Blue Mystic Autos + LEDs + Bubbles

Hey all, I'm looking for input on 400 - 600watts of HID lighting... Electronic/Digital or Magnetic ballast? Dimmable or fixed? HSP, MH, Dual Arc or CMH?

Help! :scratchinghead:

Hey endive congrats on another succesfull grow.As far as HID I have found that the lumatek digitals are pretty solid they will run mh and hps.I have the witchable 200w-400w super lumens and no complaints but for a little more money you can get the 600 that is switchable between 250-600(dimmable threw the inpute as some just dim and use the same amount of elect).As long as you have a 600w bulb you can dim it down to lower wattage with no problems.I have a hortilux veg and another strictly flower bulb with deep red yellow not sure of the make but they all fire up even when set on low wattage.:thumb:I like led but still IMO they are not there yet as far as price = longevity and foot print but if you dont have one they are nice to have.:thumb:HH is a pretty good choice as far as price and performance considering the others out there.:goodjob:

Hey endive congrats on another succesfull grow.As far as HID I have found that the lumatek digitals are pretty solid they will run mh and hps.I have the witchable 200w-400w super lumens and no complaints but for a little more money you can get the 600 that is switchable between 250-600(dimmable threw the inpute as some just dim and use the same amount of elect).As long as you have a 600w bulb you can dim it down to lower wattage with no problems.I have a hortilux veg and another strictly flower bulb with deep red yellow not sure of the make but they all fire up even when set on low wattage.:thumb:I like led but still IMO they are not there yet as far as price = longevity and foot print but if you dont have one they are nice to have.:thumb:HH is a pretty good choice as far as price and performance considering the others out there.:goodjob:

Hey Turttle!

Thanks, I appreciate the info!

I threw my hat in last week, and it should be here tomorrow. Bought a 600w, dimmable ReVolt ballast, 6" cool tube, it's going out into the dedicated "Bloom-Room" so long as temperatures permit. It comes with an Eye Hortilux knockoff HPS lamp, that supposedly works well.

I've been reading up on HPS lamps now. HID lamp marketing hype is just as bad/confusing as the majority of the LED market's sensationalism.

I thought I fell in love with the 600w AgroMax Dual Arc lamp. But the reviews are so mixed on it, I think it's just infatuation.

Is it bad that my ménage à trios fantasies now consist of... One 600w HPS sandwiched between two Pro-Grow 180's... on a light mover? :drool:

Haha nothing weird about that fantasy at all Endive!

I'd like to add that if you ever do get a mover spend the $ and get a good one, I didn't and it's a waste of time and money.

Let us know how you like that light, I've been dreaming of 600w's myself lately :tokin:

Back
Top Bottom