Blue Himalayan Diesel Grow - Plant Stunted?/Growth Stopped?/Flowering? Help!

citroen2cv

Hey all! First off id like state that im new to the forums, and i find it really awesome that there are so many people on these forums giving helpful advice:Namaste:

- Im growing Blue Himalayan Diesel (Short Stuff Auto) in a 6ft tall x 4ft wide grow tent.
- 250w HPS throughout the grow (i had a MH 250 for veggin, but for some reason my ballast turns it off at random hours)
- Good ventilation, intake/exhaust fan
- PH is good
- No nutes used at the moment (waiting for my FoxFarm pack to arrive)
- Water roughly every 2-3 days.

Now heres the dilemma!
I am now roughly 3.5 weeks into veg, and have not seen any considerable plant growth, nor do the look the part for 3 weeks. Visually, plant leaves look healthy and green. Its first set of leaves are slightly yellowing (im guessing because of the bigger leaves blocking it from light) There just not shooting up!
ALSO!
about 3 days ago I noticed what seems to look like pistils forming!?(See Photos)
Should I flower them? Should I just wait? All advice/knowledge greatly appreciated!
[EDIT: forgot to mention that this is my first autoflower grow, so im not too knowledgeable on this type of plant]

photo-3111.JPG
photo-303.JPG

if its an auto it flowers by its self so dont worry about the pistols, for the stunted growth have you transplanted or done anything that would agitate the plant?

yes i transplanted 2 days ago. Transplanted to a bigger pot thinking the growth issue would be resolved. hopefully it didnt agitate the root growth even more. Im really stumped though.
Maybe with nutes it will take off? But regardless, it should be a lot taller given its environment and time.

Yea I agree but some strains grow differently, look up what your breeder says about the plant. Like whatever company its from I.E. barney's farm, dna genetics. And when you transplant it takes time for the plant to get back on track cause you put it in shock. It's like if you had a job and out of no where moved to a new one you need to get to know the job before you can really function, its the same for a plant give it a couple of days. But nutes wont help speed up the process I am stumped for the stunted growth maybe you should ask whoever at your gardening store.

I had a issue similar to yours but they weren't auto's or start forming pistols. I figured out it was a temperature problem, the room wasn't getting as warm as the rest of the house once I started keeping the door shut full time. the room was near 60 (F)while the rest of house was 70-72 F. I added a electric heater in my grow box and then they took off.

Thanks for the replies guys! The temp. in my grow room is perfect. Im really bummed out though, havent seen any growth. They are about 5-6 inches tall. Is it possible they are in a "slow" period and will abruptly shoot up? As ive heard, this could happen?
:hmmmm:

Yea, I hear you there! Should have done more thorough research! I thought i would give the Auto's a try. So far one of them never sprouted (Barneys Green-o-matic), and Short Stuff Blue Himalaya Diesel turns out to be 5 inches tall and unresponsive. :icon_roll

heres a photo 3 days later...
photo-325.JPG

Okay. So, my B.H.D is just not growing any bigger. Its just been flowering the past 6 days.
What can cause a plant to stop growing and just induce flowering? Im not asking what I did wrong necessarily, but what can cause this to happen? super bummed out, but growing is learning right?! next time ill forget about buying autos...

Okay. So, my B.H.D is just not growing any bigger. Its just been flowering the past 6 days.
What can cause a plant to stop growing and just induce flowering? Im not asking what I did wrong necessarily, but what can cause this to happen? super bummed out, but growing is learning right?! next time ill forget about buying autos...

Don't blame the autos! I've been growing strictly autos for a little over 3 years, whoever said growing autos was easy and good for begineers should have their head checked. With autos one needs to realize everything speeds up veg cycle may last only 3 weeks so any amount of stress to your plant can ruin a grow.

Now to your question: There could be multiple reasons for the slow growth - if you transplant you may see a delay of growth for up to 2 weeks, some autos never recover. Light cycle, you wanna give your auto all you got so it's best to run your light cycle at 24/0 for at least the 1st 4 weeks, then it can be dropped to 20/4 during flowering stage, Autos thrive using hps for the entire grow, and like warmer temps about 80 degrees. Nute burn, I notice this in your pics also adds stress and stunts growth. I usually go the entire grow without adding nutes.

I've suffered through many dissappointments when I 1st started growing autos but now I love them! I grow 6 plants at a time yielding about 50g dry wt per plant, plus I have 5-6 harvests a year and the smoke is awesome! Life is good!

Stoma, wouldn't you get better yeilds if you added like 200ppm of nutes every other watering, or every 4th watering? No nutes seems like you are cutting yourself short on yeild. They burn easy, but 200ppm shouldn't burn them.

I imagine, like me you have a 6 plant limit, and 24 plant limit under 1 foot.

So, why not try this. Plant 6 seeds. A month later, plant six more seeds, so that by the time the first 6 seeds are ready for harvest, the second 6 seeds are 1m in veg, should be under 1 foot. Then after you harvest first set, plant 3rd set of seeds. This way you are harvesting 6 plants every month. 300 grams a month. 10 ounces a month is better than every two months.

If you get another paitent, that gives you 3 more plants for you, and 3 for them.

Now you have a pound a month.

Good info! Inspiring to say the least :tokin:

with every grow i "grow" and learn more! Not going to give up on autos but for the next one ill be doing some regular seeds.
Need more experience under my belt.

Ill post some pics of my dwarfed plant if anyones interested of the final product...its flowering pretty well now, maybe ill get an oz? no more like 2 grams...lol:yikes:

Back
Top Bottom