Blue Dream x Tutankhamon x Green Crack

Good looking Grow Flash , i am NO pro. but sounds like you need to make the call as to > you want bigger buds or more resin at the end ? i see some changed up from 12/12 to 13/11 in the last few weeks to produce more resin ? By the way what kind of feeding schedule do you have going on ? and what nuks. I have grown more outside than in where you really can't change up things other than were you put them outside! :goodjob:

Hi thanks,

I ve used bio Vega for veg and now going to use bio Flores and bio booster and calmag. I ll be using half the recommanded dosage and this 3rd time a week with water and ph adjusted. My plant have been 20/4 from start except 1 week after transplant (that was 2 weeks ago). I m flipping it tonight to 13 hours light 11 hours night. I ve seen many people praising it and getting better over wall yields (quantity, smell, taste, etc...) then I will do the last 2 weeks on 12/12. Then 3 days dark before harvest. Seems to allow more thc to develop without being burned by the lights.

Looking good so far, I'm just getting to the end of my first grow I've ever done and your plants sounds like they are going nice, I'll have to keep up on this thread

Can I see your plants?

Lil update.

I trimmed the plants a bit especially the green crack and blue dream in the big white pot. I hope to see little tops growing more. I thought about removing them but I think as the plants have 25L for blue dream and 35L for green crack, plus all the lights they want, they should develop roots enough to have the energy to give those little branches some power. I removed some fan leaves that were hiding lower bud sites and center of the plant.

I have also sent back to zjchao 1000w leds (100w actual power consumption) and bought and brand new toplanet 600w full spectrum bright light. It s most powerful that the two previous lights. I had to reach the height. So that's perfect as air can circulate better and I ll be able to water easier.

That was two days ago. I flipped to flower two days ago. I m on 13/11. After reading multiple threads and seeing people praising it I m gonna try myself. In a lot of parts of the world where weed Grow, it gets more than 13 hours of light during flowering. I ll be back ok 12/12 last two weeks to make the plant think winter is coming and get more resin development. I also plan to give it 48 hours dark after harvest in a cold room to stress the plant to give the last power she has. Plus this will allow last formed trichomes not being burnt by the lights during 48 hours.

Here s are some quick pics :

Blue dream and tutankhamon in the back :

IMAG14298.jpg

Blue dream side view :
IMAG14307.jpg

Tutankhamon :

IMAG14395.jpg

Second tutankhamon. They are same age but this one got defoliation when she was younger. Seems didn't like it that much as the other one grew taller with more tops. We will see what happens next

IMAG14317.jpg

Green crack on the right and blue dream on the left. They are under brand new led light and receive around 80000 lux :

IMAG14345.jpg

Thats a pretty solid grow room you got going mate. Only skimmed a couple of your pictures and read a couple of your updates, so somebody maybe already did mention this. You should think about getting them defoliated a bit maybe open up for some light to all those lower bud sight early on. And with that much height in your grow space those site light bars you mentioned in my journal, would maybe be a good buy - if placed correctly and you defoliate those bastards hard. :thumb: best of luck to you m8

:Namaste:

Thats a pretty solid grow room you got going mate. Only skimmed a couple of your pictures and read a couple of your updates, so somebody maybe already did mention this. You should think about getting them defoliated a bit maybe open up for some light to all those lower bud sight early on. And with that much height in your grow space those site light bars you mentioned in my journal, would maybe be a good buy - if placed correctly and you defoliate those bastards hard. :thumb: best of luck to you m8

:Namaste:

Thank you very much for your insights. I feel very alone in that thread hahaha. You think I should defol more? I m a bit scared as in my last grow defoliated green crack in the beginning of flowering produce smaller buds than non defoliated plant. Maybe there were other factors that played like bad pH? I ll follow your advice by the way coz I m curious and that time my grow conditions are much better than the first grow!

Defoliated tutankhamon #2 a bit as well as a bit more on blue dream and green crack pot. Here a lil pic as we love pics

IMAG14406.jpg

Looks like you are doing pretty well on your grow.

Regarding your question as to whether you should flip to 12/12? That is a personal choice and they look like they are mature enough to go into flower. Are you seeing any pre-flower down in the stem joints? Remember that if height is a constraint many plants will double in size after inducing flower. On my first grow I almost waited too long and had a lot of work to keep them from out growing the 6 foot height tent I had.

Looks like you are doing pretty well on your grow.

Regarding your question as to whether you should flip to 12/12? That is a personal choice and they look like they are mature enough to go into flower. Are you seeing any pre-flower down in the stem joints? Remember that if height is a constraint many plants will double in size after inducing flower. On my first grow I almost waited too long and had a lot of work to keep them from out growing the 6 foot height tent I had.

Hi,

Many thanks for your input. I ve gone 13/11 to try. I have 6 feet height available so I ll deal with it. I can super crop at least solution

Yep I ll post and update as soon as there are some nice physical changes

Lil update.

I trimmed the plants a bit especially the green crack and blue dream in the big white pot. I hope to see little tops growing more. I thought about removing them but I think as the plants have 25L for blue dream and 35L for green crack, plus all the lights they want, they should develop roots enough to have the energy to give those little branches some power. I removed some fan leaves that were hiding lower bud sites and center of the plant.

I have also sent back to zjchao 1000w leds (100w actual power consumption) and bought and brand new toplanet 600w full spectrum bright light. It s most powerful that the two previous lights. I had to reach the height. So that's perfect as air can circulate better and I ll be able to water easier.

That was two days ago. I flipped to flower two days ago. I m on 13/11. After reading multiple threads and seeing people praising it I m gonna try myself. In a lot of parts of the world where weed Grow, it gets more than 13 hours of light during flowering. I ll be back ok 12/12 last two weeks to make the plant think winter is coming and get more resin development. I also plan to give it 48 hours dark after harvest in a cold room to stress the plant to give the last power she has. Plus this will allow last formed trichomes not being burnt by the lights during 48 hours.

Here s are some quick pics :

Blue dream and tutankhamon in the back :

IMAG14298.jpg

Blue dream side view :
IMAG14307.jpg

Tutankhamon :

IMAG14395.jpg

Second tutankhamon. They are same age but this one got defoliation when she was younger. Seems didn't like it that much as the other one grew taller with more tops. We will see what happens next

IMAG14317.jpg

Green crack on the right and blue dream on the left. They are under brand new led light and receive around 80000 lux :

IMAG14345.jpg
Are you running COB or QB?

Are you running COB or QB?

Here my lights : BESTVA 2000w + 1500w + 1000w + roleadro 300w bright full spectrum the a toplanet 600w bright full spectrum. So no COB. I had done different search on COB in the beginning, and it seems the cob produces more heat so I had choose not to take it. I had also seen a nice video showing true lux measures of some Chinese lights. From that point I bought a lux meter and could understand that the more important is how far you put it from the plant. I guess most of the Leds can achieve 80000 lux. It s just a matter of distance then. For example the zjchao announced as 1000w, but with 100w actual power consumption, need to be placed around 1 inch of the top to get around 80000 lux. The most powerful ones like the bestva 2000w can be placed way further so have more footprint

This is what I would like to achieve! I wish I could find the grow journal of that plant! It s taken from the growweedeasy defoliating article :

aurora-indica-defoliation.jpg

I know it is an indica so I may not have buds that big with my mostly sativa plants. However we can always dream! When I did the training of the ladies I had this plant in my mind. I hope to see one of mine like that before harvest. All my ladies have at least 10 strong tops growing plus smaller ones. It will hopefully develop like on the picture!

Did some LST this afternoon on 1 Blue dream and green crack. It seems they love their new pot as they are growing so fast now! I opened up the plants a bit :

PicsArt_02-04-06_38_23.jpg

View from top :
IMAG14412.jpg

I remind that blue dream is in 25L and green crack in 35L. I just splitted a big 60L in two parts. This for two reasons :

- Avoiding roots battle which has very bad consequences on growth. Fighting for space is ok as they have enough light and are almost the same size.

- All my pots have water reserve. In case I wouldn't be home for a few days to a week, I can go without worrying about watering as they will be ok thanks to the reserve. For those who would be interested it pots from Lechuza brand. Those kinds of pot are not recommended a lot for growing weed as it s better to let the soil dry sometimes. But as a water backup solution when you are not home it s so good. Last year I was out for 10 days. When I came back my plants were doing well

It's been 3 days from flip. I m amazed by the size of the branches of the blue dream in 25L. They're twice bigger than the one in 20L. But the 25L is 10" deeper. So I guess if you want big branch and big buds you need to avoid large but not deep enough pots. The bluedream of the smaller pot was the bigger one.... That's crazy!I ll post some picture during the weekend so that it is easier to see differences and evolution!

It s funny to see how much math we have to do to make things going for the best. For example I had put the smaller BD in the deeper pot feeling (and a bit hoping) it would get bigger and become like the taller one. Actually it did work too well haha

Back
Top Bottom