Blueberry CBD & Strawberry CBD Grow: MarsHydro SP150

mrking

INTRO

Every since I started my grow outside in April, I have wanted to do a grow inside but knew I needed to keep the tent free for drying the outdoor harvest. Plus I was using it for a while to turn a female into male with colloidal sliver for pollen to breed with.

And so it has now started...

SEEDS (from CropKing her in Vancouver):

CBD Blueberry Fem, 16:1 ( From their site: "crossbreeding Blueberry and OG Kush CBD, which belongs to the phenotype, Indica Dominant, and CBD Feminized. The flowering period is about 60 to 65 days" )

CBD Strawberry Fem, 15:1 (No strain specs given on site but " flowering period that only lasts seven up to 9 weeks ")

My plan is to LST and veg for 5 weeks or so (depends on height and how well they have progressed) then switch to 12/12 and wait for flower to start before counting down the days. Maybe a FIM, not sure yet.

TENT: Mars Hydro 4x2x5' tent with AC Affinity Cloudline T6 6" fan <--love this thing!

ONTO THE GROW:

This is a quick overview of the last few days that needs to be caught up on. I didn't want to start a journal until both seeds popped.

13OCT20: After lightly scoring and soaking the seeds in room temperature tap water for 18 hours, seeds were placed directly into solo cups with ProMix All Purpose Soil and pre-watered @ 7:30am with un-Ph'ed water with a little hydrogen peroxide and superthrive added. Some ProMix root hormone was also added to the cavity each seed was place into.

When placing seeds into the soil, it looked like the BB (blueberry) had a tap root starting already. After covering the seeds with medium and watering slightly again as to ensure the seeds settled into the soil, I put zip lock bags, with a corner cut off, over cups to increase humidity.

My Mars Hydro SP150 light was placed approx. 36” away, on an 18-6 schedule, which provides about 375 ppfd at that distance. Trying to keep the temperature of the tent between 70-79F. No need for nutes until they are transplanted into 1 gal pots of ProMix HP.

Will be using Mega Crop as the fertilizer this time around and excited to try it out. I believe it is V2 - grey with balls.

14OCT20: No sprouts yet but that is expected. Added a little bit more water to each as my initial dose didn’t seem enough and sealed the zip lock bags over the cup again. Wait and see.

15OCT20: The BB plant has sprouted cleanly. Still waiting on the SB. Added a few tablespoons of water to the SB as she was seeming dry - by weight.

16OCT20: Strawberry has popped today. Yay! We are one our way. Will leave them as is with bags over top for increase humidity until they have grown much larger.

Follow along, give me advice, stop me from doing stupid sh*t :D, or just learn from my progress and many mistakes. LOL

Let the grow commence!!

Call out to @InTheShed or any other Mega Crop experts.

I am using Mega Crop for this grow and have V2 that is grey with the small balls.

When these ladies get transplanted into 1 gal containers is when I will start to feed with Mega Crop as the soil they are in now, ProMix All Purpose Soil, has enough nutes to get them by for a bit. The transplant soil will be ProMix HP.

With the balls in MC I have to assume they are important. LOL. If I am only mixing up 1 gallon at a time for feeding at the start, or even later when I may be mixing 3 gallons at a time, how do I know I am getting the full compliments of nutes in MC? How can I be assured I am getting the ideal mix if one mix has more balls in it than a different time that I mix?

Should I make a concentrate, say 1000ml of water to 100 grams of MC thus giving me a ratio of 1 gram of MC per 10ml of mix? Would it even keep?

Or am I overthinking all this. :D

Not overthinking it at all mrking, and it would make sense if it worked! farside05 tried making concentrates for that same reason back with v2, but it would never stay in suspension or even remix well after some would settle out. I don't know if anyone has tried it with v3 (which it sound like you have if it's grey).

I make larger batches to ensure that I'm getting a more balance ratio of balls/powder, and I just store it in milk jugs until needed. For smaller plants, I usually mix stronger nutes and then dilute them down as I need them, because if you're mixing 3 gallons at a time of 2g/gallon, you will probably never get through that unless you have many many small plants to feed.

Also, unless you're in a very dry area, I don't dome my seedlings after they sprout. If you want to wait a day or two that might work, but get them used to life in the world, such as it is :).

Hope this helps!

Not overthinking it at all mrking, and it would make sense if it worked! farside05 tried making concentrates for that same reason back with v2, but it would never stay in suspension or even remix well after some would settle out. I don't know if anyone has tried it with v3 (which it sound like you have if it's grey).

I make larger batches to ensure that I'm getting a more balance ratio of balls/powder, and I just store it in milk jugs until needed. For smaller plants, I usually mix stronger nutes and then dilute them down as I need them, because if you're mixing 3 gallons at a time of 2g/gallon, you will probably never get through that unless you have many many small plants to feed.

Also, unless you're in a very dry area, I don't dome my seedlings after they sprout. If you want to wait a day or two that might work, but get them used to life in the world, such as it is :).

Hope this helps!
Larger batches it is. I'll avoid concentrating.

Interesting you say I have V3. It is grey and has balls (see image - white piece of paper is there for reference) but everything on the package indicates it is V2 (based on specs 9-6-17 - see image). Hmmm.

Right now the Rh in my tent is 45%, so not the best environment for a seedling. :) Easy enough to add a humidifier when I take the zip lock bags off though. I'll make the transition tomorrow or Sunday. Thanks.

If memory serves, grey with balls is v3.1. I only remember by color because the bags are never updated as often as their product. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Brown with brown balls was v1, brown with white balls was v2, grey powder was v3, and grey powder with balls is v3.1. This is my recollection anyway.

45% will be great for flower...I hope it holds!
Most interesting on the different versions. If they don't update bags how do I know the specs? Grrrr. :/ More research needed.

By the time I flower it will be winter so the humidity should hold. I am looking forward to not getting bud rot. LOL

I don't think the whatever differences there are between v2 and 3 are significant enough to make the feeding schedule change.
OK, just checked my email receipt from the Canadian store, yes I got V3. Duh on me. LOL

I'll stick to large batches and mix as per their recommendations. Thanks.

Into day 5 now and everything is progressing as normal. Just took off the zip lock bags and added a humidifier in the tent to keep em happy. Added a small amount of water to keep them happy as the soil was starting to dry out. BB is onto its second set of true leaves and the SB is still on its first set. The SB is one day behind the BB, but in the long run, it won't matter. :)

Today marks the first day of up potting both plants to 1 gal containers and watering with there first feed of Mega Crop while LST.

Get it all over with. LOL.

Back
Top Bottom