Blue Dream, look ready for 7 day flush?

Just a thought here, if those plants are past their time, (10 weeks +/-) that *could* be really bad fox-tailing from being to close to the light... That would be bad.
you are absolutely right, thats a high possiblity given how close the light is.

Haha I m getting familiar with this strain now. I m currently growing some. Like you I can't wait the harvest!

Nice, i feel my next grow will go better as the stretch wont get away on me haha. Plus it will be with clones that are mature.

That is a great looking spreadsheet @vyserage

Is your BD a hungry one? I grew one from HSO last Autumn/winter and she was on full strength Floranova bloom+additives for a full 8.5 weeks with a 12 day leach/flush at the end. Took 2 of us 4 days to harvest her from that point.

Thanks! I like the spreadsheets, eventually plan to make a binder with high quality printing paper. Since i had 4 different strains in the RDWC i cant say for sure how hungry any of them were or were not. I had tip burn going on at around 1400ppm or so. Dont recal if that tip burn was for all of them, just 1 or 2 of what lol. Every watering i add 1G nutes, 1 tsp of all additives (Big Bud, Overdrive, Calmag, Hydroguard) and it has a floater in there with a water line to auto fill the bucket back to a certain spot so its always perfect water level. Unfortunately this makes it so i cant see how much water its drinking so i just pay attention to the ppm.
wow look at those! Those did much better than mine haha. I think the mad stretch mixed with the late maturing, plus even the possibility of the light being too close and what we are seeing is fox tailing.

you are absolutely right, thats a high possiblity given how close the light is.

Nice, i feel my next grow will go better as the stretch wont get away on me haha. Plus it will be with clones that are mature.

Thanks! I like the spreadsheets, eventually plan to make a binder with high quality printing paper. Since i had 4 different strains in the RDWC i cant say for sure how hungry any of them were or were not. I had tip burn going on at around 1400ppm or so. Dont recal if that tip burn was for all of them, just 1 or 2 of what lol. Every watering i add 1G nutes, 1 tsp of all additives (Big Bud, Overdrive, Calmag, Hydroguard) and it has a floater in there with a water line to auto fill the bucket back to a certain spot so its always perfect water level. Unfortunately this makes it so i cant see how much water its drinking so i just pay attention to the ppm.
wow look at those! Those did much better than mine haha. I think the mad stretch mixed with the late maturing, plus even the possibility of the light being too close and what we are seeing is fox tailing.

That is quite close to what mine was running at, the blue dream is a strangely hungry sativa dom. Interesting.:cheer:

That is quite close to what mine was running at, the blue dream is a strangely hungry sativa dom. Interesting.:cheer:

I find it impressive. I grew blue dream three times and it always stretched more than expected. Each time I say to myself I won't let that again then I make the same mistake which is to let it veg for too long :p
But it s also a strong plant for sure! I have one that was close to death in her early day that I suppercropped as she was sick and so young. She made it! Even after a big heatwave then a bad storm! I won't hijack your post with pics but don't hesitate to have a look at my journal even just for this outdoor plant. She s impressed me a lot!

Hello buddy!

So this may not help a lot but iv just had a full line of Super Skunk do this to me, they looked as if the lights were too close for the fox tailing, turns out the strain is not a heat lover at all and anything above 25c it starts giving signs like this, seen a few other comments on other grow forums where they had ran the same strain and it took to its sativa dominant side once they were around 28c, same time he ran again at 22 and got perfect results, i ran mine until 11 weeks and i couldnt bulk them up without them being airy, this could have something to do with it maybe, never grew Blue Dream but iv grown my fair share of strains to find they all dont like 1 particular temp range.

Like i said maybe something or nothing or it may be taking the sativa dominant side in its bread line.

Hello buddy!

So this may not help a lot but iv just had a full line of Super Skunk do this to me, they looked as if the lights were too close for the fox tailing, turns out the strain is not a heat lover at all and anything above 25c it starts giving signs like this, seen a few other comments on other grow forums where they had ran the same strain and it took to its sativa dominant side once they were around 28c, same time he ran again at 22 and got perfect results, i ran mine until 11 weeks and i couldnt bulk them up without them being airy, this could have something to do with it maybe, never grew Blue Dream but iv grown my fair share of strains to find they all dont like 1 particular temp range.

Like i said maybe something or nothing or it may be taking the sativa dominant side in its bread line.
Thanks for that, ill keep that in mind the next time i grow it! I was running 81f to sometimes even 88f air temps while 77 - 79f at nights. Majority of the time it was 81f in tent. I have my lights that close because i cant raise them anymore. The tower fan keeps them cool and the plants even right under it feel cool with that air flow. qb's are quite nice in that regard. Weather its foxtailing from higher air temps or from the lights too close, next time i grow it ill know to expect they stretch a good deal so ill cut the vegging even shorter. Then if it still does it like this time, ill know the foxtailing-like issue is because Blue Dream does not like higher air temps

I find it impressive. I grew blue dream three times and it always stretched more than expected. Each time I say to myself I won't let that again then I make the same mistake which is to let it veg for too long :p
But it s also a strong plant for sure! I have one that was close to death in her early day that I suppercropped as she was sick and so young. She made it! Even after a big heatwave then a bad storm! I won't hijack your post with pics but don't hesitate to have a look at my journal even just for this outdoor plant. She s impressed me a lot!

I was giving examples of ready to harvest BD, i feel kinda like I've hijacked your thread @vyserage sorry about that bud.

i was going to start flushing on day 77 and harvest day 84, ill get some more close-up pics on day 77 for everyone here and we can see if its good to flush for 7 days then harvest on 84, otherwise keep growing for an additional week without flush, flush on day 84 and harvest on 91.

So guys, something strange is happening. 2 nights ago i changed the lights power output from 250w per row (total of 750w in tent), down to just under 200w per row (total of roughly 600w). New growth has showed up with fresh looking pistols on all the buds, i even noticed some on lower buds further away from light. It looks like foxtailing! But that doesn't make any sense! i lowered light output 2 nights ago, not raised lol. I dont really get it :p Thoughts?

Maybe from the heat? It was 86f in there the other day and 91f inside prior to that. AC was broke for almost a week so its been high 80's and low 90's heat inside tent for that week. The AC works again so luckily i can keep it 82/81 max from here on. Too expensive to keep it lower.

Or maybe this is the plants packing on their final weight for the next couple weeks?

what is peoples experience with foxtailing, caused from heat and from intense light? Like if i have the lights close to my plants as they are, but i have that tower fan keeping everything cool so that its not hot directly under those lights, could the intensity of it still cause foxtailing?

I also think you are in no rush for a flush! Let them girls go! When they get close, they'll be heavy and sagging slightly, or alot, and slow swaying in the breeze of the fans. They will look finished! They'll look like you could just trim them up, clip 'em off, and smoke. Yours dont look quite there yet.
Again, just my 2 cents.

I wouldn't worry about the foxtailing. It's not going to diminish quality of the smoke. If anything, it's just adding more bud to your final numbers. "Foxtailing " just explains the way the new growth is coming in. Looks like foxtails.
Just my 2 cents.

I share your 2 cent as I think the same

I also think you are in no rush for a flush! Let them girls go! When they get close, they'll be heavy and sagging slightly, or alot, and slow swaying in the breeze of the fans. They will look finished! They'll look like you could just trim them up, clip 'em off, and smoke. Yours dont look quite there yet.
Again, just my 2 cents.

So true! That time I won't check trichromes until I see white pistils. I figured that like @Big Sparks says, when the buds are ready there is no doubt. I ve been able to see buds in my grow but also so many pics which made me realize that there is a time when the buds have finished to fatten and really look like flowers and not a strange mix of leaves and pistils. Plus I see this as a fruit. You can grab an orange before it s ready. However taste and vitamins won't be the same. I believe even as a energetic high lover, it can be rewarding to wait till the buds are fully matured even by accepting a few amber trichs. I remember how I had harvested one green crack when she had mostly cloudy trichs then could compare with another one I had given more time. It was night and day in every aspect! Size of buds, density, smell, taste etc... Even with some amber trich it still remained a green crack without any couchlock effect. Anyway just some sharing :):)

I forgot to add that during my last grow my blue dream kept throwing pistils for a long time. It turned out to be a good surprise as it was then turning into flowers then buds. So I think it s also part of her genetics and how she flowers. I had also seen multiple blue dream grows with that happening. Don't worry and be patient friend. Tomorrow will be 9 weeks from flip and after multiple troubles my blue dreams are hopefully delevoping well now but still look like 3 weeks into bloom

20180912_094504~2.jpg

Picture taken before bending some tops that were getting to close to the lights.
As you can see I had to learn to be patient. But it s good cause I know what's important...... Make them grow healthy! :Namaste:

Thanks guys :D I appreciate the re-assurance! I'll let them just keep on keepin on! I do gotta say i notice them still plumping up so thats awesome :D

Okay so its F-Day 78 and its not looking like any amber is showing up on buds just yet. Small amounts were found on some sugar leaf's but not the buds. I'm thinking grow 1 more week and then if i have 5% or so amber on buds, ill start the 7 day flush before harvest. Otherwise ill keep em goin!

Mon Sep 17 06-22-36.jpgMon Sep 17 06-23-46.jpgMon Sep 17 06-25-01.jpgMon Sep 17 06-26-04.jpgMon Sep 17 06-26-28.jpgMon Sep 17 06-27-02.jpgMon Sep 17 06-27-22.jpg

Back
Top Bottom