Blueberry Kush Grow Journal, 2019

Buzzy101

What strain is it? The strain is blueberry Kush.

Is it Indica, Sativa or a hybrid? Blueberry Kush, is a Indica dominated hybrid. It’s bread from blueberry and the popular OG Kush.

Is it in the veg or flower stage? The seeds are actually still in germination. They have been for around 40 hours now, still in a damp paper towel in a ceramic tray.

Indoor or outdoor? This is an indoor closet grow.

Soil or hydro? Soil. I’m going to use jiffy pods for the seedling stage, then transfer those into a peat most, coco and miracle-gro mix. I ran the soil trough a sift to make sure there no large chunks of soil.

Light type and strength? I’m using a combination of 6500k CFL lamps, and a 330mn blue light spectrum LED; (around 25 watt in veg mode). I will be using two 23 watt CFL’s, and a single 42 watt CFL. Light cycle will be 18 hours on and 4 hours off for the seedling stage.

Cooling? I’m going to be using juts a fan to mix the air around. Since LED and CFL don’t produce much heat.

Temp/humidity? Keeping them around 22-23 C° and hopefully around 60% humidity. I do have a humidifier if humidity is running low.

PH/ water type? I’m keeping the water around 6.5-6.6 PH. I’m using rain water mixed with hydrogen peroxide to encourage root grow and add oxygen.

How much am I watering? I’m going to keep the soil at a moist level for the seedling stage, making sure not to over or under water them. After transplant I will go to a more regular water cycle.

Using fertilizer? I’m hoping to grow them all natural, but with a indoor grow I will fertilizer if necessary.(if I see the plant need it)

Any help will be great! This is my third attempt at growing all the other ones never made it past two weeks. After doing more extensive research I hope I have the knowledge to have a successful attempt. You know what they say, third times the charm.... I hope :) peace and love! Happy growing!!

Hey Buzzy, glad you made the 3rd time's a charm. It's going to be awesome! You have a good plan. A note or two. If you're using coco then it's considered hydro from what I read here and should be ph'd for coco not soil. So coco ph should be 5.5 to 6.1? Here's the chart for that. I've heard folks pre charge coco with calmag(or light nute mix) before planting because it's pretty inert. Sorry I can't tell you wich, like I mentioned I haven't grown in it as yet.
Keep coming here and searching journals of those who do run it.
Also are you using calmag regularly? I use rain also and if I don't use calmag on the regular they suffer magnesium deficiency. @AngryBird Do you know a journal that is a coco one for Buzzy to look at?

Hey Buzzy, glad you made the 3rd time's a charm. It's going to be awesome! You have a good plan. A note or two. If you're using coco then it's considered hydro from what I read here and should be ph'd for coco not soil. So coco ph should be 5.5 to 6.1? Here's the chart for that. I've heard folks pre charge coco with calmag(or light nute mix) before planting because it's pretty inert. Sorry I can't tell you wich, like I mentioned I haven't grown in it as yet.
Also are you using calmag regularly? I use rain also and if I don't use calmag on the regular they suffer magnesium deficiency. @AngryBird Do you know a journal that is a coco one for Buzzy to look at?
Checking......

Thanks you for the advice! Note that My soil is only around 20% coco 30% Pete moss 10% perlight and 40% regular soil.

Here the 3 seedlings that have pop. One of them still has no tap root.

Attachments

• 5F0C12A5-61C4-48E4-B50E-D94D8800141A.jpeg
    5F0C12A5-61C4-48E4-B50E-D94D8800141A.jpeg
    315.5 KB · Views: 153
Got all three in the peat moss pods already inside solo cup sized pots. There 88 watt of light on there it’s equivalent to 350 watt, lights are about 4” away. I might raise them up but for now I want to wait till they pop up. I’m using Mylar as my reflection for light.

Attachments

• 96894741-CC42-43B6-94F5-19B70232AAD1.jpeg
    96894741-CC42-43B6-94F5-19B70232AAD1.jpeg
    720.6 KB · Views: 157
  • 46A39546-9049-438D-AE51-FF3D2CF3C962.jpeg
    46A39546-9049-438D-AE51-FF3D2CF3C962.jpeg
    578.3 KB · Views: 161
Hello everyone, today I bought a 24 watt LED light it has 3 layers of diodes and is 2 feet long, I saw some of the other plants that were used to grow with this light and the results were amazing. This only draws 24watts but is an equivalent to over 400 watts and if very good quality light spectrum it has been proven to work better then a 600 watt mars led I will be getting 4 for them for 100 watts of led in total, if you wondering with these lights it’s around 8000 lumens. Please note I have read the thing about promoting led I am not promoting this led I have never used it before but I hope the results work good I juts didn’t want to deal with the florescent lights anymore I’ll give you guy an update tmr to let you know if I wasted my money or not

Hi :hug:
I found you.
No worries, you are allowed to write company and upload a picture of your grow space.
Now, let's start with adding your journal to your signature.
That way, it is easier for everyone to join your grow.
It will show in every post you have done so far, and the ones to come.
Copy the address, like you sent me in PM
And go to this place :https://www.420magazine.com/community/account/signature
Press the chain icon and paste link in URL.
Press insert. And then ok.

Thanks you for the advice! Note that My soil is only around 20% coco 30% Pete moss 10% perlight and 40% regular soil.
Which means you will get to feed them a bit sooner than if you were in soil+ petlite only :)
And, do not give too much water...
That is most probably why they died on you.
We are here, so no worries :)

Hi :hug:
I found you.
No worries, you are allowed to write company and upload a picture of your grow space.
Now, let's start with adding your journal to your signature.
That way, it is easier for everyone to join your grow.
It will show in every post you have done so far, and the ones to come.
Copy the address, like you sent me in PM
And go to this place :https://www.420magazine.com/community/account/signature
Press the chain icon and paste link in URL.
Press insert. And then ok.
Okay thank you! My journal has been added to my signature I believe :). Thank you for the help!

Which means you will get to feed them a bit sooner than if you were in soil+ petlite only :)
And, do not give too much water...
That is most probably why they died on you.
We are here, so no worries :)
I’m planning on adding a similar root boster to rhizotonic, I don’t remember the name off hand but I’ll post everything in tomorrow’s post. I’m also planning on feeding them after a week, I’ll post the mixture I’m using on this coming up Friday when I go to buy it. I get everything for my grow through a trusted local supplier that have been there for over 15 year now :) if I’m doing anything wrong I’m open to constructive criticism and very exited! :)
And yes after some more research I agree I did add to much water and accidentaly drowned the poor babies so thank you very much for the help it means a lot :)

I’m planning on adding a similar root boster to rhizotonic, I don’t remember the name off hand but I’ll post everything in tomorrow’s post. I’m also planning on feeding them after a week, I’ll post the mixture I’m using on this coming up Friday when I go to buy it. I get everything for my grow through a trusted local supplier that have been there for over 15 year now :) if I’m doing anything wrong I’m open to constructive criticism and very exited! :)
This post was an accident. sorry

Hello today is day 3 in soil. There in jiffy pods right now it seems like the led I have is doing the job. I’m using the QG LED ulitmate 2foot bar about 18” away from the pods. there in a plastic dome at the moment to keep humidity up until tomorrow when I crack it 3 of the seeding have popped out of the medium. I’m going to use prop-o-gator 0-3-2 plant food root booster tomorrow in the watering 4ml in 1litre of water. Here are some pics :) any advice if I’m doing this right or wrong would be great :)

Attachments

• 638E0D5F-0AA6-4A1A-A1DF-3AAF7B172D85.jpeg
    638E0D5F-0AA6-4A1A-A1DF-3AAF7B172D85.jpeg
    847.9 KB · Views: 186
  • 3D15E011-1982-401F-815E-6656C1028CF1.jpeg
    3D15E011-1982-401F-815E-6656C1028CF1.jpeg
    990.7 KB · Views: 159
  • A270EC4B-9440-4F81-AC68-7652AAAA0E0D.jpeg
    A270EC4B-9440-4F81-AC68-7652AAAA0E0D.jpeg
    731.7 KB · Views: 106
  • BD490F16-25CD-48BB-BADA-E8BD652404AB.jpeg
    BD490F16-25CD-48BB-BADA-E8BD652404AB.jpeg