Blueberry Kush Journal Vol.1

Thread starter #1
This will be my first grow! Critics welcome advice is more so.

Fem blueberry kush
219 cfl watts @6500k
Promix organic seed starting
40% perlite
RH @45
Temp@ 78f during the day and 72 per night.

Thread starter #2
I began germinating my single seed on january 3rd 2018 [emoji119] after 12 hours of soaking it in a small bowl ( dark wark cupboard ) i transferred it to the papertowel method and sealed it inside a ziplock bag in the same cupboard beforementioned. After an additional 32 hours taproot exceeded the diamater of the seed so off into the soil she went :) at 1/4 inch deep.

This brings us to January 7th in the photo above! First cotlydons appear and small true leaves shortly after. Partially purple stem, but nonthless looking healthy.

Thread starter #3
This brings us up to january 8th CFLs are approx. 1 1/2 from the top of the leaves. Watering via spraybottle every six to eight hours. With a ph water of 6.5

Thread starter #4
Ill upload all the photos on a day to fay basis until now! Let me know how everything is looking. Light schedule is 24/0 for now. Planning to introduce them to 18/6 a week before the switch to 12 12!

Thread starter #7
Cute kids ya got there
Appreciate it [emoji2][emoji2] its just the one though. Im hoping to keep my cost low to get my feet wet before investing some significant capital into some hydroponics equipment. So far I love soil, its been easy to work with and everything is going according to plan. My end game is rooting some clones and keeping a mother plant to supply myself with enough smokable to not go bankrupt each month from buying from the compassion shops. We shall see how it goes!

Thread starter #8
January 13th 2018

So far shes been fairly thirsty, consuming about 4 oz via spraybottle of tap water thats been sitting out for 48 hours and phd to 6.5 using about 20 drops of vinegar in a four litre jug. Today marks 10 days from seed! 5 days from popping up

How is she looking mates?

nivek

Heya squire,, karma sent to you and the wee one

I grow in soil and with cfls as well,, cheers to that. Keep them lights close, as you said, two inches max

And i could not agree more about not watering every day,, Overwatering must be the number one error with new growers, old ones too. Nothing stunts plants like too much water. And, only spraying the top does not get moisture down at the bottom where that tap root is going.

I recommend a watering from the bottom, putting the pot in a bowl of water for a bit,, only put so much water in,the bowl and let the pot sit in there till a bunch of the water dissappears

What I do anyway,, then let the pot sit, for days maybe, with an occasional misting on top, only to moisten the top, not to add more water

Again, karma sent,, if the soil is shiny, then its too wet,

Thread starter #14
Heya squire,, karma sent to you and the wee one

I grow in soil and with cfls as well,, cheers to that. Keep them lights close, as you said, two inches max

And i could not agree more about not watering every day,, Overwatering must be the number one error with new growers, old ones too. Nothing stunts plants like too much water. And, only spraying the top does not get moisture down at the bottom where that tap root is going.

I recommend a watering from the bottom, putting the pot in a bowl of water for a bit,, only put so much water in,the bowl and let the pot sit in there till a bunch of the water dissappears

What I do anyway,, then let the pot sit, for days maybe, with an occasional misting on top, only to moisten the top, not to add more water

Again, karma sent,, if the soil is shiny, then its too wet,
Thanks for the advice Nivek. I'll try a more practical appraoch to watering, so far im having lots of fun! Cheers.

Thread starter #15
Well end of the day update! So far so good [emoji106] found my old magnifying glass and took a couple nice photos that id love to share :) thanks for the assists so far!

Thread starter #19
January 14th 2018, 11 days from seed. Starting to see some horizontall growth, maintaining a lot of purple accents. Anyways! Daily pic below!!