Blue Dream'matic Comparison Auto Grow Super Soil Vs Promix+ With LSD-25 Auto On The Side

Just in case anyone is still subbed to this page, I'm going to start a new journal as soon as my seeds break out of their rapid rooters. I'm using all FFOF with Megacrop only, apart from maybe a bit of calmag if I need to. I'm growing a Fastbuds original OG Kush, a Seedsmans Amnesia auto and a Fastbuds CBD 20:1. I got a much taller tent to help with heat and I moved my grow light LED driver outside the tent, but with the light on low and the room at 72F it still got to 80F in the tent. My tent is nearly 7 feet tall! We'll see if I can control the heat on this grow. I'll have to think of a catchy name and I'll edit this post when I do. So happy to be growing again! I love growing it almost as much as consuming it!

Just in case anyone is still subbed to this page, I'm going to start a new journal as soon as my seeds break out of their rapid rooters. I'm using all FFOF with Megacrop only, apart from maybe a bit of calmag if I need to. I'm growing a Fastbuds original OG Kush, a Seedsmans Amnesia auto and a Fastbuds CBD 20:1. I got a much taller tent to help with heat and I moved my grow light LED driver outside the tent, but with the light on low and the room at 72F it still got to 80F in the tent. My tent is nearly 7 feet tall! We'll see if I can control the heat on this grow. I'll have to think of a catchy name and I'll edit this post when I do. So happy to be growing again! I love growing it almost as much as consuming it!
you should put the links to your journal in your signature. This will allow everyone to follow you :thumb:

:goodjob:
IMG_1048.jpg

IMG_1049.jpg

IMG_1050.jpg

IMG_1051.jpg

IMG_1052.jpg

i guess im late to the party, but dumnnnn that looks gooooooooooooood

i guess im late to the party, but dumnnnn that looks gooooooooooooood
Thank you! I can’t get into the smell of this plant after it dried. It’s kinda weird. But it does the job. If I can ever get my seeds to germinate, I’ll be starting another journal.

Thank you! I can’t get into the smell of this plant after it dried. It’s kinda weird. But it does the job. If I can ever get my seeds to germinate, I’ll be starting another journal.
Does it smell like not much? Until you bust it up?

doing less is more. what was that advertisment called that the guy said " You set it and forget it"

Does it smell like not much? Until you bust it up?
No, it just has a weird smell that I don't smell in the other Blue Dream'matic. Not a smell like something is bad, but just weird. Then again, I have the worst sense of smell in the world.

Wow, Rickster, this was a great thread! For some reason I started reading it when you began but then stopped (didn't hit the "watch" button).

So this thread was my Friday morning read, from page 2 to the end. It was very interesting and I wish I had been around to weigh in during various stages of the grow. I've gone through some of the same things you described.

I love the way you stayed engaged and tried to find the root of the problems you were having. And I love the fact that you were richly rewarded (IMO) for your efforts.

I will not fall behind on your current journal! :Rasta:

Wow, Rickster, this was a great thread! For some reason I started reading it when you began but then stopped (didn't hit the "watch" button).

So this thread was my Friday morning read, from page 2 to the end. It was very interesting and I wish I had been around to weigh in during various stages of the grow. I've gone through some of the same things you described.

I love the way you stayed engaged and tried to find the root of the problems you were having. And I love the fact that you were richly rewarded (IMO) for your efforts.

I will not fall behind on your current journal! :Rasta:

Thank you sir. What a nice post. I really appreciate that. I do think looking back, that temp/humidity was the main problem I had on this grow. Lots of things were postulated and tried as you know, but looking at the plants and learning more, I really think heat stress was the issue. On my new grow I am using a humidifier in the tent. I was afraid it would be too much, but it seems perfect and the plants have responded to it.
Cheers!

Thank you sir. What a nice post. I really appreciate that. I do think looking back, that temp/humidity was the main problem I had on this grow. Lots of things were postulated and tried as you know, but looking at the plants and learning more, I really think heat stress was the issue. On my new grow I am using a humidifier in the tent. I was afraid it would be too much, but it seems perfect and the plants have responded to it.
Cheers!
I agree with you. I think heat and low humidity was my boogeymen too. I haven't had this issue in my fall/spring/winter grows. Temps in the tent probably averaged about 88 during this grow and I believe the plants took it for as long as they could and then started crashing.

The good news, though my plant (a Tangerine Dream photo) looked like crap at the end it still produced nice buds! :Rasta:

Day 32 from seed:

Everyone is looking better now. Both girls in Pro Mix are getting full strength feed at this point which is 6g MC/5ml ProTekt/5ml CalMag per gallon. They are both looking greener as can be seen in the natural light photos. Blue Dream'matic in Super Soil getting RO water with 1ml organic cal mag (different from the botanicare calmag that the others are getting) and she is showing lots of bud sites starting up. The Blue in ProMix doesn't have quite as many sites, but the top ones are starting to show some early trichomes which neither of the other two are. LSD-25 is almost as tall as the others now and has some of the side branches starting to reach the level of the LST'd main cola.

Blue Dream'matic in Super Soil:

IMG_0899.jpg

LSD-25 in ProMix: I cut off all the leaves that were showing a cal/mag deficiency. Now I can see if I got it under control. She's a little droopy but she just got a drink so she'll perk up in an hour or two.

IMG_0895.jpg

Blue Dream'matic in ProMix:

IMG_0896.jpg

Early trichomes showing on her:

IMG_0897.jpg

Same plant/flower under the LED lights:

IMG_0901.jpg

Happy growing everyone!
Your Blue Dreamatic is further ahead than mine at 30 ish days. Looking back, were you happy with 6gr MC at this stage?

Your Blue Dreamatic is further ahead than mine at 30 ish days. Looking back, were you happy with 6gr MC at this stage?

I think it was right for that plant. I have a couple of plants in my current grow that I'm not up to 6g/gallon yet and they are bigger and bushier. I've been more watching the plant and adjusting by color. I do think I got a bit behind the needs of the OG in my new grow because it started to show a deficiency, but it is very slight and I'll push it's MC up to 5.25 next time. I think all plants are different. The blue dream'matics definitely wanted the feed.

I think it was right for that plant. I have a couple of plants in my current grow that I'm not up to 6g/gallon yet and they are bigger and bushier. I've been more watching the plant and adjusting by color. I do think I got a bit behind the needs of the OG in my new grow because it started to show a deficiency, but it is very slight and I'll push it's MC up to 5.25 next time. I think all plants are different. The blue dream'matics definitely wanted the feed.
Cool. I'm pushing mine...perhaps too much at 4g MC right now. The day of watering and next I see the burn start a bit, but by day 3 and 4 before the next water they look great.

As long as you react to what the plant shows you, you should be fine. I'm still learning to read the plants. I misread the heat stress on this one and went down every wrong path because I didn't know about or understand the vpd stuff.

Back
Top Bottom