Blue Kush Autoflower & Think Different Auto - LED - Organic

GreenGod4You

Hi Everyone,

This is the first time I post here or anywhere.

I have been growing for 5 years, so I consider myself quite experienced in the field. I have grown in all types of setups ranging from DWC to soil.

Today I want to share with you a project that started roughly 10 days ago but first the current setup:

Strains:
1x Think Different Autoflower from Dutch Passion
1x Blue Kush Autoflower from Dinafem

2x 27.5 liter smartpots
Biobizz All-mix soil
Biobizz nutes: Grow, Bloom, Topmax, Rootjuice and Bioheaven
Booster: Green Pai-Pai PK 50/30 (Organic)

Tent 100x100x200 cm

Light: Budmaster 2 G.O.D 300w edition

The babies popped out of the soil on the 21st of January and are currently coming along nicely.

I will SCROG these babies when they get to around 30 cm and try to even out the canopy, on autos I don't FIM or top, however I remove the first set of branches that come out from the single finger leaves as I have noticed it improves my yield and removes all popcorns.

This is the first time I SCROG autoflowers so please follow if you are interested in this journey. :)

Will update with some pictures later on.

Happy growing. :thanks:

Edit:
Blue Kush Auto - 10 days from germ:
foto_no_exif15.jpg

Think Different Auto - 10 days from germ:
foto_no_exif14.jpg

re: Blue Kush Autoflower & Think Different Auto - LED - Organic

Quick update how I setup for week 1:

Before seeds sprouted (48h) I soak the pots and soil with about 2l water per pot (27.5liters so a little under 10% volume) with 4 ml root juice per liter and 2ml bioheaven per liter. This is so that the active culture in the soil gets started for when the seedlings are ready to jump in. I have found this makes the initial growth slightly faster.

I have tried light mix and all-mix and I find all-mix better when done this way. The only time I have had problems is when I water the dry soil with the seeds in it already as I have noticed this makes the soil pretty hot.

I have only watered twice in 10 days and will probably wait another day or 2 before next watering(then with 1ml grow/l + 2ml/l Bioheaven), I like the soil fairly dried up upon watering so it gets a lot of oxygen in there.

Stay tuned for the next update and please comment or feedback what you think.

Cheers!

Quick update how I setup for week 1:

Before seeds sprouted (48h) I soak the pots and soil with about 2l water per pot (27.5liters so a little under 10% volume) with 4 ml root juice per liter and 2ml bioheaven per liter. This is so that the active culture in the soil gets started for when the seedlings are ready to jump in. I have found this makes the initial growth slightly faster.

I have tried light mix and all-mix and I find all-mix better when done this way. The only time I have had problems is when I water the dry soil with the seeds in it already as I have noticed this makes the soil pretty hot.

I have only watered twice in 10 days and will probably wait another day or 2 before next watering(then with 1ml grow/l + 2ml/l Bioheaven), I like the soil fairly dried up upon watering so it gets a lot of oxygen in there.

Stay tuned for the next update and please comment or feedback what you think.

Cheers!
Great plan . Subbed to see how it goes

Great plan . Subbed to see how it goes

Thanks man! I'm excited to see how this ends up.

A short update is that I received my SCROG net today (I was lazy and bought one on amazon). It has the right dimensions, However it only has 5x5 quite large openings, anyone believes this might be a problem?

I figured that it could be helpful since they are autos and wouldn't have time to fill out a lot of smaller holes. We will see how it goes. :thumb:

Will update with some pictures tomorrow.

Hi Everyone,

This is the first time I post here or anywhere.
I have been growing for 5 years, so I consider myself quite experienced in the field. I have grown in all types of setups ranging from DWC to soil.
Today I want to share with you a project that started roughly 10 days ago but first the current setup:

Strains:
1x Think Different Autoflower from Dutch Passion
1x Blue Kush Autoflower from Dinafem

2x 27.5 liter smartpots
Biobizz All-mix soil
Biobizz nutes: Grow, Bloom, Topmax, Rootjuice and Bioheaven
Booster: Green Pai-Pai PK 50/30 (Organic)

Howzit GG4Y - Welcome to 420 dude.

I'm new here too, but unlike you I'm a noob grower - I harvested my first ever grow a few weeks ago and I've got a few Dutch Passion girls going for my second - they are just over a month old. They are beasts compared to my first grow. Learned so much here.

We are using the same basics so I'm definitely along for the ride. :surf: Hoping to see how you get the best out of that Biobizz range. Would love to have you pop over to mine to make sure I'm on the right track. It won't be long before you have a nice group following along here to see you SCROG autos, I'm considering doing it with current grow but need guidance.

All the best with your girls dude.

I've copied and pasted this :nomo: - like the idea of activating the soil ready for the sprouts and will use in my next grow. Good start dude.

Update day 14 (?) - I think it is exactly 14 days since the first seed broke open, about 9 - 10 days above soil.

Anyways, things are going fine, I live in a subtropical region of earth and unfortunately our houses are made to not hold any warmth due to the lengthy hot summers here. At the time of writing I only achieve about 19 C in the tent but I usually run the heat later on in the day and bump it up to about 23 degrees, only about 2 - 3 more weeks of cold so the temperature should correct itself soon, however I do notice slower than usual growth but it should be ok.

Think Different day 14 since germ:

foto_no_exif21.jpg

Blue Kush day 14 since germ:

foto_no_exif16.jpg

Overview of the space and ladies (small pots around the girls are my Pitaya seedlings (dragon fruit). Popped them about 1 month ago and small cacti starting to appear. They love the light of the Budmaster 2!

foto_no_exif17.jpg

Anyways folks, not much to say, will update with more pictures in a few days or so when things take off. :)

Hi everyone,

Just a quick update on day 14 - 15 above soil, about 18 days since germ.

I always cut the first branches off from auto flowering plants. I have noticed that if you cut the tops off as soon as they poke out there is no loss in growth (barely). I do this to completely remove future popcorns, the plants usually grow more evenly as well and it definitely yields more and nicer nugs in my opinion.

This is where I make the cut (I burn the top of a sharp knife then just remove the tops):
foto_no_exif22.jpg

Here's how the babies looks like now, not much has happened in 4 days since the last post, but it's growing! :cheer:

Blue Kush:
foto_no_exif18.jpg

Think Different (Growing a little bit shorter and more compact than BK):
foto_no_exif19.jpg

That's it folks, if you want to provide feedback or leave a comment that is always appreciated. Will try to make another update this weekend. :Namaste:

Hi everyone,

Just a quick update on day 14 - 15 above soil, about 18 days since germ.

I always cut the first branches off from auto flowering plants. I have noticed that if you cut the tops off as soon as they poke out there is no loss in growth (barely). I do this to completely remove future popcorns, the plants usually grow more evenly as well and it definitely yields more and nicer nugs in my opinion.

This is where I make the cut (I burn the top of a sharp knife then just remove the tops):
foto_no_exif22.jpg

Howzit GG4U - this is interesting - is it possible for you to edit this photo? draw a line along the cut you made (MS Paint does a good job)The idea of no popcorn allows them to put more effort into the main buds right?

You'll soon have a few more people following along dude - once you have a few more pages, people start noticing. Also I see you popped round to my journal - thanks dude. Although I was already following you anyway (because you got good experience with Biobizz), you now move up a category - It seems people pay more attention to your journal if you are following theirs. Only natural I guess.

Your girls are gonna explode in a few weeks.

I'm on board for this one. I'm waiting on my think different autos to come in. Never done an auto before. But I always scrog. Interested to see how it plays out with your grow.

Howzit GG4U - this is interesting - is it possible for you to edit this photo? draw a line along the cut you made (MS Paint does a good job)The idea of no popcorn allows them to put more effort into the main buds right?

Hey man of course!

- What you want to do is to drag the knife where the arrow is pointing so you don't hurt the main stem. This is very early in the plants life so it's easy to hurt it, be careful and almost 0 stress or inhibited growth will appear in my experience.

foto_no_exif31.jpg

You want it to look like this after:

foto_no_exif20.jpg

And here's an updated picture from today of the girls, last day of week 3 and was fed the last day of week 3 feed. (1 ml Grow, 1 ml Bloom, 2ml Bioheaven and 1ml Topmax per liter)

Blue Kush:

foto_no_exif23.jpg

Think Different (looks like a droopy plant but from what I have seen it kind of looks like this in it's young days):

foto_no_exif110.jpg

That's it folks, thank you for following and also keep in mind I love reading your comments! :cheer:

Hey man of course!

- What you want to do is to drag the knife where the arrow is pointing so you don't hurt the main stem. This is very early in the plants life so it's easy to hurt it, be careful and almost 0 stress or inhibited growth will appear in my experience.

Thanks dude - got it - copied and pasted to my spreadsheet notes for next grow. Nice pics too.

Hi everyone!

This is an update from last day of week 4. I was going to make an update on Sunday but the forums were down.

So I have some news, the SCROG won't happen this grow as my net didn't work out the way I wanted it too, I will try to construct a better one for the next one.

But instead, I am doing an experiment I have wanted to do before. So if you read my earlier posts, I explained that I normally cut the first branches that comes out of the stem. What I have done now is that I also cut the first branches off of the branch that came after the one I cut. I am hoping that by doing this the plants will focus more energy on the tops and leave more space in the middle. I cut the new tops as soon as they appeared, here is a picture of one of the branches after I cut the 2 tops off from the first leaf set (a total of 4 tops were removed and I am only trying this on the Blue Kush as it is growing so fast):

And as always, here is an update on the progress on how they looked on Sunday, first the Blue Kush:

It is growing really nice, quite a stretchy fellow and already preflowering hard. My Think Different below grows completely opposite, super compact and there is almost 0 space inbetween the nodes and it has not showed sex yet. I have the Budmaster 2 LED and I can't put it any further away from the plants, it currently sits at the top of the tent and the plants at the bottom. The tent is 200 cm but it is a powerful lamp and it never needs to be moved which I like. :)

TD:

That's it folks, please comment if you see something you like! Will try to update again this weekend. :)

I am doing an experiment I have wanted to do before. So if you read my earlier posts, I explained that I normally cut the first branches that comes out of the stem. What I have done now is that I also cut the first branches off of the branch that came after the one I cut. I am hoping that by doing this the plants will focus more energy on the tops and leave more space in the middle. I cut the new tops as soon as they appeared

Very interesting dude - not seen this before. I can see where you cut - gonna keep checking in, if it works I'll give it a go.

Very interesting dude - not seen this before. I can see where you cut - gonna keep checking in, if it works I'll give it a go.

Yeah man I hope so too, and I am starting to see the results I was after, more compact space between the new tops on the tops of each branch. I just took these photos today (4 weeks and 2 days since breaking soil):

First out, Blue Kush which is preflowering like crazy!

And here is the Think Different, growing very compact nodes and has yet to show sex! Thinking it is going to be a beast when it takes off. Been doing some tucking of the leaves to let some of the tops underneath out to get some lights, I usually do this on autos:

Here is a photo of the top of the Blue Kush where I made the cut earlier, performing as I want to so far:

In general I am happy to see so very different strains growing amazingly next to each other, both showing great traits of their independet strains. Hope you like the report so far. :)

Your Think Diff will be taking off soon dude - if it's anything like my Dutch Passion girls, it will be a monster.

It amazing to see the difference in size in the same timeframe from 2 different strains. I agree with your experience, small plants taking a long veg time usually end up quite large once they start to flower. Have you grown TD before?

Back
Top Bottom