Blueberry

insain1

Hi Gang,

I just started a new seed crop (indoor) and I was told they are "Blueberry".
I'm new to groing and don't know what they suppose to look like. They are about a week old and have 4 leaves but they are all TALL and not growing straight up towards the light.
My query is are they of the Blueberry strain, is that the way they look as babies, what can I expect etc. I'm so lost on this one. Even my "Know it all"
partner doesn't even know.

Is there anyone out there lend a hand and a quick guess? Thanks much. :adore: :high-five: :bong: :thanks:

Thx CocoJoe, that thought never crossed my mind. But I did move them by using a 3 gal. bucket turned upsidedown.

:cheer:

Blueberry???... who gives a crap, if this is your first venture, be happy they are even still alive... LOL
Seriously bro... don't worry about strain at this point... it's useless really!
The important thing is to keep them healthy... the rest is inconsequential!

Besides, if you think it's hard to tell what the plant is by looking at it... try looking at text and making the call!

Look bru... like you said, you are new to the grow! Try to be happy w/healthy production... it's not always that easy!

I can pretty much guarantee you that noone here is going to be able to tell you exactly what they are unless they are the shit w/that particular strain... just sayin is all.

Or maybe at the least some pics... peace out!

Hi Gang,

I just started a new seed crop (indoor) and I was told they are "Blueberry".
I'm new to groing and don't know what they suppose to look like. They are about a week old and have 4 leaves but they are all TALL and not growing straight up towards the light.
My query is are they of the Blueberry strain, is that the way they look as babies, what can I expect etc. I'm so lost on this one. Even my "Know it all"
partner doesn't even know.

Is there anyone out there lend a hand and a quick guess? Thanks much. :adore: :high-five: :bong: :thanks:

Thx Captain Kronic for you help.. I have seen other folks growing and I just never seen that before.

I'll just keep the faith, be patient and hope for 'Girls'.

:cheer:

I agree about the light needing to be stronger/more lumens.

I've got some Blueberry clones that just went into my Bloom Room at about 37" tall, now over 40" with some slight stretching from the 12/12. Feel free to page through my journal linked in my sig below! :)

I have photos of them at several stages of growth, but not as young as seedlings. Besides, as the Captain accurately said, you can't really confirm what specific strain something is at such an early a stage of growth. These two original clones I have are my first experience with growing Blueberry myself.

In my experience, Blueberry as a strain is VERY BUSHY, with tighly spaced nodal development, making for a very stout, dense and desireable plant. Not typically associated with being tall and lanky in stature.

My clones were females of course, but from the time these clones were very small (4" or so when I got them) they had that tendency to be bushy, short stature with dense foilage. Mine were not very healthy when I originally got them and for a time I thought I was going to loose both of them. Fotunately, a steady diet of FoxFarm Big Bloom nutes and fish emulsion saved them, and they have thrived ever since.

I would say that once you resolve your light intensity issues, your plants should take on these same physical traints if they truly are a member of the Blueberry lineage. While not exclusively a clone only strain, I find seed grown Blueberry to be less common as those who arrived in the form of clones to most growers who raise this strain. At least out here in California.

Hope that helps a bit! :)

Couple of thoughts: First, I grew a blueberry from seed in my last grow. Blueberry from seed can be a bit unpredictable as there is a fairly common blueberry pheno that will stretch considerably once flowering starts - actually even before. Mine had other traits consistent with that particular pheno, which was a somewhat stunted vegatative growth early that preceded the huge jump in height prior too and during blossom. It started tight, but got tall and spindly 1/2 way or slightly more into veg. Mine hermied, too, which is another problem I've seen with Blueberry seed, much more prone to hermie than a lot of other strains. Again, shouldn't be an issue with good clones.

The more common Blueberry phenotype is the bushy one that Goldengoose described so well. But, there is a pheno that stretches and stretches big... so I wanted to weigh in. Also, one of the more popular growers here, Old Med Man, has a Blueberry with the stretch pheno like the one I had that he's growing right now - about 21 days into flower:

OldMedman Goes Indoors

I have a link to the Blueberry I grew in my signature, and there are quite a few pictures from various stages of development if that helps. Despite the hermie issue I made the decision to grow it out and pinch male parts - it wasn't a big producer, but it was a really beautiful plant and a yummy flavored smoke - actually a little like blueberries.

One last thing - Blueberry has a reputation for being a handful at times, so keep your environment good and your PH in line for best results. It's not thought of typically as a good beginner strain for that reason. Again, good environment, and you'll be fine. It's not rocket science, it's a weed -- but this is a slightly pickier/trickier weed sometimes. :)

Lastly, Captain is on to something with focusing on your environment and conditions first and foremost, but I wanted to give a little more info for once you have everything dialed in...

Back
Top Bottom