Blue Dream!

Mjddwb215

Is or has anyone on here grown blue dream? I have some questions about it if it's ok? Growing in soil (first time growing ever) put them in soil on 4/20. Looking real good. Basically, I'd like to know when it's ok to cut light down and how many hours? Also for how long? I also can't sex them yet and I'm not to sure it's not just me.... thank you for the help!

Attachments

• 15618385110952839110040090584301.jpg
    15618385110952839110040090584301.jpg
    865 KB · Views: 126
I grew Blue Dreams for my first grow, using FFOF soil. They will triple in height at the stretch, which shortly follows the change in light cycle. Really a fun strain to grow. I used LST, and topped from there before changing the light cycle to 12/12. Good vibes, really a nice up then down high. Cheers!!!!
So the fact that they are small around week 10 is ok? Two stand at 12 inches 1 at about 18 inches

That's an optical illusion I guess from that angle, they looked like about 8 to 10" tall to me in the pic.
Still pretty dang small for 2 1/2 months old though.
So if nothing changes, same pots, same lights, same everything except cut the lights down to 12/12 then I wouldn't expect much in the way of yield.

Hard to say why they're so small, usually it would be not enough light.
Cant tell in the pic if they're spindly with long node spacing.

Odds are you need more light but dont know without a bit more info

Well they did start as outdoor bc I had no place for them. I got three seeds when a friend gave them to me. So yes when they were small they lacked light. Ever since I got a tent and all that they been coming along very well.... you think I should keep them at 18 & 6 for another week? Can't hurt right?

What's LST MEAN and how do you top them? Attached is the light I'm using and I still need to get another one...

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190630-092534_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    Screenshot_20190630-092534_Amazon Shopping.jpg
    226.9 KB · Views: 39
Your blue dream plant should grow and spread more than that. If you’re not in a hurry I’d let her grow some more before flipping her. Seems like she’s just getting going nicely. Pics without the grow light on would show her colour better
I started mine as seeds in April 1, but did the opposite of you. Started indoors then moved out. This one is my outdoor girl in a pot. The other is in a greenhouse in ground and is much bigger
2F50670B-BC66-4FAB-B4CB-49C557D9DB82.jpeg

What's LST MEAN and how do you top them? Attached is the light I'm using and I still need to get another one...
LST= Low Stress Training,bending of the main stalk to promote even growth of the nodes. By keeping all nodes/tops the same height, they in theory will grow evenly. Helps eliminate popcorn bud. Search LST on the search bar. Many threads with great info.
Topping= hard for me to explain. I use the search bar daily for different techniques to use on this wonderful plant.
With adequate lighting it’s pretty hard to screw up growing cannibus in my limited experience. Cheers!!

If I am reading that correctly that light puts out at best 255 PPFD and that's dead center.
Its 100w.
Not familiar with the light but the specs are so-so.
Buts it's what you got to work with.
If that's the total of your lighting then I would top the plant once, let that grow out a couple inches and flip to flower.
That light isnt going to do much for any larger of a plant.

I’m using low budget LED’s until I can afford to make the sun jealous. Since the light manufactures are not sponsors, I won’t mention them. You want to look for actual amp draw. For example. I have a 1000w led that draws 180w. I also have a 600w led that draws 180w. I have slowly added lights to get my Watts/sq ft up to 40watts/ft. I haven’t taken any other readings like par, etc. I’m sure I’m still low. I’m growing decent colas tho. Soon those decent colas will be huge with better light. MarsHydro is a sponsor on 420, that is having a sale right now. If you summoned smoke Sara, she’ll get your room just right. Good luck.

That's going to depend somewhat on your temperature.
All through veg stage I personally try to stick pretty close to a proper Vapor Pressure Deficit.
If all things are perfect I prefer temperature at 75 and humidity at 65%
If your temperature is 80 then about 70% humidity.

Once I start flower I lower humidity by 5% every week until I get to 35 to 40% and keep it there remainder of the grow.

Back
Top Bottom