Blue Dream x Tutankhamon x Green Crack

Hey flash. If you are trying to avoid height issues after flip. I recommend just putting a bet on top. Once it poked through the net tuck it back under and to the side. This will keep you from having any plants that reach too tall.

Hey thanks. I don't plan to use a net as I m not growing in a tent so not very practical nor easy to install a net! But thanks for the advice. On my last grow I had a huge plant and just did supercropping on the 3 tallest branches. It went very well

OH you re so right with the pictures. Next ones will be better!

Regarding your advice I m still hesitating. Did you have a chance to see this video? That size doesn't scare me for example :
Those plants are only a meter tall.

Actually that's what I m looking for.

He flipped earlier than me but the plants had way less tops so I guess mine won't grow that much
Only one way to find out!

Those plants are only a meter tall.

Only one way to find out!

Haha in fact. I ll let it grow and recover from the multiple half topping (I do that to slow some taller tops growth. Seems to be working pretty well and helps me keeping an almost even canopy without having to use a screen

That is a LOT of light. I’m super interested to see how it works out :)

Yes in fact that's a lot of light but as it consuming around 1000w I m ok with that. The goal is really not to have any kind of regrets. I read dozens of grow journals and websites and if you want huge harvest you need that the plants have as many light coverage as possible. On my first grow in the beginning I had only two lights and I could see how the development was so slower and the buds didn't fatten much. There are many factors but light my be the most important one

Hi guys,

Some pics!

Top of Tutankhamon (couldn't do better as it s in the back and has grown around 20 inches)

Blue Dream on the left and Green Crack on the right

Side view

Top view

Tutankhamon #2

Blue Dream #2

Top view of grow space :

I think I ll flip in 10 days from now. I m letting all the plants recover from half fimming (you can see if you zoom in) and also allow green crack to grow more (didn't fim that time as I had fimmed her a lot when she was younger and now i want vertical growth)

:Namaste:

Go King Tut! Yes, I'm partial to those two ladies, as well as blue dream... they are all looking sooo nice and flippable!

Thanks! This is my first true grow with knowledge so I m doing my best to get the best result possible with my "grow room".

I m waiting a bit before flipping coz of this

Take a look at the video! I want this kind of harvest so I need to be patient and let all those tops grow a bit more as I think my plant will grow less than in this video cause my plants have way more tops to grow

Looks like you would have a full room if you flip now, I'd let the stretch fill the rest of your square footage with some lst all these strains and phenos will stretch differently. Your girls are looking happy and healthy :thumb:

Thanks! I did some lst to in fact gain more coverage. Now i m letting them grow a bit as they will become wider by themselves while growing taller. I know I would fill my space at that time if I flip but I prefer waiting a bit more to be sure to have something like in the video. At the mean time my experience is only based on pictures, posts and tutorials I have read. In fact, I haven't been able to see a plant stretching yet so as it is my first time and I can't go back to veg after flowering starts, I prefer letting the Green Crack and the smaller tutankhamon a lil bit before switching. But if some experience grower tells me that with my setup and how my plants are looking they will push more than 20oz I m flipping to flowering straight! :high-five:

Hi guys,

I took time yesterday to visit some journals yesterday night. I have been thinking about if I should flip to flowering now or wait longer. After seeing again different pictures of yours i decided to accept the fact that in my first grow, Green crack ladie didn't stretch much because she didn't have enough soil (10L or around 3Gal) and not enough pot depth (around 13cm or 5 inches). That time the plants have bigger pots with more soil (between 3gal to 10gal for the green crack). I have defoliated them a bit to allow more breathing and to remove old leaves. They're like in the picture and I don't plan to defoliate them anymore as in my last grow it gave me less yield on a green crack whereas her twin sister got more yields. The king tut that I hadn't defoliated also grew taller and with more tops. All the plants are between 12inches and 16 inches. I should get the stretch I want and finish with around 27 inches.

All this bring me to going to flowering tonight. But I have a question. I have heard about 24 hours dark before inducing flowering. This would make the plant react faster. I also read that 13/11 light cycle could make more yields.
My plants have been on 20/4 since the beginning with just a week of 16/8 after transplant 2 weeks ago to allow more rest and encourage roots development as I had read it happens faster at night. So which number do you think that I should choose :

1- just flip to regular 12/12?
2- do the 24 hours dark then go 12/12?
3- do the 24 hours dark then go 13/11?

I m thinking a lot to do "3" cause I think as my plants have been to 20/4 for 2 weeks, if I switch to 13/11 it may be enough dark to trigger flowering (I have seen people succeed 13/11 without trouble).

Can't wait to have your insights!

Nice looking bushes!!! I’ll read through your journal after work. Stumbled across your closet on my lunch break. Don’t worry I only looked, no touchy hehe

Thanks glad to see you there :)

Glad to be here, I wish I could give you some input on the flip, I’m about to flip also within the week but I was just going to go to straight 12/12 with no dark period.. but I’m just shooting from the hip here, yield is always welcomed but not a huge concern for me.. I just like watching the grass grow

I read a thread where they say having had less yields with a plant that had 3 days darkness vs her sister who had been flipped normally. So now remains the 13/11 question

Ive never heard of going dark before flower pre harvest I have but not going into flower gonna have to look that up I know alot of people step down by taking a half hour a day of light away also the 13/11 is that 13 dark then 11 light never heard of that either guess I got some research to do
What I have heard is some strains need a longer dark period to flower and I had 1 that after 3 weeks still nothing so I cut lights back to 11/13 (because it was my biggest plant at the time) and week later boom there she goes now she could have just been just playing games with me although females will never do that right but other than that I have no usable info for you I'm watching to find out on this

Ive never heard of going dark before flower pre harvest I have but not going into flower gonna have to look that up I know alot of people step down by taking a half hour a day of light away also the 13/11 is that 13 dark then 11 light never heard of that either guess I got some research to do
What I have heard is some strains need a longer dark period to flower and I had 1 that after 3 weeks still nothing so I cut lights back to 11/13 (because it was my biggest plant at the time) and week later boom there she goes now she could have just been just playing games with me although females will never do that right but other than that I have no usable info for you I'm watching to find out on this

Thanks for your input. I had read on some forums that some outdoor grower was saying that in some region the plants don't really get 12 hours but I may have misunderstood thinking they were saying the nights where shorter. I ll just do things in a regular way. I m flipping tonight!

Good looking Grow Flash , i am NO pro. but sounds like you need to make the call as to > you want bigger buds or more resin at the end ? i see some changed up from 12/12 to 13/11 in the last few weeks to produce more resin ? By the way what kind of feeding schedule do you have going on ? and what nuks. I have grown more outside than in where you really can't change up things other than were you put them outside! :goodjob:

Thanks! This is my first true grow with knowledge so I m doing my best to get the best result possible with my "grow room".

I m waiting a bit before flipping coz of this

Take a look at the video! I want this kind of harvest so I need to be patient and let all those tops grow a bit more as I think my plant will grow less than in this video cause my plants have way more tops to grow
Looking good so far, I'm just getting to the end of my first grow I've ever done and your plants sounds like they are going nice, I'll have to keep up on this thread

Back
Top Bottom