Boiling water

I think I would pass on this method. Sounds too insane.
Whats it suppose to do, melt the trichs to the bud or just turn the bud brown. Maybe its to mold it, I heard some people like moldy weed lol.

^^^ I guess there's nothing wrong with a little extra penicillin ;)
Personally, I can't see why anyone would want mouldy buds. To each their own I guess.

I'd pass on this too though. Sounds like it'd be a quick way to ruin good buds.

The myth is to soak the roots only to "drive" the THC out of the stems and into the buds.

Dunking the buds or the roots in boiling water, either way it's a false thing. I could only see dunking the buds decreasing potency, not increasing it.

Must truely be a myth then cause I already know that you know there is no thc in the roots and the stems don't carry any inside but might have some on the resin glands close to bud sites.
Thats 3 strikes on this method. I doubt anybody would be able to justify boiling your buds unless your also using butter, fat or oil for extracting thc and then using for cooking purposes.

LOL! Of course I know theres no THC in the root zone. Apparently though the people who started this grow myth didn't. :cheesygrinsmiley:

has anyone ever heard that dipping your buds into boiling hot water right after harvest will increase resin?!?!?!

I don't know but my logic would dictate that it's a bad idea. THC may not be very water soluble but boiling the water won't help - and I'm sure you will physically lose lots of trichomes in the process regardless of the amount of diffusion of THC into the water.

I'd pretty much be wary of any claim that involves increasing the trichome concentration (what people are reallly talking about when they talk about resin) that involves the plant being already harvested. I'm no fucking botanist though.

Holy shit, Urdedpal! When did you come back?! And for that matter, Sexy Vexy!? Where the fuck have you been at girl?! Man, I've been without internet for way too long.

Well isn't this a grand reunion!!! I've been without the internet for a while too.. just started showing my face around here not too long ago. How the hell have you been?

I agree on the myth subject. I have heard that one should uproot the plant and dip the root ball in boiling water before hanging. I have heard stories about THC "dripping on to the floor n the next day or two, but I believe this to be bullshit! Prove me wrong or otherwise and I will concede. I would say NO to dipping buds in HW.

total myth dont believe the hype:headbanger:

If your grow is GOOD nothing else can make it better, but like fine wine or cheese, you need a curing process that maintains the core quality. My 'guru' reserves her specific opinion for each harvest; as farmers many factors come into play, soil treatment and the weather for two. For one, a bad harvest really can't be made better! Suck it up, learn, and do better next time!

Back
Top Bottom