Blueberry CBD & Strawberry CBD Grow: MarsHydro SP150

If you actually FIMmed them (rather than FIMtheFIM), you will have more than two branches to deal with :).
Very true. I’ve only been able to fimm correctly one. :D

Hello there, I’m a little late to the show but I’ll hang around if you dont mind. They look happy in their new homes! They’ll be full of roots in no time! I’m a big fan of training and fim/topping. I’m definitely looking forward to the show. I’ll chill in the back with my bag of Doritos. Happy growing!!!!

Hello there, I’m a little late to the show but I’ll hang around if you dont mind. They look happy in their new homes! They’ll be full of roots in no time! I’m a big fan of training and fim/topping. I’m definitely looking forward to the show. I’ll chill in the back with my bag of Doritos. Happy growing!!!!
Thanks. Please hang. We’ll see where this all goes.

Thirty-six days from sprouting, this is where I am at.

The low stress training is coming along and no big issues to contend with but I am seeing some deficiencies right now.

What I am learning with this new grow is that I need to feed/water more when using Promix HP soil due to the fact that the soil has no nutrients in it. My last grow was with Promix All-Purpose Soil, which has nutrients in it and allowed me to really let the soil dry out without any worry about deficiencies. Looking back at that, I think I like that aspect of it.

As you can see from the photos below I have an N and a Mag deficiency going on right now. My previous feed, before last night, was 4g/gal of MC, then I did what I have done before and let the plant dry out. However, doing this leaves little to no nutrients in the soil available to the plants. In indsight, I have probably slowed the growth since the start doing this as well.

To make up for it, last night, I fed 5g/gal of MC. Plants have perked up but it will take time to get them back to full green. No burning has shown up yet either, so my next watering in a couple of days, when only the top inch has dried out, will stay at 5g/gal of MC and we'll see what happens.

I find this very interesting. I will stick with the ProMix HP for the rest of the grow to get the hang of it. Who knows, maybe I'll end up liking HP more than the All-Purpose soil. So far though, the All-Purpose soil seems more forgiving.

so my next watering in a couple of days, when only the top inch has dried out, will stay at 5g/gal of MC
Cannabis plants in veg grow best with a good wet/dry cycle, so I would advise against watering again until the pot is light when you lift it. I think the problem you're seeing is just related to the fact that you were under-feeding the MC at 4g/gal, or not letting it get dry enough between waterings. Wet feet will often show up as both drooping leaves and deficiencies.

Cannabis plants in veg grow best with a good wet/dry cycle, so I would advise against watering again until the pot is light when you lift it. I think the problem you're seeing is just related to the fact that you were under-feeding the MC at 4g/gal, or not letting it get dry enough between waterings. Wet feet will often show up as both drooping leaves and deficiencies.
That’s odd then as I let them dry to the bone. I have learned that lesson. lol. MC dose I agree with and appreciate the advice.

That being said, maybe there isn’t enough perlite in the HP soil to allow for better aeration. Hmmm. When I up-pot I’ll add some more perlite to the mix. It’s the only thing I can think of.

I've been growing in ProMix HP for about two years now and haven't found aeration or drainage an issue, but I only grow in cloth bags. Everything is slower in plastic pots.
Ah yes, that makes sense. My up-pot will be a fabric pot so that will help.

Thanks!!!!

Picked up a TS1000 on a BlackFriday deal and popped it in. Tons of light now. :)

Strawberry CBD showing this deficiency for awhile now, which I believe is a magnesium def. See second image below. Last two watering were with 6g/gal of MC. Blueberry plant is doing well and both plants not really showing signs of nutrient burn so I think my next feeding will be at 6.5g/gallon plus add a tsp of Epsom salts to the SB feeding.

Any input appreciated.

I never get much above 5g/gallon in veg, so at 6g you might be looking at lock-out as much as deficiency. They were at 5g just before transplant a week ago, so maybe try a few at 5g again and see how they do.

Congrats on the new light, and consider raising it up nice and high to get them used to it, and lower it over the course of a week or a week and a half.

I never get much above 5g/gallon in veg, so at 6g you might be looking at lock-out as much as deficiency. They were at 5g just before transplant a week ago, so maybe try a few at 5g again and see how they do.

Congrats on the new light, and consider raising it up nice and high to get them used to it, and lower it over the course of a week or a week and a half.
Thanks. I’ll take that advice. Still too much to learn it seems.

Repotted to 5 gal fabric pots from 3 gal yesterday. Both have enjoyed the extra room immediately.

Still feeding 5g/gal of MC. I see light burning on tips so all is well. The SB still has the zebra look to her leaves but at this point I am thinking it’s a strain or pheno characteristic.

Plan is to let them recuperate until Wednesday, then it is defoliate, scrog and flip!!

You're gonna have to raise that baby up so it's not buried under the scrog ;).

Looking good in there king!
So I can get under it and water you mean?

The other plants are going to block out all the light!
Oh, the 'baby' being the small plant. Yes, for sure. That is a habanero plant experiment. Seeing if I can grow it from an 18-6 to a 12-12 cycle without any issues. Just curious really. But, yes, I will be raising it. :)

Back
Top Bottom