Boedstyles First Journal: Superskunk, Tutankhamun 2019

Boed styles420

Hello everyone I have been knocking around on here for a bit now but I finally have decided to put together a journal for fun it will be my first journal of any type so you will have to bare with me, to be honest I was going to give the journal a miss as there is only about 4 or 5 more weeks until harvest, we'll get to that in a minute but first we gotta start from the beginning better late than never so here we go

First of give you a bit of information so you have an idea of what I'm working with, the STRAINS are: SUPER SKUNK by (420) 80%INDICA 20%SATIVA with up to 20% THC and <1%CBD, DIFFICULTY: easy and plant size is average flowers in 8 weeks with yields of 18 to 21 oz per 3x3 ft, TUTNKHAMON (BAG SEED).

IM growing indoors with a 1mx1mx2m grow tent.
600w electronic dimmable ballast for flower and 400 w for veg 6 inch exhaust fan with carbon filter plus a little 4 in for intake, medium is Coco / perlite in 3 gallon fabric smart pots.
Nutrients and watering: I use General Hydroponics Flora Trio + calimagic + armor si I water every other day and feed with every watering i water every other day and feed with every watering.
Ok I germed 5 seeds on 4th oct 2 tutnkhamon and 3 super skunk, 4 for my tent and one for my missus backyard is the middle of Summer here so why not.

(On the 12th oct 8 or so days later they poped and I started day 1 of veg on the =13th)

(Day 6 wk1 started to feed neuts with every water and gave first feeding on =18oct)

(Day3 wk2 I transplanted all 4 plants to there final 3 gallon pots, next run will be using 1 gallon pots befor the 3 gallon =22nd oct)

(Day1 wk3 both tutnkhamon wer ropes at 4th node and started wk 3 veg nuets =27th oct)

(Day6 wk3 both super skunks wer toped at 3rd node =1st nov) sorry no more photos till 19th Nov I lost my phone haha.
(Day3 wk4 both super skunk received 4 way lst and tied down =5th nov)the very next day on I gave second topping to both of the Tutnkhamons =6th nov) Sorry for the lack of details I'm trying to go back over my notes and do the best I can so bear with me.
Day5 wk4 super skunk both got second topping it was the same day that I found out I had broad mites after getting rid of them with about 3 applications of neem oil over 9 days I think it was, every 3 days I was applying it as time passed I learnt me a few lessons as we all do along our journey, next thing I knew I was right around the corner.
I defoliated and lollipop my plants to the best of my ability and 7 days later I flip to Bloom on the =26th Nov which made it a 45 day veg.

Before I was at 420 mag when I got stuck I used to turn to the growweedeasy for grow weed easy forum and was given the idea my pH was off hence the brown spots on my leaves and flush my tutnkhamon.(sorry the pics of the Brown spots was on my lost phone)

On 7th of December I found out one of the Tutankhamun's was actually indeed a male boy was I pissed thank you very much back seeds Never Again feminised seeds from here on onwards, after getting rid of the mail on the 11th of December I gave all three plants one last major defoliation as this would be around the 3rd week of flower mark, it was now around this time I joined our beloved 420 mag.
I'm terribly sorry if my journal seem the rushed my original copy was deleted last night this is just a rush job this is nothing compared to the original, can't have a win every day but I did get me quite angry at the time.
I also tried my first time cloning I took for cuts not expecting much as not sure what would happen as I took the cuts from a plant in flower, well still abit yellow but so far so good they are now in small pots and soil loving the sun
Will now everyone is up to date with my grow thank you if you're stuck with me this far also sorry if parts are a bit blurry and rushed I'm going to update as I go is that of trying to do it all at once but once again thank you should be posting again soon.
Boedstyles420

Hello again I forgot to mention my little run in with fungus gnats it had me puzzled for a little bit because I thort i was ment to be watering everyday my medium being coco and all with high frequency fertigation. I read about fungus gnats and how to kill and prevent them from coming back and found out they come about from over watering i couldn't figger it out I thort how am I ment to prevent and get rid of them if I have to water every day, so now that is why I water every other day so to kill them was just a matter of yellow sticky traps and hydrogen peroxide am I doing the right thing with watering??? I would love to hear what some of your opinions are there is a lot of great knowlage hear at 420mag. As you can all probably tell this is my first grow and I'm loving every bit of it and also im open for anyone's guidance so I don't steer off track, up until this point every thing I have learned has been self taught/yutube and internet one more thing I would like to mention is the stretch on the Tutnkhamon as you can see from the pic in last post I have my super skunks up on buckets the stretch was amazing I didn't think she was going to stop my, light is as high as it can go then some it's actuly tied by the metal hangers with wire to the tents roof support poll's also in my rush job I forgot to leave photos of what my girls look like today and my cloneing efforts I might post the cloneing pics in my next post.

Finally I have a question my girls are day 1 wk5 today I can't help but think the buds should be more developed than this I mean there's trics but just seems small is this normal or?

Any help would be greatly appreciated thank you.

you should start feeding every day. feed every day in coco especially in flower. you might see a difference in the buds size after daily feeding for a bit. also if you're counting day 1 of flower from when you flipped to 12/12 you're probably only at about 3 and a 1/2 weeks.

you should start feeding every day. feed every day in coco especially in flower. you might see a difference in the buds size after daily feeding for a bit. also if you're counting day 1 of flower from when you flipped to 12/12 you're probably only at about 3 and a 1/2 weeks.
I was feeding every day until I got fungus gnats and this is what I can't get my head around fungus gnats come from over watering and having a medium that's constantly wet or so I have read, how am I ment to prevent fungus gnats if I'm to water everyday and not allowing the medium to dry out even just a little bit it's really got me???? And yer I started day1 the day i flipped to 12/12 that was on 26th Nov, so they been in bloom for 30 days today sorry back to the watering how much runoff do you get back after each watering? I try and aim for 15 to 20% back and thanks for the help.

I was feeding every day until I got fungus gnats and this is what I can't get my head around fungus gnats come from over watering and having a medium that's constantly wet or so I have read, how am I ment to prevent fungus gnats if I'm to water everyday and not allowing the medium to dry out even just a little bit it's really got me???? And yer I started day1 the day i flipped to 12/12 that was on 26th Nov, so they been in bloom for 30 days today sorry back to the watering how much runoff do you get back after each watering? I try and aim for 15 to 20% back and thanks for the help.

on my last grow with coco i'd water just enough to get a little drip out the bottom. but once a week i would give them a good soak. try putting a layer of sand or perlite on top of the coco. when i had them i used 1:4 peroxide to feed solution, not water, because i didn't want to starve them. then i added a layer of sand. soon after i saw a few dead ones on top of the sand, then that was it. they were only in 3" pots at that time so it was easy to deal with.

i also think they came from the rapid rooters i used to sprout the seeds. they've been tossed out.

this is the exact reason i'm leaving coco. bugs don't like perlite. and hempy buckets don't need to get fed every day if you don't feel like it.

Thanks for the help mate much appreciated going through a bit of a rough patch when I was watering last night found my buds riddled with seeds the only thing I can think of is I had 2 power outages last 3 or 4 weeks and the last one was out for 15 hours maybe in consistent light schedule done it. Live and learn hey I ask for help but nobody understood my question wanted to know what to do about the lighting but all I was told was to get a generator I should have clarified but yeah thanks again merry Christmas hope you and yours had a good one.

Thanks for the help mate much appreciated going through a bit of a rough patch when I was watering last night found my buds riddled with seeds the only thing I can think of is I had 2 power outages last 3 or 4 weeks and the last one was out for 15 hours maybe in consistent light schedule done it. Live and learn hey I ask for help but nobody understood my question wanted to know what to do about the lighting but all I was told was to get a generator I should have clarified but yeah thanks again merry Christmas hope you and yours had a good one.

you'll still get a nice batch of oil out of it. by the time you're done smoking your oil, your next crop will be underway.
we have a few power outages in summer here. they usually happen during the day with power restored by evening in most cases. this was one of the reasons i decided that lights on will be between 6pm and 6am during flower. also even just a few battery powered leds can keep the plants from thinking it's sleepy time when it's not supposed to be.

get a really bright utility flashlight. they're really bright, have a good amount of functionality to use in your tent for a few hours.

Yer thanks for ya time everyone it's really shattered me ay this was my first proper grow, the only plant I had ever grown befor this grow turned male, I tried my luck at a bag seed while I was waiting for my seeds to arrive feels like I been growing for a while but never had a harvest, verry fucking frustrating believe me there's all ways something.

Yer thanks for ya time everyone it's really shattered me ay this was my first proper grow, the only plant I had ever grown befor this grow turned male, I tried my luck at a bag seed while I was waiting for my seeds to arrive feels like I been growing for a while but never had a harvest, verry fucking frustrating believe me there's all ways something.
Hang in there! Dont give up your next grow could be the perfect one that hooks its claws into your green thumb and youll never look back.
Power outage sucks Ive never had that issue tho Ive wondered what would happen if it did.
HappyHolidays and Happy420!!
:morenutes:

Late to the party, sorry to hear about your batch of bad luck man.

just gotta look at it as a learning experience and know that the next grow is only going to be that much better off for having gone through the experience.:thumb:

have you got any future growing lined up?

cheers mate happy new year

yeah man, as the others have said. don't give up. spend a few bucks on some good quality seeds from a quality breeder and try again. once you get it dialed in, you'll have it dialed in for good. and that's when all of your pain and suffering will have been more than worth it.

happy new year broski.

Back
Top Bottom