BlueCheeze's First Grow Ever - Mars Hydro II 900

Bluecheeze

Hello My friends!

So i have been reading alot on this forum now since i googled for my first ever grow setup and i was curious about LEDs and i found Mars Hydros official thread here on 420. After reading about 1-200!! Pages i first decided to buy a Mars II 400, then i changed my mind for a 700 and a couple days later i ordered the 900. :drool:

So to the grow:

What strain is it?

I will grow Barney's Farm LSD 4x or 5x i dont know what is best with My space, i guess time will tell.

Is it Indica, Sativa or Hybrid? What percentages?

It is 70% Indica / 30% Sativa

Is it in Veg or Flower stage?
If in Veg... For how long?

I dont remember the date for the day i put the seeds in wet paper, but they day they came above the soil was 2016-09-28 so 8 days ago. The same day they showed up i put them in the grow tent.

Indoor or outdoor?

Indoor. In a 90x90x170cm Secret Jardin DarkStreet grow tent.

Soil or Hydro?

Soil

If soil... what is in your mix?
If soil... What size pot?

I use soil from a " flower shop " i have read good about it, and i mix it with about 25% perlite.

Size of light?

Mars Hydro II 900 about 400 actual watt

Temp of Room/cab?

The first 2 or 3 days in the grow tent i was having heat issues. At hotest it reached 32-33c!!
After 2 or 3 days i got an new exhaust and now my temps are about 27c when lights on and 22c lights off.

RH of Room/cab?

I think i have some problems with this, i have 30-40% RH i dont know if this is too low. I have tried too put a bowl with water in there but with no results.

PH of media or res?

5.5 - 6.5

Any Pests ?
No i dont think so.

How often are you watering?

Right now i use 0.5 liters pots so i water about 1 dl water every other day, i feel the weight in pot so i think i got it under controll but i think i will re-pot to bigger pot this weekend.

Type and strength of ferts used?

BioBizz Organics Indoor Starter pack. It contains: Bio Grow, Bio Bloom and Top Max but i havent start use them yet.

So this was all info i think for now, if i missed something just let me know. :high-five:

I am so excited about grow for the first time and it will be fun to share my journey with all of you especially as i have seen how friendly and helpful people are on 420 and it is my first grow so i would appreciates some advices along the way :thumb:

I will upload some pics within an hour from my Iphone :Namaste:

420-magazine-mobile913612950.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1902780893.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1970785504.jpg

So tonight the temps Went up to 28c so i raised the Power of the exhaust so now it is 27c.

Is this too much air blowing directly on the plants, or should i just blow the air down at the pot so the air circulates put dont directly blows on plants?

VimeUhOh

Sent from my iPhone using 420 Magazine Mobile App

They look right in track to me, my average is 3rd node after 14 days. And they all seem to be working on node number 3 right now. Hold off another few days with up Potting, let those roots form a nice ball. And don't forget to "score" the roots by slicing them an inch or to on 4 sides. That will help with new root growth upon the transplant recovery. Keep up the good work and...

KiG :green_heart:cheers

They look right in track to me, my average is 3rd node after 14 days. And they all seem to be working on node number 3 right now. Hold off another few days with up Potting, let those roots form a nice ball. And don't forget to "score" the roots by slicing them an inch or to on 4 sides. That will help with new root growth upon the transplant recovery. Keep up the good work and...

KiG :green_heart:cheers

Okey thank you My friend :)

When i checked the temp earlier it had Went up 29c, is that too high? I working on getting it down but i dont know what to do. I might try close some passive intake so i get a bigger negative pressure and maybe temps get lower. :Namaste:

I dont know if it's just in my head but can plants smell at 10 days old? And i think My carbon filter dont work then..

Not sure if you're are auto but mine started having a scent around day 13 and that was just a single plant. Having 5 going off might smell not sure though not use to this.

Wubbba Lubbba Dub Dub

Update for today:

I had some heat issues again, it Went up to 29c..

So now i tried to change the carbon filter to the right side of the tent, as the passive is on the left.

Before the air came in from the left and straight up the same side, you can check pictures in My first post.

I really hope this will help with temps because i dont know what else to do..

Here is how it looks now:

420-magazine-mobile1688979219.jpg

420-magazine-mobile1937817869.jpg

Id agree with thebeast. Dont worry to much at this point. 29c is not the end of the world :). You can try adding another passive intake if possible. Let them tell you what they like and dislike. Thankfully we have a plant that really does want to grow. As far as smell goes, with the fan blowing across my little ones I could smell them slightly around 14 days. I really do love your setup! looks great and will produce some awesome plants.

Freak-Out

Id agree with thebeast. Dont worry to much at this point. 29c is not the end of the world :). You can try adding another passive intake if possible. Let them tell you what they like and dislike. Thankfully we have a plant that really does want to grow. As far as smell goes, with the fan blowing across my little ones I could smell them slightly around 14 days. I really do love your setup! looks great and will produce some awesome plants.

Freak-Out

The thing is it looks like some of the leaves are curling a bit up. Maybe it is just now in early stage of veg they are so sensitive? :Namaste:

The thing is it looks like some of the leaves are curling a bit up. Maybe it is just now in early stage of veg they are so sensitive? :Namaste:

A couple of the leaves on mine started to curl up over the last day or so when the humidity got down to 40ish. I noticed you mention youre having humidity problems similar to what I did. I introduced a humidifier, got it back to 60-65rh and the leaves look perfect again after some hours. That combined with a little high heat stress could be your issue. Theres various possibilities but its an idea :)!

A couple of the leaves on mine started to curl up over the last day or so when the humidity got down to 40ish. I noticed you mention youre having humidity problems similar to what I did. I introduced a humidifier, got it back to 60-65rh and the leaves look perfect again after some hours. That combined with a little high heat stress could be your issue. Theres various possibilities but its an idea :)!

When i have My fan blowing like this the temps are at 28.2c , is this too much direct wind for the plants?

VimeUhOh

Back
Top Bottom