Bluter Gets Schooled Hempy Style Winter 2018

:slide::slide::slide:

here it goes guys

2 strains :
white cookies: 60/40 indica /sativa claiming about 19% ish thc content. told it's a bit bitchy to grow.
cbdream : 80/20 indica/sativa at 6%/6% thc/cbd. been advised a 1:1 ratio is something i should explore for meds. more on that as we go.

2 of each from seed. all are photos. i hope.
maybe a guest third strain. another 2 from clone. i really don't have room but we're going :)

environment :
we are indoor closet style in a 32"x42"x7ft space. prepped pretty decent. build is in my sig.
4 inch fan and exhaust to outdoor on carbon filter. fan runs full. passive intake. air exchange about every 2 min.
temps run in the mid 20s celsius.

light :
200 watt 4 cob citizen clu048 1212 rig. 3500k/3000k mix. built as full spectrum compromise.

media :
growing hempy style 2:1 perlite / vermiculite
clones / seedlings started mini hempy style in solos then up to 5L pots
RO water. 345 ppm 7.6 ph at tap right now. 7 ppm 7.8 ph after filter. 10 ppm when ph'd to 5.5

nutrients :
advanced nutrients micro / grow / bloom line, cal-mag.
no enzymes / hydroguard / supplements yet. have h202.

goals :
get them past the seedling / clone stage. seriously, it would be nice not to kill them so early.
learn the plants. learn the nutes and additional supplements.
topping / lst / defol / maybe try scrog if i get outrageous enough.
get them to the end. not expecting huge results. this is a school project.

i need to break this list up a bit. seeds dropped sept 17. one month before legal in canada. was gonna wait til the oct 17 date in some form of celebration but couldn't wait. if anyone' s interested i germinated with a 8hr soak, then damp towel style. put them on a plate on a shelf over my stereo amp.

the cbdream proved eager 12hrs in

full

true to form the white cookies wanted more attention. one went and immediately brown tipped

full

few hours later the reluctant one joined in

full

planted direct to solo hempy cups. cups were pre-flushed with straight ro ph'd to 5.5, 7 ppm.
left them under the humidome the first 48 in the grow space.

full

light is at 50% about 50 inches above the dome. running 24 hr. just there to have something on them at this point.

back in a minute

Why so much vermiculite? You live in a 0% humidity desert climate? Or is that just for the initial seedling stage, and you're afraid that you won't be able to keep the perlite damp up to the seedling's root(s) without such a high percentage of it?

basics we're starting with

full

light we're working with. don't mind the burple. decoration at this point.

full

cbdream wanted to go day one

full

a white cookie determined to do it helmet style

full

the reluctant one

full

sooo tiny lol

for the last three days they've been misted 2 - 3 times a day with straight ro ph'd to 5.5. no nutes or cal-mag. today they got 4ml each of the same water.

we pulled the dome and set it cross ways for airflow now that they they are breaking surface. pretty humid under the dome.

full

current conditions. humidity was still coming down from under the dome when i took this.

full

more to come..

Why so much vermiculite? You live in a 0% humidity desert climate? Or is that just for the initial seedling stage, and you're afraid that you won't be able to keep the perlite damp up to the seedling's root(s) without such a high percentage of it?

pretty much. easy to mix. two scoops to one. add an extra of perlite to the mix at up pot. 3 scoops to one. leave it if it works and they are healthy.

I'm extremely interested to see how the cbd dream turns out for you. My wife has back problems, but she isnt a fan of thc so much. I've been explaining to her what cbd does and how it won't give her the classic marijuana high. So now I have to find the right strain that way she doesn't get the buzz but gets the relief she needs.

hiya cavscout. try dutch treat. lower percentage thc than cbdream. cbdream was recommended to me as a cbd plant with higher thc than what i am currently doing. i am chasing a 1:1 cbd/thc ratio for canna pills. i am trying to find a sweet spot for meds, the problem is i need both a thc and cbd for two differing issues.

to be certain, in my experience you really need a bit of thc even in a cbd plant. i feel the meds just get there better. for me thc is kind of the delivery vehicle for the cbd treatment. i personally don't think one works as well without the other.

I'm extremely interested to see how the cbd dream turns out for you. My wife has back problems, but she isnt a fan of thc so much. I've been explaining to her what cbd does and how it won't give her the classic marijuana high. So now I have to find the right strain that way she doesn't get the buzz but gets the relief she needs.
Take a look at the strain ACDC. It has a 20:1 cbd:thc ratio with a high percentage of cbd of around 20% as I recall. I have not had the opportunity to try it myself but if cbd is your goal it may be a good strain.

Hey hey mr.Happy I'm not gonna just let you hit and run my journal brother....haha. All caught up and I like what you have going on.....

I have some Bubba Kush cbd by dinafemmm which my brothers growing at the moment as its good for stress and anxiety for a daily smoke as well as oils.....

But what I'm really freaky deeky bout trying is also is the Dinamed cbd auto by dinafem but I'm hunting for a indica regular auto so I can do a bit of pollinating as that's something that's got me intrigued for a while now.....

Your whole setup is spot on and I can't wait to see what devilish juju magic you create mr.Happy....

@Bilbobudkin420 heres another stellar chap who works in Celsius.....haha

Hey bluter! Mind if i join in next to smeegs?

come on in. it's early days and loads of room in the space.
grab a chair and have a pull :passitleft:

more coming as today is farming day. i don't live on site which is a drag. :peace:

come on in. it's early days and loads of room in the space.
grab a chair and have a pull :passitleft:

more coming as today is farming day. i don't live on site which is a drag. :peace:
Sweeet. Same here i live it a little ways to go to my grow site.
Looking forward to it.

day 6
things are looking a little stunted to me. prolly just nerves. i hate the seedling / clone stage and never relax til it makes it past to veg. i tested the res water and it came back at a plant choking ph 7.7 and change. figgered i better correct it up. even tho i hate doing it to something so small, i flushed them all out til i got them 5.5 to 5.7.

the eager cbdream doing an early sativa impression even tho it's mostly an indica

full

the other cbdream is just getting it going

full

pretty sure they were all too wet as well. surface felt too moist to me. flushing them out sure didn't help. we went from dry to monsoon and cold in the last couple days, and the rh spiked. have had the fan going in the room just to suck some moisture out.

helmet head just would not shed the shell lol

full

i attract all the weird ones. love them all, love them all :green_heart: ;)

the shy girl may have decided she wants to join the party.

full

still a little unsure but she's here.

some of the cotyledon leaves look damaged from contact with the moisture on the surface. after flushing them i dripped 4 ml of a weak nute solution in each cup. just to have something there. i did .05 ml of cal mag and each of the micro/ bloom/ grow combo in 4l of ro ph'd to 5.5. worked out to 23ppm.

plan now is to leave it alone and let them dry up a touch. hope they make it.

then on to other stuff..

Hey hey mr.B how ya doing this fine afternoon I see the girls are doing fine so don't overthink it...
If I may the helmet head girl drop some water on it as it will moisten/soften making the shell and skin come off easier..

Also in 2nd pic the youngest cbdream on the the cotyledon/paddle leaf there's some skin stuck on it from the inside of the shell... Moisten it abit and use tweezers to get it off as it tends to strangle the paddle leaves I've found out recently....
image.jpeg

This is my nl/bb auto whose helmet wouldn't come off, got it off but the skin had shrunk on the paddle leaf and strangled it .....

i thought about helping it off but decided against as they were so fragile. if it was rooted in soil i probably would have gone for it. hempy is kind of a looser medium and i didn't wanna dislodge it, they were sort of moving around during the flush lol.

well i was working on them i swapped the membrane out of my ro filter and flushed it. i noticed my water ph crept up on the stuff i had balanced. i usually do about 20L at a throw to keep it stable after ph, but i'm probably gonna have to ro smaller amounts and use it right away while they are so small.

i'm a little concerned at how high it managed to climb on the seedlings.

Back
Top Bottom