Boatshoe’s Indoor N.Lights x Skunk Home Cross First Time Breeding 2018 Organic Soil LED

I figured out exactly what I did to my seedlings. Definitely iron lockout from high ph. I suspected the soil, that maybe I mismeasured the dolomite or something. But it just didn’t seem like it was enough to cause the severity of the problem, it’s been bugging me.

It wasn’t the soil. A good thing about soil growing is it’s got a lot of buffer and margin so that makes sense.

The problem was stupid me (I knew that). I added Silica Blast to the water without adjusting the ph. D’oh! This stuff has a ph of like above 10. Wow. So that totally locked out iron.

Without iron, no photosynthesis. You can see the pattern of chlorisis, appearing quickest and worst in the upper leaves, near the center, where the light hits strongest and photosynthesis is most active, using up the iron the quickest.

Usually I ph anytime I add anything new to the mix. I didn’t this time, I,just overlooked it because I wasn’t feeling well but that’s no excuse. Then once I’m ok with the ph I don’t usually retest it each time. It even warns about ph on the bottle.

This happened on my last batch and I thought it was bugs. Fortunately I only used it twice, it works pretty well to thicken up the stemquickly. A couple doses is perfect.

So that solves that. Fortunately I got them back on track by flushing with ph adjusted airated compost tea and a couple foliar sprays with iron supplement.

I try to be a stickler and double check everything, but mistakes get made. That’s another good thing about free seeds, no big loss if they didn’t pull through, except for the emotional loss LOL.

:cough:

Back
Top Bottom