Blue Dream & OG Kush Clone First Grow

Re: Blue Dream And OG Kush Clone First Grow

Hey everyone just an quick update today I woke up checked the girls n hairs popping out all over I'm going to still wait till tomorrow to upload pics but she's getting her hairs all over and my buddy said the more first set or hairs the bigger the yeild is this true.

Congrats on all the hairs.....each pair of hairs is connected to a calyx if that's how it's spelled.....these calyx swell if not pollinated and if it is it will still swell but with seeds. So the simple answer if I'm understanding your question right is yes more calyx equals more weight cause in the end these are what have the highest concentrations of all the cannibinoids. I was dissipointed on my first fem plant when I cut a bud off while it was still all white and hairy at about week 3 of bloom and it dried to hardly nothing and smoked like grass....about 3 weeks later you could notice the calyx and less of the white hairs and then 3 more weeks and it was the calyx and trichs you focused on when you looked at the buds......hope my rambling was of some help, I got to go replay Sid the science kid and microwave some more popcorn chicken and swap the laundry.......ohh and smoke a bowl! Peace brother

Sounds like you got your hands full today lo but thanks for explaining. I feel like I'm understanding the plant more and more everyday!!! I was very disappointed with myself a few weeks ago I though I was ruining these plant and just not doing things proper but there really smstarting to turn out nice or so I think so. I'm starting to do some reading in curling and what to do then I cut her down but I still don't get the difference from cureing and drying. Also is it bad not to check my ph every day I was then I notice my ph is staying stable and not moving much for about four to five days. So all I'm doing is wasting chems checking all the time so I've stopped checking every day and from me not messing with them all the time I feel like there growing better.. Can't wait to share some pics tomorrow thanks again everyone, this has to be the most helpful site for grow on the Internet!!!!

Drying is taking the moister out of the bud......and curing is drawing this process out for as long as mold will let you.....what I have done is chop then trim then hang to dry just until the stems start to get a little harder....not snapping yet just not as bendable and the outside of the leaves will feel a little crispy but the bud will still be soft when squeezed a little then I put it into a box hanging until the stem just starts to crack and the bud feels a little harder then I put it in jars until I can take a bud out and feel that it is moist again, then in the box with the lid closed until it feels dry again then back in the jar I do this until the bud fills dense,hard and breaks up well with out and bud resisting coming off the stem with a twist of my fingers.....prolly not the right way and times vary but I have learned I like to wait to harvest till the plant is dry like when I'm ready to harvest I water then wait a few days

There is a more in depth answer dealing with temps and rh but I don't really remember all the info.....something like 62% rh and anything over 70f destroys certain terpainoids. So I would look around, my answer above is what I have done so far but there is much room for improvement.

I am interpreting that drying is when you remove the moisture from the outer layers of the bud and curing is when you remove the moisture from the inner parts of the bud. though I have yet to harvest a plant, I still have a little experience with the concept of "sweating". When I did time and was a little financially strained, I had to smoke rolling tobacco. Towards the end of a pouch, the tobacco would start to dry out, so I'd put a small orange peal or a ringed out wet tissue into the pouch and fold it to seal. the moisture that was in the orange peel or damp tissue would redistribute evenly onto all the tobacco in the pouch. So reapplying that principle, I will hang my buds for 7-10 days in a dark semi dry closet, exchanging the air once a day. When the buds get a little crispy on the outsides, but still feel a bit spongy, I will know they're still moist on the inside. I can then put them in jars with the lid off for 5-10 hours, then pour them out for 20 minute clips. Bouncing back and forth from in the jar with no lid to out until it appears to stabilize, then repeat the same process with the lid on. Sounds a bit tedious, but should work towards getting all the moisture out, or at least the amounts that would otherwise turn into mold over time. Just keep working the moisture from the core to the outer most layer where it can evaporate.

Also, about your odor problem. If you can quarantine a room, cover the windows and duct tape every seam, you could create an air lock where you control what goes in and out through the filter. If memory serves me, you have about a dozen plants? If yes, a closet is not what you need.

Also, about your odor problem. If you can quarantine a room, cover the windows and duct tape every seam, you could create an air lock where you control what goes in and out through the filter. If memory serves me, you have about a dozen plants? If yes, a closet is not what you need.
I have 2 plants homie not a dozen.. I don't have the room for that I would like to tho lol

@kush, I got you mixed up with another grower. I will double back to refresh myself on ur journal. Aside from that, I think LED might be the way to go if u can scrape the pennies together. Otherwise maybe some CFLs. I know they're not HIDs, but they are doing me ok in veg and I can't wait to see what happens in flower. My clones and seedlings are doing great in the hydro and the mom is doing ok in the soil under the same set of lights. Maybe that's the trade off to have a measure of success with CFLs is using hydro. I know the HID will give you the lumens and powerful penetration you want, but by the time you get it so the closet can maintain an optimal temp, you'll likely have then spent enough to get you a nice LED panel.

@Skybound it's all good bud yeah leds seem to be a good choice when having limited space. I do like my 600hps tho I'm still unsure on what I want to do. I'm making a little tent so I can ensure darkness when lights out. I'm thinking about buying a little led first before buying something more expensive puls 300 or 400$ is alot of money to shell out for a light out front. My 600 hps was 50 for ballast but it was used and 60 for my bulb it's a optilume 600watt 90000 lumens.. That's only 110 plus maybe at most 120 for ventilation cheaper if you do it yourself like I try and do with everything. So when I see a price like 400 for a light that can only grow a few plants in a little space really sucks.. Plus I'm broke and have to many bills lol.. Anyways thanks for the information and for following my journal!!!

there's a few decent DIY LED panel builds on Youtube, but finding a relatively cheap distributor is tricky. I want to build one just to say I can, but those little bastards are pricey. But when you look at the bottom line, if a tight space for stealth is key, I'm willing to bet LEDs put out way less heat than CFLs, and I don't even have big ones and maintaining temps can be a bitch at times. I went back and checked your specs. Maybe build a couple CFL reflectors for Veg and keep your HID in that 4x6x7.5 for flower. Shit, if there's room, you could even roll your veg plants into the flower room for the light hours and bring them back to the CFLs for the remaining 6 or whatever.

I wanna build one to. I love building stuff to just say I did n to have self pride in something lol. I have my penal plans all drawn up but for the prices of the parts with shipping it's like I mine as well buy one made already. Until I can find a store that sells the LED chips. I was wondering I seen at radio shack they sell red led strips and but only has blue tape for white led strips. I was wondering if I take the red strips and line my cabinet And take the white ones and put the blue led tape over those if that would work fine??

I doubt the LED strip lights would add enough light to your grow for flowering.

I would only use them for veg not flowering. I would only use LEDs with flowering if I wanted to spend alot of money on lights... I would only use the strip LEDs for veg in a cabinet about L13" W14" H22" or something close to that size

hey everyone just wanted to get some information on some seeds. im ordering from herbie and was going to get the great white shark, does anyone have any information on this strain. also im going to either order bomb cherry bomb or a blueberry strain. id like to go with a blue berry but I cant find a strain with a blue tint like I seen somebody growing on this site. id rather order the blueberry but would like some info on the strains of herbies... hmmmmmm what to do?

also does anyone have any information about ordering seed to the usa. is it abad idea to have shipped to my house and use my name. or should I use a fake name and give my friends address that lives across the hall in my apartment. I don't have many options on where I can have these sent to.

also iwas goin to upload pics tonight but im going to wait until tomorrow.the plants are doing great tho and drinking up a lot of water. I jujst had to top up again today. and there is a lot of hairs starting to poke and my plant grew another 3 inchs just this weekend... its crazy how fast things start changing with these things. imfalling in love with growing myplants there like the dream kids that every parent wants. grow up healthy, don't talk back, and make something of themselves lol. I might be a litte to stoned right now... anyways pic will be uploaded tomorrow thanks everyone

I think donpaul.p has some good info about colored strains. I read (but can't remember where) that a lot of other factors go into play when getting colored strains to actually show that color. When I place my order, I will be getting some Bomb Seeds too, all their strains look attractive and with the Pick-n-mix feature that Herbies gives, I could get almost Bomb's entire lineup for cheap. When I order, I will be sending Postal Money Order, and shipping in my name to a different address. Your neighbor across the hall may be a little too close to you, unless your grow is elsewhere. The I completely trust the discretion of Herbie, parcels from foreign jurisdictions may give someone some where reason to make a mental note of that, and if something like that leads to dogs, guess what, the dog won't be checking addresses to see which door number belongs to a delivered package, so I'd suggest possibly shipping elsewhere. The counter to that point is that I've read other growers in this forum delivering right to their door with no issue at all, multiple order at that. Search the forums for Herbies and you'll get a lot of hits.

hey thanksfor the imput. I would really like to just sent to my house but idk with my luck ill be sniffed out. hmmm not sure where I could have them sent to. ahhhh I wish my laws in this state would change already. but yes bomb does have a nice selection of seeds. I am really fascinated by white widow, skunk #1 and when I was younger I got a nice strain that was called g13. now I havnt came across it ever since and I cant seem to find a seed. anyways I also fell inlove with this blueberry plant that was tinted blue. its was very obvious blue color but the person who posted only said blue berry and didn't say the seed or where he got it. and now I cant find the thread he posted!!!!

Back
Top Bottom