Blue Dream'matic Comparison Auto Grow Super Soil Vs Promix+ With LSD-25 Auto On The Side

Rickstertp

So this is my second grow and my first journal, so whether it is grow advice or journaling advice, I'm open to all suggestions. I had been interested in doing a grow with super soil from Nature's Living Soil, but I also have been watching Farside05's grows with megacrop and seeing his success I decided to drop two beans of Fastbuds Blue Dream'matic. One will go into Promix HP and be fed with Megacrop, Protekt and CalMag. I will do my best to follow Farside's schedule. The second one will go into Super Soil that is mixed according to the directions. I filled 1/3 of my 5 gallon fabric pot with FFOF and mixed in the bag of Super Soil (WOW! what a stink!). Then I filled the rest of the pot with FFOF. This one will get nothing but pH'd water and maybe calmag if need be.

I got a new tent after my first grow in a 27"x27" which was pretty tight. The new tent is 4x2 and will easily accommodate a third plant, so that one is going to be an LSD-25 from Fastbuds and will get the same treatment as the Megacrop Blue Dream. I am using a double board LED from Kingbrite in China. Two QB88 V2 boards at 3000K.

Here's a look at my tent with the babies soaked in distilled water till they sink and then put into Rapid Rooters and placed on a heat pad under the LED.
4x2tent.jpg

All three have popped and are now under the light which is set to 15K Lux at the plant tip.
seedlings.jpg

The two Blues are on the right and the LSD-25 on the left.

Today, Feb 4th is Day 1. I'm excited to see the outcome.

My first grow was successful with just over 4 oz from one GSC auto and just under that for a Pineapple Express auto.

Welcome aboard. I'm a newb at it, but learning from some of the master growers here. I'm hoping a few of them might check in as well. I can use all the help I can get. Here are my two plants from the last grow:

Pineapple Express auto:
pineapple express.jpg

Girl Scout Cookies Auto:

gsc1.jpg

Attachments

• gsc1.jpg
    gsc1.jpg
    886.9 KB · Views: 230
I moved my light up a bit. Everyone was looking awfully yellow, especially the Blues. I adjusted the intensity to keep it just below 15k. I don’t know if that will make any difference or if anything’s wrong at all. This part is boring. I’ll be glad when the girls are ready to top and start training.

Day 3

Not much to report. The seedlings were looking a bit yellow in the wet Rapid Rooters, so I potted them today. I mixed up one gallon of RO water from Walmart with 1g Mega Crop, 1ml CalMag and 1ml Pro-Tekt and watered in the two plants in ProMix (1 blue dream and the LSD-25). The pH was 7.4, so I had to add a couple of drops of pH down to bring it to 6.6. The Blue in the super soil was potted after wetting the soil with a half gallon of RO water at 6.2 pH as it came. I raised the light to cover more area and turned up the intensity to keep it at 15k lux, measured by my trusty light meter from Amazon.(thanks for turning me on to that one as well Farside). The two blues look a little bit anemic compared to the LSD-25.

From everything I have read, the LSD plant will move pretty fast, so I think for that one I will only LST, so I planted it a bit offset from the center and I will bend it towards the center. The Blues I plan to top and then LST, but we'll have to make that decision when we get closer to 14 days. I want to make sure they are healthy and strong before I do anything like that.

Blue Dream in Pro-Mix
bd mega potted.jpg

Blue Dream in Super Soil:
bd ss potted.jpg

LSD-25 in Pro-Mix:
lsd-25 potted.jpg

Happy Growing!

You should not have to worry about the pH of your nutrient solution in Pro Mix or soil. They are buffered and the medium will handle the rest.

Check out this post.

So, looking at my tent in the first post, does anyone see any reason I shouldn't add my other light? It is a single board Qb288V2 board at 3500K. I don't like the fact that the plants on either side of the middle plant are getting so much less light.

So, looking at my tent in the first post, does anyone see any reason I shouldn't add my other light? It is a single board Qb288V2 board at 3500K. I don't like the fact that the plants on either side of the middle plant are getting so much less light.

So basically 3 boards, end to end? I don't see why not. You have a lux meter, put it to use to find the best balance of light across the space.

Yep, I will do that tomorrow morning when the lights come on. Mo light Mo better right? At least a better distribution of light.

Had a mishap today when my dang APC battery backup/surge protector tripped and apparently the battery backup is dead, so my lights were off for some period of time between 7 am and noon. I pulled it and have ordered a new one. Fortunately, the girls didn't look to be stressed.

So I put the other light in this morning and it made a huge difference. With the one light, there was a 2-3K Lux difference between the center plant and the two on the sides. With the third light, I was able to get the light pretty much consistent across all three. The only difference is the single board is 3500K and the double board is 3000K. Probably not much difference I expect.

2lights.jpg

I think the girls in ProMix will need water and feed tomorrow. The FFOF with supersoil holds water better. I gave all three pots a bit of a soak before I planted the seedlings.

Day 5

Not much of an update. Girls are looking fine and I went ahead and gave the two in Pro Mix 16 oz each of a mix of RO water, 1g/gallon Mega Crop, 1ml/gallon Pro-Tekt, 1ml/gallon CalMag. Blue in FFOF/super soil got 16 oz of RO water that was pH 6.4 (I know I don't need to pH the solutions, but as a beginner, I'm going to at least keep watch.

Blue Dream'matic 1 in Pro Mix:
IMG_0799.jpg

Blue Dream'matic 2 in FFOF/Super Soil:
IMG_0798.jpg

LSD-25 in Pro Mix:

IMG_0800.jpg

That's right in line with what I do. I have a 500ml/16.9oz Mountain Dew bottle I use to feed with when they are babies. When they seem a little dry around the base I give them a bottle poured around the outside edges of the leaves.

Back
Top Bottom