Blue Dream'matic Comparison Auto Grow Super Soil Vs Promix+ With LSD-25 Auto On The Side

Day 9

Tent temps 68 when light off and 75-80 during the day. Humidity is around 50%. I'm trying to increase that. Lights at 25K LUX, 20" above the plants.

I have a bit of a concern today. The Blue Dream in Pro Mix and the LSD-25 in Pro Mix both are a little off. The Blue Dream is having some curling up of the leaves and the LSD has some drooping and a bit of yellow splotches (which showed up after the pic). I don't know if it is a problem or just a variant. The Blue Dream in FFOF with super soil looks fantastic, which leads me to believe I'm doing something wrong in the Pro Mix and Mega Crop girls. They looked dry and the leaf changes were present yesterday evening so I checked with my trusty moisture probe and it looked dry enough to give them a bit of a water and feed. I gave week 2 feed of 2 gr/gallon Megacrop, 1 ml/gallon Pro-Tekt, 1 ml/gallon CalMag. 32 oz each. The probe showed the FFOF was still damp so I left it alone. Today they look about the same. No change so far with the watering and feed. Pics don't show very well, but if you see anything I need to address, let me know. Also, the pics were from last night.

Blue Dream in FFOF and Super Soil looking great:
IMG_0804.jpg

Blue Dream in Pro Mix with some leaf curling:
IMG_0802.jpg

LSD-25 in Pro Mix looking a bit droopy: (Yellow spots showed up about 14 hours later)

IMG_0803.jpg

ok, I'll dial it back and see. 20K ok? I did raise the light a bit as it was down about 16".

And thank you for following along. I've read some of your posts and I'm glad to have someone of your experience checking in!

I did just go back and look at @farside05's Blue Dream'matic grow (I using that grow as a guide) and one of his plants looked just like mine with a little leaf curling at this stage. That plant ended up a monster, so I'm hoping this one will do the same. There is new growth continuing with all three plants, so I'm not too worried. I'll have some new pics this weekend.

Day 12:

The girls are looking good. LSD-25 has a weird shaped leaf or two and a leaf with some variagation but I don't think it is from any deficiency. Blue Dream in Pro Mix also has some weird leaf curling but it hasn't stopped the growth. Blue Dream in FFOF/Super Soil looks great. She got 32 oz of plain water two nights ago and this morning was not yet ready for another drink. The two girls in Pro Mix were dry (man that stuff dries fast!) so they each got 32 oz of week 2 feed. I moved the lights up a bit higher, but I turned the intensity up to 23K LUX. I think they can handle it. Temps are staying at about 65F lights off and 75 when the lights are on.

Here is Blue Dream'matic in FFOF/Super Soil:

IMG_0807.jpg

Blue Dream'matic in Pro Mix (note the leaf curl. I'm not too worried. Should I be?)

IMG_0806.jpg

LSD-25 in Pro Mix: (strange leaf shapes)

IMG_0805.jpg

Anyway, other than what appear to be some phenotypic variants, (I hope that's what they are) they seem to be thriving. I think both Blues will be ready to top towards the end of this coming week. I still plan to just use LST on the LSD.

Thanks for following along and I'm open to any suggestions or questions! \

Happy Growing!

LSD-25 got 48 oz of RO water this morning. She's definitely going a bit slower than the two Blues. The Blue in FFOF still looks a bit better than the one in Pro Mix, but all three plants continue to show new leaf growth. I think both Blues will get topped tomorrow.

I also forgot to mention that my lights are on a 20/4 schedule.

I'll get some pics up tomorrow after the topping if anyone is following.

Day 14:

OK folks, I need some opinions. I don't know how to drive traffic to my journal, but I would love to hear from any experts. Especially pro mix and megacrop experts. My Blue Dream in FFOF/Super soil looks absolutely fantastic. The two girls in ProMix look sad. I think I might be under watering the Pro Mix, but I'm not sure. I know that the FFOF holds water better than the ProMix, but I have watered the pro mix girls a bit more frequently. Anyway, I was going to top the two blues at the 4th node last night and this morning, both of them had grown to the point that I topped the 5th node off. Even though the Blue in Pro mix looks sad, she's still growing quickly so I took the chance to top her. The LSD I always planned to just LST, so she remains untouched other than some pre-bending of her main stalk to get her ready.

The Blue in FFOF got 48 oz of water yesterday and the two in Pro Mix got a half gallon each of week 3 feed today.

Anyone want to suggest why the two in Pro Mix look so pitiful? Bent, curling and malformed leaves.

Blue in FFOF/SS: Looking good!

IMG_0808.jpg

Blue in Pro Mix: Looking a bit sad

IMG_0809.jpg

LSD-25 in Pro Mix: Also looking sad with deformed leaf

IMG_0810.jpg

OK folks, I need some opinions. I don't know how to drive traffic to my journal, but I would love to hear from any experts.
The keys to driving traffic to your site seem to be in posting often. The more times you or another poster hits your thread, the more times it pops up in the new messages screen. The more times people see your thread, with the catchy title, on the list of unread threads, the more likely it is that they will click into it. So I try to post something every day... sometimes twice a day, beginning and end, whether it be current pictures, an observation in relation to the original premise or investigation I am conducting in my journal and the reason for the journal, or just a daily update. I like what you did in your title by offering a comparison between mediums as the premise to your journal, and it is that which drew me in... so as a reader, I want to see observations on that comparison often enough that I want to come back and see where your investigation is going.
Good luck, and even though I don't always stop by long enough to leave a comment, I do try to at least leave a like if you have said something of note and I want to let you know that I have seen it.

Day 14:

OK folks, I need some opinions. I don't know how to drive traffic to my journal, but I would love to hear from any experts. Especially pro mix and megacrop experts. My Blue Dream in FFOF/Super soil looks absolutely fantastic. The two girls in ProMix look sad. I think I might be under watering the Pro Mix, but I'm not sure. I know that the FFOF holds water better than the ProMix, but I have watered the pro mix girls a bit more frequently. Anyway, I was going to top the two blues at the 4th node last night and this morning, both of them had grown to the point that I topped the 5th node off. Even though the Blue in Pro mix looks sad, she's still growing quickly so I took the chance to top her. The LSD I always planned to just LST, so she remains untouched other than some pre-bending of her main stalk to get her ready.

The Blue in FFOF got 48 oz of water yesterday and the two in Pro Mix got a half gallon each of week 3 feed today.

Anyone want to suggest why the two in Pro Mix look so pitiful? Bent, curling and malformed leaves.

Blue in FFOF/SS: Looking good!

IMG_0808.jpg

Blue in Pro Mix: Looking a bit sad

IMG_0809.jpg

LSD-25 in Pro Mix: Also looking sad with deformed leaf

IMG_0810.jpg
@InTheShed grows in Pro Mix w/MC. He’s a good one to have around. @Emilya is the organic super soil, turned MC. Two VERY strong resources to have watching over.

Thanks for that. I am hoping someone will offer an opinion about how my pro mix girls are looking. I thought it was just differences between plants, but I’m starting to think something is wrong. This is my first time using Pro Mix.

Well after a good drink this morning, supplemented with 3 gr./gallon Megacrop, 3 ml/gallon Pro-tekt and CalMag, both of the Pro Mix girls perked way up. They still have some weird leaves, but they're growing . Not quite as green as their FFOF/SS sister, but if I didn't have her to compare, I wouldn't think their color was bad. I'll post some new pics tomorrow.

Day 15:

So yesterday both Blues got topped and today both show no signs of any stress from it. The LSD-25 and the Blue in Pro Mix still look a bit wonky, but they are still growing and putting out new leaves, even if the leaves in the Pro Mix girls are a little lighter green compared to the Blue in FFOF/SS. I'll probably start some training on all three this weekend. That is the part I am the least confident about. I never know which branches to start with. Anyway, here are some pics for your viewing pleasure.

As always, suggestions on the plants, the pics or the journal in general are welcome. Thank you to those of you who have already given input.

Blue Dream in FFOF/Super Soil:

IMG_0816.jpg

Blue Dream in Pro Mix:

IMG_0815.jpg

LSD-25 in Pro Mix:

IMG_0814.jpg

Happy Growing!

Day 15:

So yesterday both Blues got topped and today both show no signs of any stress from it. The LSD-25 and the Blue in Pro Mix still look a bit wonky, but they are still growing and putting out new leaves, even if the leaves in the Pro Mix girls are a little lighter green compared to the Blue in FFOF/SS. I'll probably start some training on all three this weekend. That is the part I am the least confident about. I never know which branches to start with. Anyway, here are some pics for your viewing pleasure.

As always, suggestions on the plants, the pics or the journal in general are welcome. Thank you to those of you who have already given input.

Blue Dream in FFOF/Super Soil:

IMG_0816.jpg

Blue Dream in Pro Mix:

IMG_0815.jpg

LSD-25 in Pro Mix:

IMG_0814.jpg

Happy Growing!
@InTheShed
Any ideas what’s causing the bottom two in Pro Mix to look like this?

How much MC are you feeding per gallon?

@InTheShed
Any ideas what’s causing the bottom two in Pro Mix to look like this?

How much MC are you feeding per gallon?

I wish I knew. I was hoping some Pro Mix and Megacrop users would pipe in. I am using a schedule where I start with 1gr/gallon Megacrop in week 1, then two gr. week 2 and so on until I reach 6 gr and that is the max. I add 1 ml of Pro-Tekt and 1 ml CalMag in week 1 and then go to 2ml and so on and top out at 5 ml of each. I am waiting until the Pro Mix is dry according to my moisture probe that worked great for me in my last soil grow, but maybe I need to water and feed sooner. The LSD plant is just weird. No 3 leaf node, went from one to a weird 4 leaf on one side and deformed 5 leaf on the other side. They are growing well, but look strange.

Sometimes you just get plants with irregular growth as youngin's. Most seem to outgrow it and start putting out regular sets. I'd assume you are at 3-4mg of Mega at this point and probably around 32oz (or on liter for the metric crowd) about every other day. At least through my computer screen, I'm not seeing much to be concerned about. I don't really see anything I would consider irregular growth.

Sometimes you just get plants with irregular growth as youngin's. Most seem to outgrow it and start putting out regular sets. I'd assume you are at 3-4mg of Mega at this point and probably around 32oz (or on liter for the metric crowd) about every other day. At least through my computer screen, I'm not seeing much to be concerned about. I don't really see anything I would consider irregular growth.

I just made the switch to 3 mg Mega. I think you're right about the weird growth. I also think perhaps I'm not watering/feeding often enough. The promix doesn't hold water as long as the soil does. They sure look better today after a good water yesterday. I gave them 64 oz each. Thanks for the reply. I hope your family is doing well. I'm fortunate to have both my parents still, but they're in their 80's and I know they won't be around forever.

Sorry, still catching up after vacation! Looks like farside has been here...

I'm assuming you meant 3-4g of MC/gallon, yes? And why water on a schedule?

Hey Shed,

Thanks for stopping by. Looking at my LSD-25, it is still pretty close to the ground, when should I think about bending her over and tying her down? (Oh, that sounded a bit dirty!)

Not to answer for Farside, but my experience so far is that two days is about how long you can go before the Pro Mix is dried out. In their admittedly short life, each time I have waited three days, it got awfully dry and the girls got pretty wilty looking. But, I'm not on any set schedule. I feel the weight and use a moisture probe that was awfully helpful on my first grow.

Back
Top Bottom