Blueberry & Durban Poison Cross Project

Durban x Blueberry

P_20190203_091059_vHDR_Auto.jpg

Here are some photos of the Blueberries at my gf's house. The one i photographed on the coffee table is the tallest, and still only about 28 or 30 inches long. I cut three small bottom twigs last week and they're standing tall in the dome. You can see that tying the plants down at the beginning really paid off. Their structure is great for anyone who is limited for vertical space. There's also a couple pics of the male we chose to pollinate the girls. There were actually 4 males out of 7 seeds, but still it's been a big success so far. In a month or so, I should have hundreds of mature seeds and some buds in there, too. Gf took the male out weeks ago, and the buds have grown a lot since then.

Attachments

• P_20190302_163543_vHDR_Auto.jpg
    P_20190302_163543_vHDR_Auto.jpg
    483.6 KB · Views: 54
This is BB5, which 3 months ago I noted in my journal would be good to clone. Turned out to be the strongest and tallest of the girls. The manifold technique has proven to produce plants with good strong stalks and a manageable size. The clones haven't rooted yet, but they're not drooping either. Fingers crossed.

Here you can see the junction of the stalks. Manifold is a great technique on a grow of this small scale, but I wouldn't use it in a big production garden.

I added a small dehumidifier in my room the other day. It's been cold here the last several weeks, so i haven't had the window open. This stunts the plants because inadequate air exchange. But it can also promote mold and in late flower, low humidity is key to promoting resin production, I believe.

Until i got the dehumidifier, the humidity was consistently 70%. After using it for a week and opening the window a crack, I've got the humidity down to what you see in the picture.

Here are some pics of the Durbans, taken today. They're at the end of week 6, pollinated about a month ago. I'll also include a couple pics from the other week when I was forced to break the tallest stems on DP1 and DP2. The manifold technique has really worked to provide several tops, and the natural internode spacing creates spaciousness in the canopy. Good airflow.

Here they are when I broke them.

You can see that the plants recovered very well from being brutalized like this. And also, the other colas gained some height, like they're supposed to do when you supercrop.

The Green Crack is a beautiful little runt. The mother plant which selfed those seeds produced great smoke that everybody loves. You can see how short it really is. I eventually just put it on top of an overturned 3 gallon pot, and it's still much shorter than the rest. I think the seeds produced by hybridizing with blueberry will create plants that work well for people who have low ceilings. Or for people who have good ceilings and want to create a double-decker grow.

Here it is, off in the corner.

It's a runt, no doubt, but it is very healthy, the clones are vigorous and bushy, and I miss the smoke, having only just run out of my last batch.

Beginning of the next round, DP2 in the 18/6 tents, 3 in 1 gallon pots. The space under the t5s just ran out, what with 3 clones of BB5, the budding female I recently posted. Also, I recently planted 3 new regular seeds: Super Skunk, Critical, and LA Confidential. Again, I'm hoping to get a male or preferably two.

Another recent experiment has been to include Gaia Green into the mix. For one of these 3 clones, i premixed the prescribed amount into 1 gallon of coco and just poured water in. I'm going to do this with the other clones as well.

Hi, I've just had a couple successful crops of Green Crack and Black Indica, and I thought I would go in a new direction. I bought some new seeds from crop king seeds. The Black Indica seeds came from them, so I knew I would get good stuff.

The seeds I ordered were regular Blueberry seeds and feminized Durban Poison. Contrary to normal practice for a home grower, I'm actually hoping for some males. I don't have a lot of space, just a few grow tents. What you see in the picture are 3 Durban Poison females (these will be the mothers) and 7 Blueberries. In a month or so, i will clone for gender, taking two cuttings from each plant. As soon as i know the sex, I'll actually take all the females Out of the flowering tent. Males all go in, where they can bloom until I'm able to collect their pollen. The aim is to provide myself with seed for future crops but also to cross-pollinate to intentionally create a strain which combines the best aspects of the two parents: a Durban which isn't so tall but still taller than the Blueberry, and which has the colours and aromas of the Blue. Hopefully achieve a nice head high while also producing relaxation.

In the last crop, i stressed the plants through over fertilization, and the Green Crack actually produced seeds of its own. Not a male flower to be found anywhere. So, i have also germinated 3 of those seeds, and I'll pollinate them also with the Blueberry. Down the road, I'll plant the Blueberry Durban and the Blueberry Crack, leave some males and females of each inside one Bloom tent, and create yet another hybrid.

Inside of 5 years, im hoping to create several new hybrid strains this way, and eventually set up shop. This grow journal might end up taking a year to finish, but it will "end" with fully flowering sinsemilla phenos of all types including the Blueberry, Durban, and Green Crack parent strains for comparison.

Wish me luck!
P_20181129_151422_vHDR_On.jpg
P_20181130_120021_vHDR_On.jpg
P_20181130_120027_vHDR_On.jpg
i....im pulling up a stump good sir ...carry on ...

What do you guys make of the mutant Blueberry with 3 leaves per node?
I had a few years ago.. Made for a more complex plant when it was in veg.. By the time it flowered it ran out like a normal plant single bracts.. Clones ran out immediately.. Made some nice flowers, nothing to write home about..

I also have 4 autoflower strains started which I also plan to pollinate with the Blueberry. Auto cheese, Jack herer, nyc diesel, and Early miss. All by crop king. Over the next few years I plan to create all kinds of stuff.
I'm kind'a curious about the auto flowers myself.. Was a novelty back in the day, poor flowers, no buzz.. Who knew they just needed some love and some new genetics.. My guy gave me the only seed he'd run across in the last two years.. He had no recollection as to what it came from.. So.. It turns out it is an auto-flower male.. So, it turns out I have pollen from a Colorado source to play with.. Just started some seeds less than 48 hours ago; sprouts now.. Gorilla Glue/Northern Lights/Hays-Xtreme all reg seeds.. This is gunna be fun.. Lil pollen in a baby food jar w/tiny bit-O-water.. Tiny paint brush & grow (4) kinds of seeds on one plant.. Times all three strains, that's 12 total.. You can back lash/inbreed your (new) strains (recommended) and pull all kinds of variations out of it.. laters

Back
Top Bottom