Bluter's shower space

Hey....missed this thread.....I'll just pop in here, slide in the back....and get my cheesy poofs...

:popcorn:

oh crap oh crap oh crap oh crap oh crap oh crap oh crap oh crap oh crap oh crap

full

i killed them all. they keeled overnight. got a call and mounted a rescue mission. built this bubble cloner in a hurry.

full

i got some ro water. added 1/2 ml jungle juice grow and 1/2 ml micro nutes to 4L water. they had been on straight water and micro only at the same strength in vermiculite. apparently looked good until 24 hrs before the photo. no roots at all.

we have horrible water, it tests at 700ppm or above, so i figger that did it. water was ph'd to 5.5 but that wasn't enough.

full

the last shot is about an hr after transferring to the cloner. unbelievably some started standing up again. i put them in the grow space under the cobs at about 65%, 30" above the cloner. running everything 24hrs. pretty sure they didn't have adequate light either.

boy i hope one or two make it. i bought some ro water to keep them going. hopefully i get the system i traded for soon.

woo hoo ! blurry cell shot of some hopeful root nodes

full

they might not be done just yet. look pretty bad from up top. the original leaves are necrotizing, but all the shoots are exhibiting new growth. they pulled over a litre of water in the first 24hrs when i first got them in the cloner, and maybe another litre in the last 6 days. running that weak nute and micro solution.

turned the cobs back another 5 - 10 % which seemed to help a bit too.

well back to the drawing board. transferred to hydroton this wk. family member decided to help while i was gone, somehow ph pen bulb got broke, and a cup or so of buffer was added to the res killing them all overnight.

live and learn.

not my decision entirely. i wanted to do soil right off the bat, fill up a few jars before f**king around, but the owner of the space had some reservations about soil and associated mess etc indoors, so it was compromise. i done hydro 20 yrs before, seems i forgot more than i ever learned lol.

it's not a total loss, a couple are kinda hanging on, but they been shocked so hard i can't see them producing. i'm letting them run as a learning exercise, and may just go to soil. continued gearing up in the meantime, biggest trouble was not being prepared.

Hi, I like what you're doing thus far!! Looks good! My condolences to the seedling/clones. Um, idea from me, and i too am even further back in the starting process than you: If you were to add a shelf/pedestal perhaps 1-2 ft high, you could place your bucket below, cover the shelf with a) foil or b) a tray as safety. You'd still have good 3,5 ft (plus 1,5 ft for 'lamp room/hanging distance) headroom.
Mounty

Coco drain to waste, your setup is perfect for that.
I love my coco, run DTW drip, 5 plant in coco smart pots.

i regeared for hempy. i had access to more clones but called it on account of heat issues this summer.

i mothballed the system, but had a look at switching it to a drain to waste system. heard it could handle the temps better than a recirc system, but ultimately decided to tear it out as i have no experience with that approach.

still planning a hydro run after i get a couple hempys in the jars. i need to learn about the newer nutes, supplements, and a few other things and figger it'd be an easier task on hempy first.

was actually in the space today. couple small tweaks and added a couple bars for hanging the lights better. dropping beans this wkend.

i also had a chat with the landlord and am trying to develop a second space.

will post up when the plants are in the room.

new beginnings..

CBDream cracked

1605781-4265ef6437502d486c83fae13367dea3.jpg

these ones are eager. kind of impressed as one seed i had written off right from the package

White Cookies trying to catch up

1605782-0d9c4bcd59ac57b949b638495d8fa34e.jpg

the one opened but the taproot tip browned on me. hoping i didn't hurt it. it may have wanted a bit less warmth to start, dunno. the three showing tap are getting planted right now. the third one looks to be trying its best so giving it maybe another 12 or so hrs. plan to drop another seed if the slow one doesn't open up.

can see it really trying

1605783-8502be84f7cc0d596117b4fa5a97a752.jpg

final white cookie popped. pretty good timing.

full.jpg

this one coulda hung out overnight but i planted them all anyway.

all in the room under the dome.

full.jpg

starting them mini hempy style. hole is an inch from the bottom of the cups. 2:1 perlite/vermiculite blend, straight RO, no nutes or cal-mag, ph'd to 5.5. gonna mist once or twice a day. have a weak nute and calmag solution ready at 23ppm for when they decide to go.

light is a 4 cob 3000/3500k mix, 50 inches above the cups, running at 50% 24hr/ day. will knock it back to an 18/6 once i get them up and past the cotyledon leaves. i fried seedlings with cobs in the past which is why i have the light high up and turned back.

will start a journal when it becomes appropriate.

questions and comments are welcome. believe me i could use the help :rolleyes:

tweaked the system to fit the space better.

full

i don't like the central bucket reservoir as it wastes valuable growing area that you pay to light up. too bad i can't run it external.

promise a build coming soon. been running and no time. trying to save the babies right now. mom's upset and don't think they'll make it, and she can get near anything to grow. i gotta get nutes and solve for water fast. our water is over 600 ppm or worse at times. i traded for an ro system but it's been slow coming.

gonna build a bubble cloner. the babies are indoor greenhoused with other starter plants right now, but i'm thinking of pulling them and putting them in the grow space under 24 hr light. i don't much like cobs for cloning / seedlings tho.

any ideas welcome.

cheers - bluter :peace:
Can you drop it in the floor? Not sure how they work.

Back
Top Bottom