Also, in regards to your slow growth, I'm not sure why its stalled since it looks healthy, Icemud's suggestion might work, but I really have no idea.:goodluck::420:

Note: Is it getting enough light?

I'll take note of that.

Note: is it getting enough light?
The first location she was at (when she was in the 2 unknown soil mixes) from sprout until mabey day 14, she would be shaded for the first half of the day(Because of the heat) and once the sun came around by like 5pm she would get full exposure. After I moved her she was getting full exposure from sun rise until sun set.

I just transplanted her 3 days ago into some FFoF soil and when I checked on her right now her water leaves were drying up/burnt and her first set of True leave had burns on the tips :shhh::confused::hmmmm: Her nodes were all good though.
I heard Ocean Forest can run a little hot so can the burns be from this? & also the temp reaches the a high of 110 daily, may the burns be from that?

What can I do to prevent any further harm??? Any help is highly requested, respected & Thanked! Pictures up soon.

Let it adapt to the heat , by slowly exposing it to direct sunlight. The black container is going to make it really hot. Once it adapts to the heat, and establishes its home, the *hopefully* vigorous growth will allow "her" to handle the heat more. Blue dream being sativa dom. very adaptable to high heat situations. Make sure the waterings are regimented too.

It could be that its too hot for it to grow quickly, tough situation, anything you plant right now (in this hot of an area) will be hard to start off. It's a small organism, and its HOT inland.

I'm not sure, a picture would help illustrate the degree of leaf damage you're worried about. It's hard for every specimen to come out perfect. It could be the sun, it could be over/under watering, it could be too much or too little nitrogen in the fertilizer mix. Its hard to tell, but the point is that its hard to have a perfect specimen that shows no signs of a deficiency. The chances are that as long as new leaves form, and that you adapt to how your plant grows, they should come in healthy. A few of my plants have been munched hard by snails and slugs, obviously. I've had some beastly grasshoppers munch hard on major fan leaves. Growing outdoors is unique in itself, and we are at the mercy of mother nature.

All in all, post pics of your issue, and we will further diagnose it.

I'm not sure, a picture would help illustrate the degree of leaf damage you're worried about. It's hard for every specimen to come out perfect. It could be the sun, it could be over/under watering, it could be too much or too little nitrogen in the fertilizer mix. Its hard to tell, but the point is that its hard to have a perfect specimen that shows no signs of a deficiency. The chances are that as long as new leaves form, and that you adapt to how your plant grows, they should come in healthy. A few of my plants have been munched hard by snails and slugs, obviously. I've had some beastly grasshoppers munch hard on major fan leaves. Growing outdoors is unique in itself, and we are at the mercy of mother nature.

Will Do Bro.

True leaf 1
burn27.JPG

True leaf 2
Burn18.JPG

What do you think?

That can happen to some of the starter leaves sometimes, doesn't look like a serious case, nothin to worry about!
I'd say its the heat.

That can happen to some of the starter leaves sometimes, doesn't look like a serious case, nothin to worry about!
I'd say its the heat.

Thanks Bro, Check the gallery I just uploaded some more pictures. Tell me what you think. :thumb:

Hey buddy,
Listen to Ice man's advice! He s given you some great pages there to check out. It doesnt matter if she s a little small atm - she will grow!:) Maybe the transplant slowed her a bit, but give her a week or so and she should show growth..
Having her outdoor relies on nature, obviously!, but if its very warm and dry, you will need to make sure she's not drying out and burning in the sun.. I just suggested a thing i used to do to another member before - I used to get fine mosquito mesh, place some stakes around my girl and drape the mesh over her and secure it. It provides shade while breathing and helps keep any large flying weed munchers eating your baby!!
Well hope all goes well for ya mate. Take it ez, SMOKEMUP;)

Back
Top Bottom