Blueberry X Haze - Ebb & Grow

Updates
Tonight I will start my flush. Everything is looking amazing inside the room, great smells & fat buds. One problem I am running into is branches collapsing, I have so much string everywhere, it looks like a spider web. After dealing with this problem, I have decided to do a untrained scrog next time. Basically I will have trellis netting supspended about 18-20" above my pots. I will make a surrounding support system out of PVC/ABS (can't remember which one is toxic). My hopes are, that the plant simply grows up through the netting, and later on when it starts to sag, the netting will support it. This is of course, unless one of you guys has a good idea for supporting plants while using the ebb and grow.

When I put my clones into the e/g I put 3 foot bamboo stakes down to the bottom of the buckets and tie the clones to them. This keeps my main trunk stable as my clones sit pretty shallow in the hydroton. I have had my plants flop over in the past. The bamboo fixes that

For stabilizing the branches I like your net/trellis idea. My plants typically don't have long side branches but something tells me this grow that will be different.

When I put my clones into the e/g I put 3 foot bamboo stakes down to the bottom of the buckets and tie the clones to them. This keeps my main trunk stable as my clones sit pretty shallow in the hydroton. I have had my plants flop over in the past. The bamboo fixes that

For stabilizing the branches I like your net/trellis idea. My plants typically don't have long side branches but something tells me this grow that will be different.

This round, I actually duct taped bamboo stakes to the outside of the pot. This was flawed, because it was not near the center of the plant. So when I attempted to tie branches to it, it pulled them towards the side that had the stake. I consider duct taping four stakes to each bucket, kind of surrounding the plant, but the plants where so big, I would have probably hurt them trying to get that many stakes around them. This next round, I am not going to have the plants backed up to a wall, which will allow me to work on all of them easier.

Updates
Tonight I will start my flush. Everything is looking amazing inside the room, great smells & fat buds. One problem I am running into is branches collapsing, I have so much string everywhere, it looks like a spider web. After dealing with this problem, I have decided to do a untrained scrog next time. Basically I will have trellis netting supspended about 18-20" above my pots. I will make a surrounding support system out of PVC/ABS (can't remember which one is toxic). My hopes are, that the plant simply grows up through the netting, and later on when it starts to sag, the netting will support it. This is of course, unless one of you guys has a good idea for supporting plants while using the ebb and grow.

I'm having the same problem, and came up with the same solution you have. I'm going to have some of that netting up next time. It's just way too hard to try and hang every sagging branch from the tent supports. I'm trying to keep buds off the floor at this point...

This round, I actually duct taped bamboo stakes to the outside of the pot. This was flawed, because it was not near the center of the plant. So when I attempted to tie branches to it, it pulled them towards the side that had the stake. I consider duct taping four stakes to each bucket, kind of surrounding the plant, but the plants where so big, I would have probably hurt them trying to get that many stakes around them. This next round, I am not going to have the plants backed up to a wall, which will allow me to work on all of them easier.

granny420 had a nice rig she used in her dirt grow. I think she made hers by hand but are similar to a tomato cage.

granny420 had a nice rig she used in her dirt grow. I think she made hers by hand but are similar to a tomato cage.

I have used the cages for my tomato crops before, I considered trying to macguiver something together with those as well. I have a lot of different ideas for my next grow, we will see how many get implemented. It's awesome to have people to bounce ideas off of. Thanks again McBudz!:thanks:

instead of using stakes or cages i use the plants main stalk to support the outside and lower branches by zip tying or string them to the center stalk using the plant to support itself. been working well so far! just do it early into budding to avoid sticky arms...

instead of using stakes or cages i use the plants main stalk to support the outside and lower branches by zip tying or string them to the center stalk using the plant to support itself. been working well so far! just do it early into budding to avoid sticky arms...

Soil seems to be a bit more stable to me, I have one plant that almost went completely over. It started it growing at an angle from the beginning, and now that it has a bunch of weight off to one side it wants to fall over. I currently have that one tied to the wall. At this point I have most of the branches supported, but I do not want to do this over again. I also hate "sticky arm"!

the net thing is a good idea, i may end up doing that too. side note im really interested in getting a light mover. im going to get a second light for my next round for a total of 2 1000 watters and a light mover is the only way to justify having a 1000 watter. check out this light rail you can have 2 lights linear or side by side but its a bit pricey. i think 2 1000 watters linear would do the job of 3 lights.

the net thing is a good idea, i may end up doing that too. side note im really interested in getting a light mover. im going to get a second light for my next round for a total of 2 1000 watters and a light mover is the only way to justify having a 1000 watter. check out this light rail you can have 2 lights linear or side by side but its a bit pricey. i think 2 1000 watters linear would do the job of 3 lights.

That's the one I've been looking at, too. Here's a good price: Light Rail 5.0

DAY 59 FLOWER
I started flushing on Friday (3 days ago), I drained the res and filled with plain ph'ed water. On Saturday, I drained the res and filled with ph'ed water + Clearex. The PPM is still drifting up as of this morning. I am considering draining the res and filling up with plain ph'ed water 1 more time, and then chopping on Tuesday night/Wednesday. I am also planning on leaving the lights off tonight. For the next 36 hours, the plan is total darkness, low RH, and as cold as I can get it in there.

I'm growing the exact same strain and I'm about 2-3 weeks from harvest.

Here's what I can tell you about Blue Dream:

1.)it's gonna want to bush out and take up a lot of space, mostly air. The foliage isn't that dense.

The next time I grow this strain i'm going to trim the lower branches when I make the switch to 12/12.

2.)It's gonna get about 3-4 feet tall
3.)It grows fast, drinks lots of water and mine wanted MORE nutes than I gave them.
4.)The buds will be very dense, there will be lot's of frosting, but the buds won't be huge in size.

As for the drooping, mine did that when I transplanted them into passive hydro. I thought I was overwatering, but it turns out I was underwatering. Once the roots got established they just took off. Make sure they're getting the right water. Also, these plants are hard to kill. Mine endured some abuse....from 90% RH after a big storm flooded the floor, to 20%RH in heat wave, to totally underfeeding them, and finally spider mites. They are still producing.

IMG_01522.JPG

IMG_01694.JPG

For example, I've got my two BD's growing next to a WW and a Jack Herer. The WW and Jack each have main cola's that are 12-14 inches long....same nutes, same light, same medium, etc. However, the Blue Dreams have several smaller colas, about 6-8 inches long. If you pinch the WW, the cola is thick but not rock hard. The BD feels like it's already dried....it's so dang dense, and I know it's heavy, because after I sprayed them once, all the branches sagged. The buds are smaller, but very dense and frosty.

I am smoking some too, that came from my clones mom.....and it's really nice, smooth and pleasant. Lot's of laughing, great mental energy for about an hour, followed by a very comfortable body stone. I really like this stuff, and.....

Good luck with your grow! I'll be tuned in a watching.
I had a hard time controlling the environment in my room. I have almost the same room that you have, I put down 1 inch foam from home-depot on the entire floor wall 2 wall. Other then just getting the pots off the cold cement and my heating cost down 80% there is way too many advantages to this than I can list. Since you have sheetrock on the walls, painting them flat white will give you the best reflective surface there is. Note: If your heater is on the floor, try suspending it from the ceiling or lay down a piece of plywood.
And what is your feeding schedule on your Ebb system? Thanks Michelle.:cheer:

I had a hard time controlling the environment in my room. I have almost the same room that you have, I put down 1 inch foam from home-depot on the entire floor wall 2 wall. Other then just getting the pots off the cold cement and my heating cost down 80% there is way too many advantages to this than I can list. Since you have sheetrock on the walls, painting them flat white will give you the best reflective surface there is. Note: If your heater is on the floor, try suspending it from the ceiling or lay down a piece of plywood.
And what is your feeding schedule on your Ebb system? Thanks Michelle.:cheer:

I also battled the environment, it seemed like I would move 1 thing and have to start over. I put little pieces of 1/2" rubber under all the pots, and the reservoir. Once I did this, my root temps stopped getting so low. I also have my heater pretty close to my reservoir, that way it heats up the water. I have been told the plant itself can endure harsh temps, but the roots are sensitive. I pretty much was able to keep my reservoir temps between 62-68F. I have access to a paint sprayer, and I plan to prime the whole room, concrete included, then paint the walls/ceiling flat white, and seal the floor. As for the heater idea, I didn't think of that. This next round a lot is going to change, but I will keep that idea in mind.
My feeding schedule is as such.
Flood 7 times a day for 30 minutes.
I used Canna Aqua +Rhizotonic, Cannazyme, Canna Boost ($$$), and PK 13/14.
Botanicare Sweet
Cal Mag
The highest I ever got my PPM was about 2000, and I saw minor burn on the tips.

First things first, my plan worked!! It got really cold last night and I had the lights off. The plants blew up in color!! I got purples oranges blues ect.. really stoked about getting cold weather the day I wanted it.

I trimmed up 2 of the smaller plants tonight, I am really happy with how things look. I would say Blue Dream has a pretty high leaf to bud ratio, so trimming is a bit tedious. I took some cool pics of one of the girls tonight.

on a side note, I smoked some of the scissor hash and I am fading fast....

BABY7.jpg

BLAM.jpg

EVEN_TOPS.jpg

PURPLISH.jpg

1_DOWN.jpg

First things first, my plan worked!! It got really cold last night and I had the lights off. The plants blew up in color!! I got purples oranges blues ect.. really stoked about getting cold weather the day I wanted it.

I trimmed up 2 of the smaller plants tonight, I am really happy with how things look. I would say Blue Dream has a pretty high leaf to bud ratio, so trimming is a bit tedious. I took some cool pics of one of the girls tonight.

on a side note, I smoked some of the scissor hash and I am fading fast....

BABY7.jpg

BLAM.jpg

EVEN_TOPS.jpg

PURPLISH.jpg

1_DOWN.jpg

:headbanger::headbanger:

Speechless here. What a plant! Did you see that plant? Damn!!

Back
Top Bottom