Blue Dream'matic Comparison Auto Grow Super Soil Vs Promix+ With LSD-25 Auto On The Side

Folks, I need your opinion. This LSD-25 plant just looks horrible. All the colas have nothing but dead, brittle leaves coming off them. There is fresh green growth on the interior parts of the plant, but everything exposed to the light is just dead looking. The flowers themselves look ok, they are a dark purple which is typical of this strain, the pistils are mostly retracted, but there are very few amber trichomes. The trichomes haven't changed much in the past week and are mostly cloudy with a few clear and a very few amber. Should I pull this thing down or keep waiting for more amber?

I'm ashamed to even post this, but here are a couple of pics.

IMG_1011.jpg

IMG_1013.jpg

New growth is still happening a bit down low. It seems every bit that gets direct light dies. I have only the one light now and this plant gets less than 30K LUX at the tops, so I don't get this.

IMG_1012.jpg

Pull it? Wait? Throw it away? Make hash with it? I have not had much luck with the ProMix. My strongest plant is also turning yellow where the light hits the leaves on the cola. The only plant that hasn't shown much light/heat stress is the one in FFOF. I'm sure it's my fault, but my first grow using FFOF and Fox Farm nutrients went much easier than this has been. I think the FFOF has more room for error.

My previous grow did that at week 5...i pulled it and made canna butter. But yours are still good for smoke. If not cook it

There was more there than I thought although the buds are not very dense and to cut off the yellow, I was cutting what would have been trichome covered sugar leaves that I would have left on. In addition, there was a fair bit of immature flower that I normally would have removed weeks ago except it was some of the only green leaves on the plant. I figured she needed some photosynthesis happening. Oh well, here's a pic of the LSD-25 harvest, hopefully she'll dry into some smokeable bud.

IMG_1017.jpg

Hanging up in the tent:

IMG_1018.jpg

That yellow is just the light coming in from the window, not the color of the plant. I missed a few fan leaves on some of the newest growth, it was just to flimsy to mess with. This girl has been a disaster from day one, hopefully she'll cure into something decent. My guess is two ounces smokeable bud and then another couple that will go in the bubble bags when I have enough.

The other two are getting close and should have quite a bit more mature bud. One seems closer than the other, which will complicate my drying. I'll have to rig a second level in the dry tent. Maybe I'll get lucky and they'll finish together. They are very different pheno's and have a very different bud structure, so we'll see.

Thanks for following along!

Another one bites the dust. Blue Dream'matic in FFOF ended up being the nicest plant. It wasn't bothered by whatever bothered the two in Megacrop, whether it was heat, light or whatever. I saw some amber today. Not anything like 20%, but everything else is pretty much milky and the plant just had an over all look of being done. I can't explain it, but it just looked ready. These buds were very fat and very dense. I think I'm going to get at least 4 oz from this plant. I kinda hope it's a bit more. So these go into my 27"x27" dry tent. It was keeping at 70F and 50% humidity. This will probably raise it, but I think it will be ok, I have a 4" inline fan that sucks air out for 5 minutes every half hour.

Anyway, pics:

trichs420.jpg

trichs420-2.jpg

Plant before chopping:

IMG_1023.jpg

First half of the harvest:

IMG_1025.jpg

Half a plant:

IMG_1026.jpg

Rest of the harvest:

IMG_1027.jpg

Dry tent is getting full:

IMG_1028.jpg

One left to go. Happy growing everyone!

Thank you! Your plant that you just switched to 12/12 looks like it's going to be a beauty!

I hope so! Shes had more time to build roots so i hope buds are more dense this go.

Folks, I have a new issue. My plants are drying too fast. I have them in a dark grow tent that gas an inline fan sucking air out for 5 minutes every half hour only. Five days in, the LSD buds are crispy on the outside and the thinnest stems are nowhere near brittle. This happened last time but I had air moving continuously. Tent is a constant 70F and 50-55% RH. What am I doing wrong? I would like it to take longer and for the buds to not end up crispy and have to ADD hydration in the jars when I put them there.

I would bet that although the outside of your buds appear to be crispy, that the inner cores still have plenty of moisture. Take a small sample of your product and put it in a sealed jar to check its current RH... I bet you still have some drying left to do. Dry to the point that the stems snap when they bend but do not break...

My concern is that the last time this is exactly how my buds felt and when I put them in jars with hygrometers, they were around 50% and I had to add some fan leaves and two boveda packs per quart mason jar to bring the RH up to 60% and it took a couple of weeks to get there. I'll try to remove a couple of buds and put them in a smaller mason jar and see what the RH is. In the end, my last harvest ended up fine, I just don't like how dried pistils and sugar leaves just crunch like rice crispies and fall off.

This is only my second time doing this, so I'm sure I'm just worrying too much. I sure wish I knew someone locally who grows, I know it's impossible to diagnose someones problem from descriptions on the internet. I'm seeing the few patients who aren't afraid to venture out this morning and then I'll jar up a few buds when I get home.

Thank you for chiming in. I always appreciate your help!

My concern is that the last time this is exactly how my buds felt and when I put them in jars with hygrometers, they were around 50% and I had to add some fan leaves and two boveda packs per quart mason jar to bring the RH up to 60% and it took a couple of weeks to get there. I'll try to remove a couple of buds and put them in a smaller mason jar and see what the RH is. In the end, my last harvest ended up fine, I just don't like how dried pistils and sugar leaves just crunch like rice crispies and fall off.

This is only my second time doing this, so I'm sure I'm just worrying too much. I sure wish I knew someone locally who grows, I know it's impossible to diagnose someones problem from descriptions on the internet. I'm seeing the few patients who aren't afraid to venture out this morning and then I'll jar up a few buds when I get home.

Thank you for chiming in. I always appreciate your help!

To my understanding, from reading and talking to others, the outside of the buds do get dry and crispy but I dont think that's anything to worry about. Keep it in the tent for another couple days at those conditions and you should be good to jar. Also, if you have a fan in there just dont point it directly at the buds, although I dont think this is applicable to you.

Well I cut off about a quarter ounce of what felt like very dry buds and put them in a small mason jar a couple of hours ago with a hygrometer. Too early to look, but I'll check in a few hours. That plant had buds that were not very dense at all, so maybe that's why it dried so fast. There is no fan blowing on them. Just a 4" hose sucking air via an inline fan outside of the tent. Both of the Blue's have buds that are much more dense. I don't think they'll have this issue. At least I hope not.

Well I cut off about a quarter ounce of what felt like very dry buds and put them in a small mason jar a couple of hours ago with a hygrometer. Too early to look, but I'll check in a few hours. That plant had buds that were not very dense at all, so maybe that's why it dried so fast. There is no fan blowing on them. Just a 4" hose sucking air via an inline fan outside of the tent. Both of the Blue's have buds that are much more dense. I don't think they'll have this issue. At least I hope not.
Mine were not dense and yes they dried faster than dense buds...or so i hear...ive never had dense buds...yet :laugh:

Jar this morning was at 63%, so I think I need to jar up the rest of that plant when I get home from work this morning. It was just so light and fluffy that it dried out quickly. I certainly hope the other plants dry a bit more slowly.

So, I jumped on it early and got it mostly jarred up. What crap this plant was. The very best buds are about the equivalent of what I threw in the hash pile from the last grow. I have two quart jars mostly full of fluffy buds that I'm going to try and cure into something smokeable. I have three quart jars of hash material. I really want to try this strain again with FFOF/MC and a taller tent. I found my temp probe wasn't really off, but that from one side of the tent to the other, there was up to an 8-10 F difference. The Gorilla tent I'm looking at is nearly two feet taller than what I have. That should let heat rise.

Question all: The last Blue is nearing 12 weeks and still shows very little amber. Almost all the leaves are yellow now and I am wondering if I should go ahead and put her into 36 hours of dark to see if that will cause the trichomes to mature. I know @farside05 waited for 20% amber on this strain, but I don't know if I've seen any change over the last week and a half or so.

Opinions?

Is it still pushing new pistils?
No, they are mostly retracted. It is throwing a foxtail here or there, but not really any significant increase. The calyces on this plant are huge and swollen and have been for the past few weeks.

This was 14 days ago, all those white pistils are brown and curled in now and all those green leaves have turned yellow:

IMG_1008.jpg

OK, so that was stupid of me to put a two week old pic up, so just in case @Emilya or anyone else didn't notice that was a two week old pic, I went up and took a current pic of the plant and at least under the LED lights, it looks awfully done. Do these two pics change opinions?

IMG_1035.jpg

flower:

IMG_1036.jpg

??

Back
Top Bottom