Blue Dream'matic Comparison Auto Grow Super Soil Vs Promix+ With LSD-25 Auto On The Side

Checked again this morning for amber. One or two here and there, but nothing significant. I'll feed this morning and look again tomorrow at lunch.
The plant drying in the tent which is still right at 70F and 50%RH, is feeling crispy. I don't know why, but each plant I have done seems to be that the buds are dry or even past dry (had to be put in jars with fan leaves to get the RH up from 50%), but I never find the smallest stems to snap. I think if I waited for that, I'd have buds so dry I wouldn't be able to get them back into the cure range. So, right or wrong, I'm going to pull her out and do a final trim and get them in jars with Boveda packs today. That makes a 6 day dry which is still faster than I would think is optimum, but my last harvest has cured nicely, so I'm going to go for it.

Oh my aching back! I just sat and dry trimmed and put up in jars the Blue Dream'matic that was grown in FFOF. I didn't weigh, but I filled 6 quart mason jars full of good, smokeable buds and two full quart jars with less dense buds that I'll use for bubble hash or edibles for the wife. It's going to be nearly 8 oz in total, but after it cures for a bit I'll dump it all back out and weigh it. It was definitely ready to jar, the hygrometer from the jar I did this morning is reading 65%, so it didn't get too dry, but I don't think that number is going to climb too much overnight, but we'll see in the morning.

Oh my aching back! I just sat and dry trimmed and put up in jars the Blue Dream'matic that was grown in FFOF. I didn't weigh, but I filled 6 quart mason jars full of good, smokeable buds and two full quart jars with less dense buds that I'll use for bubble hash or edibles for the wife. It's going to be nearly 8 oz in total, but after it cures for a bit I'll dump it all back out and weigh it. It was definitely ready to jar, the hygrometer from the jar I did this morning is reading 65%, so it didn't get too dry, but I don't think that number is going to climb too much overnight, but we'll see in the morning.
:goodjob:

OK, so Blue Dream'matic in FFOF/Super soil that was fed Megacrop during flower. The buds in the jar are running around 68%, so it will still lose a gram or two of moisture, so close enough, here are her final stats:

This was all I could fit of the best buds into this tub, so the measurement will be both the first two pics which add up to 166G which is just under 6oz:

IMG_1041.jpg

IMG_1045.jpg

Pic of a typical bud from this plant:

IMG_1044.jpg

In addition to the best buds, there is another 43g of fluffy bud that will go to edibles and hash:

IMG_1046.jpg

and even these buds are mostly all better than what came off the LSD plant:

IMG_1047.jpg

So, in total for this plant, we have 209g so about 7.5 oz! Not too unhappy with that.

Second Blue Dream is now experiencing 48 hrs of darkness and will be harvested tomorrow.

Thanks for following along!

Happy Growing!

Anyone still watching? Last plant goes down: Blue Dream'matic in Promix with Megacrop. I've never seen flowers this dense. It feels like a succulent plant. Completely different phenotype from the same strain just above this post. Comments??

IMG_1048.jpg

IMG_1049.jpg

IMG_1050.jpg

IMG_1051.jpg

IMG_1052.jpg

Happy Growing!

Sweet baby ray that's a big girl nug Hell yeah brother

Thank you sir! How are you liking that tent? Is it the lite line or the regular? I need height in my setup and that's the way I'm going to go. I think it will relieve my heat problems.

Thank you sir! How are you liking that tent? Is it the lite line or the regular? I need height in my setup and that's the way I'm going to go. I think it will relieve my heat problems.
It's got an extension to bring it up higher that comes with it ,, it's honestly really good and has quility zippers don't get a tent with cheap zippers

Nice harvest! Bud looks deadly!

Little too late now but i also had trichs that were not turning amber....and because alot of foxtails all over my buds i wasnt able to look past the foxtails and into the more mature trichs. I went from cloudy and some amber and cloudy and clear....I cut a bud in half and looked in the 'middle' and indeed ambers were seen.
Maybe im off my rocker with this theory but im sticking with it

Nice harvest! Bud looks deadly!

Little too late now but i also had trichs that were not turning amber....and because alot of foxtails all over my buds i wasnt able to look past the foxtails and into the more mature trichs. I went from cloudy and some amber and cloudy and clear....I cut a bud in half and looked in the 'middle' and indeed ambers were seen.
Maybe im off my rocker with this theory but im sticking with it

Yeah, I was running out of patience and there were hardly any green leaves left, so when I finally saw a few ambers and hardly any clear left, I decided to put her in the dark for 48 hours and then chop her down.

Great looking harvests Rick! Fluffy buds may dry faster than the stems (which will still contain moisture) so bud density plays a big role in drying time in the tent. And it's always better to take them down early and get them in jars at 68% then let them get down to 50% and try to rehydrate them up (not what Bovedas are designed to do...use an apple or orange wedge).

If I had buds as fat as the last BD I would have lost half the plant to rot! Well done :thumb:

Great looking harvests Rick! Fluffy buds may dry faster than the stems (which will still contain moisture) so bud density plays a big role in drying time in the tent. And it's always better to take them down early and get them in jars at 68% then let them get down to 50% and try to rehydrate them up (not what Bovedas are designed to do...use an apple or orange wedge).

If I had buds as fat as the last BD I would have lost half the plant to rot! Well done :thumb:

Thank you! I figure this last one will take longer to dry. The dry tent is staying at about 70F and 48-50 RH, so hopefully no mold will show up.

Well that LSD-25 plant ended up with about 3 oz of sort of smokeable bud and two and a half ounces of stuff I'll make hash or maybe tincture with. It doesn't have a very nice terpene smell yet. I'm hoping curing will bring some out.

However! I did make a joint out of some this morning and two observations:

1. I am a cougher. Seriously, I cough with cannabis so much it is really difficult for me to get medicated and edibles do nothing for me, but even though this only has a week and a half in the jars, I was able to control the coughing more easily with this stuff which is the opposite of what I expected.

2. It's really strong! Kicked my ass this morning when I started the day with half a joint.

I'm definitely going to have to give this strain another try and see if I can grow a nicer plant. So, two of the three plants have given me a bit more than 13 oz and there is still one to finish drying. I'll surely have well over a pound from the three plants. Not too bad for my second grow, even though it wasn't always pretty.

Last plant in the jars and I really screwed up the drying on this one. This plant was the densest and so I let it go 8 days in a carefully climate controlled tent that was maintained at 70F and 50% Rh. Those are the conditions I read are about perfect and after a day in the jars it is a crispy 50-52%. The buds were hard to handle they got so crispy. I had checked the night before and they still felt spongy, but went to crispy very quickly. I didn't weigh, but filled 8 quart mason jars full. I just hope the stuff cures into something decent. My Blue Dream that was grown in soil may be the only decent plant from this grow.

AND, none of the smallest stems would snap. I don't have a lot of experience, but I have never had a plant get dry enough for the smallest stems to snap. I have had overdrying problems before though. I think that commonly given advice needs to go on the scrapheap of worthless bro science.

Now I need to try and quickly get some boveda packs as quickly as possible. I wonder if any place local would have them?

Last plant in the jars and I really screwed up the drying on this one. This plant was the densest and so I let it go 8 days in a carefully climate controlled tent that was maintained at 70F and 50% Rh. Those are the conditions I read are about perfect and after a day in the jars it is a crispy 50-52%. The buds were hard to handle they got so crispy. I had checked the night before and they still felt spongy, but went to crispy very quickly. I didn't weigh, but filled 8 quart mason jars full. I just hope the stuff cures into something decent. My Blue Dream that was grown in soil may be the only decent plant from this grow.

AND, none of the smallest stems would snap. I don't have a lot of experience, but I have never had a plant get dry enough for the smallest stems to snap. I have had overdrying problems before though. I think that commonly given advice needs to go on the scrapheap of worthless bro science.

Now I need to try and quickly get some boveda packs as quickly as possible. I wonder if any place local would have them?

You got some weight!

Amazon is a quick order away for the boveda packs. Got them pretty quick and cheaper than local stores.

Did you try any of the bluedream? Was it still pretty dense? Im considering the light you have...but going to see how my photo does this grow. My autos have not been dense at all and im wondering if its because they didnt have enough roots before flowering

You got some weight!

Amazon is a quick order away for the boveda packs. Got them pretty quick and cheaper than local stores.

Did you try any of the bluedream? Was it still pretty dense? Im considering the light you have...but going to see how my photo does this grow. My autos have not been dense at all and im wondering if its because they didnt have enough roots before flowering

The two blue dream plants are very different. The one grown in soil had very typical buds and lot of it. That plant was about 6 oz (+ nearly two more for hash) worth and the buds were dense but not rock hard like the other. The Blue Dream in promix was different. The calyces were just massive and as it dried, they pulled back a bit, but it still looks like no cannabis I've ever seen before. I haven't tried it yet, but I did try some of the first Blue Dream and it was very nice, but not quite a strong as the GSC and Pineapple Express I grew last time. Hopefully as it cures, that might get a bit more potent. I really might just turn the LSD plant and the Blue Dream from pro mix into bubble hash since the actual plant material is so weird on both of them. They do have lots of trichomes though.

My light has me concerned. I'm sure it's fine, but I'm looking at everything to try and surmise why two of my plants were so messed up. It really looked like light/heat stress, but while the tent was low and temps were variable from one side of the tent to the other, the LSD plant started going bad when it was on the cooler side and I measured with a lux meter and my lux values were not excessive. I have so much more bud than I need at the moment, but once I turn a bunch of it into kief or hash, I'll probably start another grow with that light and the taller tent that should be here Friday. I'm getting a gorilla tent that is 6'11" and it comes with a free 1 foot extension. My current tent is only 5' even, so temps should be good and I'm going back to using only FFOF. Every plant I've had in Fox Farms soil has been a success. The two I had in ProMix were problematic. I think what I will find is that if I grow a couple of plants in FFOF using Megacrop to feed and that light with the taller tent and it will be fine.

The reason for the ProMix problems likely come down to me being a beginner and not being able to identify problems as quickly as others might. It is why I would never ever recommend a beginning trying hydro or DWC or even Coco Coir. With the soil, it has nutrients in it already and I think the soil acts as a buffer to help soften the blow of beginner mistakes.

I'm over 60 years old and I don't have the time or patience to use media that are going to make it more difficult. Those media have the potential for greater yields, but I think it requires expertise that I might not ever have. Same with the auto flower plants. I bought some photo seeds initially and I don't know if I'll ever use them because I can grow an auto in 3 months and get 4-8 oz from a single plant. Why do I need to add potential problems with light schedules/leaks that can turn your plant into a hermie or make it reveg?

My final thought is that I LOVE Fastbuds genetics. I've made lots of mistakes along the way, but the Fastbuds plants have still rewarded me.

Back
Top Bottom