Blueberry X Haze - Ebb & Grow

Updates,
Seems like the girls are not eating as much. My PPM was at 1650 7 days ago, and it is almost 2000 right now. No signs of nute burn really, but most of the lower fan leaves are starting to die. One of the only problems right now, is some of the lower branches are starting to fall over. It's pretty much only the very small branches, but I still hate seeing my poor ladies on the ground. I was able to prop them back up except 2 tiny branches which became "Testers". I checked the Trich's with my new 420 scope, and I would say about 50% cloudy right now. I am planning to chop on Feb 5 which would be 65 days total. How long do you guys flush in hydro, and do you use flushing agents like "clearex"? Do you guys use just plain ph'ed RO water? Taker Eazy guys.

I had to stake all my lower branches, and my lower fan leaves yellowed and died. No worries, it's normal for this strain.

Mine also slowed their thirst towards the end. Drop your RH to about 40%.

I had to stake all my lower branches, and my lower fan leaves yellowed and died. No worries, it's normal for this strain.

Mine also slowed their thirst towards the end. Drop your RH to about 40%.

My Rh% is 40% lights on, 50% lights off. That is with the use of my dehumidifier, unfortunately it has been raining a lot up here in the bay area.

My plan right now is to change my res friday to about 1600ppm, and then the following Friday, I will flush with Clearex for 7 days.

My Rh% is 40% lights on, 50% lights off. That is with the use of my dehumidifier, unfortunately it has been raining a lot up here in the bay area.

Hear California may "float" away. Should be good for the drought?

My plan right now is to change my res friday to about 1600ppm, and then the following Friday, I will flush with Clearex for 7 days.

You going to do plain water the last couple of days to rid of the Clearex?

S.F

Hear California may "float" away. Should be good for the drought?
S.F

Yeah its nuts around here lately, more scary than the water is the drivers!! musta been like 30 accidents within 20 miles of me today. I sure hope this helps the drought, as should everyone who likes California fruit and vegetables....

You going to do plain water the last couple of days to rid of the Clearex? S.F

Honestly, I don't know.... First time with hydro, and when I did Soil I just used plain water for the last 2 weeks. Should I flush the Clearex? How long should I use the Clearex?
I am going to do a lot more homework tonight, but if someone feels like telling me.. I will listen lol.

Yeah its nuts around here lately, more scary than the water is the drivers!! musta been like 30 accidents within 20 miles of me today. I sure hope this helps the drought, as should everyone who likes California fruit and vegetables....

We'll be thinking of you guys!

Honestly, I don't know.... First time with hydro, and when I did Soil I just used plain water for the last 2 weeks. Should I flush the Clearex? How long should I use the Clearex?
I am going to do a lot more homework tonight, but if someone feels like telling me.. I will listen lol.

LOL, I'm kind of in the same boat and have been following you. This is probably a question for Pit or OGD. I've read info where people have done both ways, but I would think a day or two to get rid of the Clearex might rid of any chemicals or taste? I'm using the GH FloraKleen product and it only says to use during the last several days before harvest.

I'll be following to see what you do! :cheesygrinsmiley:

SF

Starting to do my finger stretches, this plant has a high leaf to bud ratio imo. Res change is tomorrow, I looked at the Canna feeding schedule and it said to lower my ppm from 1650 to 1400 for this week. Then I will be flushing for seven days. I plan to empty as much of the water as possible, then fill with ph'ed RO water. I will run this for 24 hours, then I will empty again and fill with ph'ed RO + clearex. This was suggested to me by McBudz, and it made a lot of sense. One of my issues with the ebb and grow, is that it's difficult to get all the water out. Here's a couple pics from tonight. As you can see, the back 4 girls are about 8inches taller. It worked out rather well, I had 4 tall's and 4 shorts and 2 lights. I lost a little bit of penetration I'm sure, but first run in this room.....I'm satisfied.
GROUPSHOT9.jpg

Fatgirl.jpg

Lookin Awesome!!!

Re your flush schedule. This is one I have experimented with. I can say without a doubt that my results from Clearex were much better than other methods of flushing.

Here's the how to:

1 week before you are going to harvest:

1 Drain res and refill with Clearex at 20-30ml. A good hefty mix. Don't be affraid. You WANT to flush the hell out of them. Trust me when I say even the tiniest bit of nutes remaining will pop and taste nasty.

2 Run the new mix through the plants. When you feel like you've achieved good saturation and runoff - test the ppm of the runoff.

3 Let the pots drain back to the res.

4 Run the Clearex through again. Check the ppm of the runoff.

5 Repeat this process untill you see no more change in the PPM.

Now your plants are basically flushed.

Water them with plain water for the remainder of the time. Some folks stop watering 3 days before harvest. You don't need to, up to you - stopping the watering just makes them dry a little faster. Some folks prefer a slower dry.

If you really want to be safe - 1 more flush at 3 days before harvest won't hurt. Then you really won't need to water them at all.

That should do it! Its easy - just a question of being thorough.

Big congrats on getting to the point where you need to learn to flush! And bigger props for doing the research AHEAD of time. The flush and cure are in my opinion the difference between good homegrown and professional tasting medication.

+reps

Lookin Awesome!!!

Re your flush schedule. This is one I have experimented with. I can say without a doubt that my results from Clearex were much better than other methods of flushing.

Here's the how to:

1 week before you are going to harvest:

1 Drain res and refill with Clearex at 20-30ml. A good hefty mix. Don't be affraid. You WANT to flush the hell out of them. Trust me when I say even the tiniest bit of nutes remaining will pop and taste nasty.

2 Run the new mix through the plants. When you feel like you've achieved good saturation and runoff - test the ppm of the runoff.

3 Let the pots drain back to the res.

4 Run the Clearex through again. Check the ppm of the runoff.

5 Repeat this process untill you see no more change in the PPM.

Now your plants are basically flushed.

Water them with plain water for the remainder of the time. Some folks stop watering 3 days before harvest. You don't need to, up to you - stopping the watering just makes them dry a little faster. Some folks prefer a slower dry.

If you really want to be safe - 1 more flush at 3 days before harvest won't hurt. Then you really won't need to water them at all.

That should do it! Its easy - just a question of being thorough.

Big congrats on getting to the point where you need to learn to flush! And bigger props for doing the research AHEAD of time. The flush and cure are in my opinion the difference between good homegrown and professional tasting medication.

+reps

Wow, thanks a bunch for the advice. There's nothing worse than herb that gums up in your bowl from not being cured properly. I will be honest, my back aches just thinking about that many res changes. I am currently using store bought RO water. So I am taking my 7 5gal jugs to the water store weekly, and having to carry them to my room and pour them in. I did this 2 weeks before I promised myself to pull a water line into my room and put in my own RO system LOL! My back will suffer though, these girls look and smell too good to not put the effort in.

UPDATES!! DAY 81 / DAY 53 FLOWER
So, not much new really. The buds are putting on weight, but don't look too different. Most of my work lately has been supporting all the heavy branches. About 10 days ago, I came in and 2 branches off one of the smaller plantss had fallen over. The branches split, and I decided to simply cut them off and have some "tester" weed..... Well lesson learned, buds cut while running 2000ppm taste BAD!! They look great, smell great, and even weighed out pretty well. Considering they where the 2 lowest branches, off one of the smallest plant, 2-1/2 weeks early I still got 22grams dry weight ( a bit of popcorn). On a bright note, I have figured out what to do with all the trim. A close friend of mine, is as obsessed about beer brewing, as I am about growing. TahDah!! CANNA BEER!! I am not that much of a drinker, but I enjoy his home brews, so I can only imagine once he taints it with my sweet trim! Well here's a pic I took of one of the better looking buds from the fall down episode.

BUD229.jpg

BUDDLY.jpg

Wow, thanks a bunch for the advice. There's nothing worse than herb that gums up in your bowl from not being cured properly. I will be honest, my back aches just thinking about that many res changes. I am currently using store bought RO water. So I am taking my 7 5gal jugs to the water store weekly, and having to carry them to my room and pour them in. I did this 2 weeks before I promised myself to pull a water line into my room and put in my own RO system LOL! My back will suffer though, these girls look and smell too good to not put the effort in.

hey bro, try a water cure on non-flushed buds.

On another note, your garden is superb. Be very proud, you've done an amazing job, and you're going to be so happy with that Blue Dream.

BTW there is a sticky thread about flushing that gives a million reasons why you don't need to. I disagree with most of that thread. And especially the "how do you flush a 10' tree outside." The answer is RAIN! It is basically being flushed the entire time as far as I can tell.

Also, it's only one extra reservoir change. Hopefully that won't be too bad on your back.

I'd rep you if I could - I know your girls must be screaming to be smoked!!

Updates
Tonight I will start my flush. Everything is looking amazing inside the room, great smells & fat buds. One problem I am running into is branches collapsing, I have so much string everywhere, it looks like a spider web. After dealing with this problem, I have decided to do a untrained scrog next time. Basically I will have trellis netting supspended about 18-20" above my pots. I will make a surrounding support system out of PVC/ABS (can't remember which one is toxic). My hopes are, that the plant simply grows up through the netting, and later on when it starts to sag, the netting will support it. This is of course, unless one of you guys has a good idea for supporting plants while using the ebb and grow.

Back
Top Bottom