Blue Dream High Brix - Stripped Down Version

budnoob3

The goods:

Humboldt Seed Organisation - Blue Dream
This cross of Blueberry and Haze is known for its very pleasant fruity- tangy- earthy taste, blue color, and strong and lasting, mixed mind and body high. The high starts with a sativa high and finishes around 3 hours later with a relaxing indica like muscle easing and pain killing effect.

It is one of the favourites in California and in fact it is among the top ten most demanded strains in there, which gives a good measure about the quality of this jewel. Taste is described by users as sweet, tangy, lemony, and earthy. Produces big plants that grow fast and wide, and it is appropiate for commercial purposes.

Type: Sativa dominant
Outdoor harvest: Mid october
Outdoor yield: Very high
Flowering: 9 weeks
Indoor yield: High
THC: 18%

Flowering Time Indoor: 63 - 69 days (~66 days)
Yield / Quantity Indoor: The crop of this strain is great.
General Impression Indoor: is all together insane strain - absolutely recommendable.
Harvest Time Outdoor: Middle of September +/- 1 Week in CmHmβ climates.
Strength / Lasting Effect: The weed is strong and long lasting.
Yield / Quantity Outdoor: The crop of this strain is insane high and absolutely top yields.
General Impression Outdoor: is all together insane strain - absolutely recommendable.
User ratings: Blue Dream gets 9.73 of 10 possible Points in the average!

As backdrop I had a very nice grow room with light movers and all the amenities a good grow room should have but unfortunately had to abandon everything and move. budnoob2 was my old profile but I had lost access to the email associated and could not reset password so now I'm budnoob3. I'm in a new location with a significantly stripped down setup which is basically a cabinet without proper airflow or climate control other than standard household cooling/heating. My RH is low and heat is higher than I'd ever grown in before. Additionally I leave the doors of the cabinet open due to the lack of climate controls. As a result light leaks are a constant so it's far from the ideal environment. However, I'm happy to report that it's performing well enough given the circumstances. I've even used a fair amount of the dreaded tap water without any major ill effects thus far.

I haven't even payed attention to the dates for this grow, all I can say is that I was in 15/9 light for 4 weeks before switching to 10.5/13.5. It's been approximately 4 weeks since the switch. I've pretty much followed Doc Buds instructions using proper kit soil with HP Pro, EWC, etc and appropriate drenches and foliars.

Here is how the 2 girls look in their little 2.5' x 1.75' baby scrog:
bd128.jpg

Hey BN. Glad to see ya back.
You picked a good one as LA mentioned.
I'm growing it right now too & have a buttload of clones fem seeds of it now.
Good luck, it's looking great.

Thanks all, doing great considering. Haven't changed my protocol at all - still tacking maintenance doses, fortunately had enough harvest to carry me through and this harvest should be ready just in time to keep me going.

Any indica for night in the future?

I grew some Darkstar last year that almost narcotic it was so strong. I gained all my post-surgery weight back in like 2 weeks cause of it.
I've settled on Bubba Kush as my night oil, but it doesn't yield what most indicas do.
I've some Violator Kush, Kosher Kush & MK Ultra going right now in the bullpen.
I'm glad you're on the oil still my friend.
Happy Health!

I ran out of Indica a little while ago but have some afghani in the bullpen - honestly been doing OK without it at night since I ran out but still plan to make another batch with the afghani.

The coolest thing about this grow is that I'm breaking so many of the rules and the environment is far from ideal yet I don't see a single nanner and non of the odd leaf issues that you'd normally see from light stress, perfect 7 and 9 leaf fans throughout. This is a very robust and tolerant pheno for sure.

IMG_304114.JPG

IMG_306813.JPG

IMG_306516.JPG

IMG_310811.JPG

IMG_31096.JPG

IMG_313515.JPG

IMG_313410.JPG

Very nice BN!
Hey, weren't we gonna change your name anyhow?
Not too much newbie about ya now bro.

Thanks bro, yeah - we talked about changing the name but I kind of like the n00b title :) always learning every day - most importantly no matter how hard I try to eff it up these plants never let me down..... So glad to hear the news about your progress too!!!

Subbed, running BD now aswell!

Welcome, and thanks! I don't post a lot of info because all you'd ever want to know about my growing style and how I use the oil is available in the links of my signature :) peace

Back
Top Bottom