Blue281's Perfect Sun Coco Grow Journal

I understand. Not enough room is always my main problem too. I just built two new rooms with what I thought was plenty of extra room and before I've finished they are absolutely stuffed with only 8 plants and 60 square feet of grow space lol. I did do 8' ceilings so tho that will be ok but I train quite a bit so my plants never get much taller than three feet....but they do get wider lol.
Looks like next time just one plant in your space will be the way to go. The good news is it looks like you are at a point that stretch is almost over so I think you will be fine for height in that space, it will be close tho.
Either way not enough room is on the list of "better" problems to have lol.
Nice growing. Looks like the coco it treating you well.
Oh one thing I noticed is the ppm. The plants are obviously loving everything but 900 seems a touch high for those if you are watering everyday unless you are watering with runoff and drain to waste. Less is always more with nutrients. A little too much and you can have all sorts of issues with lockouts later. The main reason is the daily watering of coco can lead to salt buildup if the ppm is a touch too high. The best results with coco is to give the plants exactly what they need each day and to let them tell you when they need more instead of when they have had too much.
Just something i noticed hope it helps as the grow progresses.
Looking great. Nice job. Can't wait to see those girls pack on some buds.

Jesus 60 square foot of grow space! I wish I had something like that :D. I hope they are at the end of there stretch and tbh if these work out ok I'll try two more again if rather hit the limit of the space than have space wasted.

As for the ppm, that's the ppm of my reservoir which waters and then drains back into the reservoir and re used. As the plant uses the water and nutrients for the week I top the reservoir up with just RO water.

Day 39

Still growing strong. I've noticed a slight bit of light bleaching on the centre leaves of one stem. So I've moved the light to its max height, hopefully it will be enough I think the most of the stretch is over so should be fine. Tomorrow I'll be emptying, cleaning and re filling my reservoir.

IMG_090537.JPG

Day 45

So this light being too close has finally got to my plants and they have a bit of light burn. Ive put the light as high as it will go and tied as much as I can to the outside edges of the tent to reduce what is effected. Hopefully things won't get any worst. Is there anything I can give them or do to make them more resilient to the light burn?

IMG_091251.JPG
IMG_091346.JPG

Looking good in there blue!
Glad you caught it and raised the light. How far away is it now?

The light is 16-18 inches away in the centre then 14 inches away to the few closest bits.

The leaves will not correct but the damage won't continue as long as it Is in fact light burn and not a lockout or def. Just keep your light up a little more but they look good.

I'm pretty sure it was light burn as it was only really effecting the parts closest to the light. However tomorrow is my res change day so while doing so I flush them through with some ph 5.8 water just in case it's a lock out. Unfortunately that is as high as my light will go in the tent it's about an inch from the top just about giving the light enough room to breath.

BedroomFarmer I think there may have been a nutrient lock out also. As the ppm of the water only dropped 200ppm over the course of a week.

I've flushed them through until the ppm of the water coming out is pretty much the same as the water going in. I'm now setting up a new res at 900ppm so hopefully the salts are cleared and the plants will start taking nutrients as usual. I'll keep a watch over the next few days ensuring the ppm drops as the week goes on.

Day 50

Things looked to have recovered and no more leaves are being effected. I guess it wasn't light burn and actually a nutrient lock out. Since flushing and replacing the res they have perked back up and are still growing! I'll ensure to flush a bit more often in the future :). Hopefully the bud will readily start to pack on now!

IMG_092134.JPG
IMG_096144.JPG

Day 54
Few updates today. I brought myself a revers osmosis system as filtering water through my filter jug thing was taking forever. Makes life so much easier replacing the res water. I've also ran out of mgb nutrients so I've changed to advance nutrients coco sensi, as it's designed for coco hopefully it will be good. Replaced the res water and ppmed the new stuff to just 750 as I don't know how they will react with the different nutrients.

The blueberry is well ahead with putting the bud on. Bud size isn't to bad for now, I think she still has two weeks left in her before the flush. Gorilla glue is still in the earlier stages of budding but there's allot of it so hopefully they will fatten up in the next few weeks. I give her at least three weeks, if not four.

IMG_104340.JPG
IMG_104446.JPG
IMG_104533.JPG

I agree with bedroomfarmer. Your gonna love AN sensi coco!

I personally have found I do not need to add calmag at any point in the grow, with different strains even, and I don't buffer with calmag. I buffer my coco with 150-200 ppm AN Sensi Grow, that's it lol. Zero issues with deficiencies with any of the plants I've grown with AN. And know I am not affiliated with them in any way lol, just pleased with the product. In bloom I use the AN sensi bloom coco and add a little (very little) AN Sensi Big Bud coco. I have grown some big heavily trained plants in 10 gal pots and I still stay in the 500-600 ppm range max through out bloom, any more I notice a touch of tip burn.

Looking fantastic in there Blue!
Very nice growing!

Ive switched without issues! You should be fine. I do add some calmag if the plant is extra hungry. Just keep an eye out. Looking excellent!!

Youll love AN sensi coco

Ok good to hear :) I'll keep an eye out for deficiencies. Thanks!

I agree with bedroomfarmer. Your gonna love AN sensi coco!

I personally have found I do not need to add calmag at any point in the grow, with different strains even, and I don't buffer with calmag. I buffer my coco with 150-200 ppm AN Sensi Grow, that's it lol. Zero issues with deficiencies with any of the plants I've grown with AN. And know I am not affiliated with them in any way lol, just pleased with the product. In bloom I use the AN sensi bloom coco and add a little (very little) AN Sensi Big Bud coco. I have grown some big heavily trained plants in 10 gal pots and I still stay in the 500-600 ppm range max through out bloom, any more I notice a touch of tip burn.

Looking fantastic in there Blue!
Very nice growing!

I've started off by adding just sensi bloom A+B and some overdrive. I'll only add the calmag if I get some issues. I'll try buffering the coco with it in my next grow thanks! I've burned my tips slightly already, I think I'll also stick to not going over 600ppm on my next grow unless issues occur also. Still learning with this grow, first one in coco and only 5th grow ever :)

Got some new seeds today also, excited!

IMG_106038.JPG

Back
Top Bottom