Blue Dream LED Grow

Vance

This is my second grow and I decided to go with Blue Dream solely this time around. The last grow we did 12 plants and 4 different strains. We had awesome results, however I feel going with one strain this time around is best and we can dial it in. The last grow I noticed the Blue Dream was happiest with the nute schedule. Not that the other plants were not, jut the Blue Dream did better and I think one strain this time around is best.

Here is the set up.

4x8x6 Grow Tent
12 4 gallon auto pots.
Coco medium
Canna Nutriants
2 LED grow lights with a 330 power draw. The lights are from Advance LED. Said to be equal to 600 - 800 HID
Strain Blue Dream 12 plants

Right now we are just entering week 2 of veg.
Nutes are at 900PPM - Blue Dream seems to tolerate a good nute push.
We are going with a 24 hour light phase instead of 18-6
Room temp stays around 77, though today it was up to 79
Humidity averages around 30. Today I did a foliage feed before I took the pic so it is higher in the image.
I do have Air Domes in the pots as well.

The teens came form a local grower and I am pretty happy with the little ladies. Our goal is to clone before flipping.

Sorry about the image color correction. I will remedy that as the journal continues.

20150105_1756501.jpg
20150105_1757511.jpg
20150105_1758001.jpg
20150105_1757221.jpg
20150105_1757131.jpg
20150105_1757081.jpg
20150105_1756571.jpg
20150105_1757021.jpg
20150105_1758061.jpg

You may well have fine results with 24 on hours and perhaps people normally do although I have never seen it done for more than a few days in a row.

I have read that the plants (all plants) do vital functions during the night using stored up starches as its energy source.
Although plants do not have brains per say that need rest they have other important features that act as the brains , that likewise *may* need a break every so often.

I have seen a study (by NASA I believe) that found the test plants failed after continual 24hr cycles. Which suggest to me that it would not be that good for cannabis.

You may well have fine results with 24 on hours and perhaps people normally do although I have never seen it done for more than a few days in a row.

I have read that the plants (all plants) do vital functions during the night using stored up starches as its energy source.
Although plants do not have brains per say that need rest they have other important features that act as the brains , that likewise *may* need a break every so often.

I have seen a study (by NASA I believe) that found the test plants failed after continual 24hr cycles. Which suggest to me that it would not be that good for cannabis.

Interesting.. I have heard there are benefits to a 18/6, yet I have been told 24 would do no harm. Perhaps I should look deeper into this.

Thanks for your input.

I ran a grow where I vegged for 24 hours for about a month before switching to flower. I decided to do so because when I bought them as clones they were already on that schedule. Came out beautiful.

Anyways I'll follow this grow! Looks good! Good luck! Blue dream is a fantastic strain!

My last grow was a 24 then flipped to 12/12 - I just did some quick reading on TOC. Very interesting. I think I will stay on 25 for just a few more days then switch to 18/6. My thinking is that I just replanted and they were on 24. Root seems good and I see no major signs of stress after transplanting. They are not drooping and all looks lively.

I will switch to 18/6 after I pick up a timer tomorrow.

V

Thanks

Well we are second week into veg and all is looking pretty good.
I had a few problems.

1. I think the roots had not developed before I put them on the pots. I saw some curling as if they were not getting water.
2. I saw some burning so I backed the nutes down to 650 ppm.
3. I also saw some possible Mag issues.

All in all I am optimistic about the progress. I did not calibrate my PH meter before PH'ing my reservoirs the first time. I noticed some Mag deficiencies signs and then calibrated. It was off by .60 - I usually PH to 5.5 on the head. So, I was low. Not sure if it caused lock out or not. All seem well now, the girls look happy.

I did have some yellowing after transplanting, but no longer.

Have a look. I will get seem close ups later.

If you see something I need to focus on, I am all ears and eyes.

Thanks

20150109_180800.jpg
20150109_180753.jpg
20150109_180739.jpg
20150109_180730.jpg

Been dealing with a little PM..We have it under control. It's been a rough week. I will update this weekend.

Vance what is your grow rooms humidity and temperature , during lights on and the lights off low temperature ?
I am thinking the temperature and or lack of strong ventilation may be encouraging the Powdery Mildew.
Keeping the room at a comfortable 70* to 72*f night and day with low humidity will help keep mold / mildew away , hot and cold cycles will promote it.

The humidity should not be allowed to reach 60% EVER as that is the humidity level that mold will grow at, *most* Mold and Mildews will NOT grow in 50% or lower humidity.

Your lights off low temperature could be raising the humidity level to the mildew point.

As you know powdery Mildew is brought inside threw the ventilation .. , then if conditions permit it grows.
I have seen PM on non cannabis outside plants before , it is apparently spread by the rain and wind like the black mildew that can flourish on vegetable gardens in the damp weather.

My Humidity has been over 60 percent when I foliage feed. Then it drops back down. I have tons of ventalation and nighttime temps are steady at 70 percent.

I think my foliage feeding may be the culprit. I have since backed off and used Hydrogen peroxide. It seems to have stemmed the tide.

I see some here and there and I am continuing to treat. I can;t flip until this is eradicated. The girls are looking healthy and growing. We are three feet tall and rising.

I read Blue Dream is especially susceptible to PM.

One thing I did was put UV light on at night. This also seems to have helped.

Thanks for the info. I find these little challenges oddly enjoyable.

Hey Vance, hope you don't mind if i ride along...i'm hoping to try blue dream some day...also interested in your AdvancedLED lights, as I recently obtained a 200w model. So I hope to learn a thing or two here - good luck with your grow - looking good so far!

Hope all is well in your world.

Is this grow still alive?

We would love to be updated with some pictures and info.

How about posting a 420 Strain Review?

If you need any help with posting photos, please read our Photo Gallery Tutorial.

I am moving this to Abandoned Journals until we get updates.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom