Bone Meal Question

thehitman

I was given a bag of bone meal, it is labeled 1-11-0. Should I add this to my soil mix? I'm using "slacker" and "just right extra" by GH.

The high phosphorus may help root growth - how much should be used per 8" pot?

Ok man, I dunno what these products are, but if u want to add more phosphorus via organic fertilizer u need too look up breakdown time. Bone meal releases very slow for example, it's gonna start givinf after 4-6 weeks if u have good microherd in place. If u steam it it should give 3-5% P sooner. The thing about P is that cannabis uses medium levels of it while still feeding on N much more. Adding it too much will destroy the balance and also inhibit mycorrhizae growth which cease their activity if there's too much P in soil. It's also very alkaline fertilizer, so by adding it to the soil you'll raise PH for a bit and you'll force your microherd to bring it down, which will of course influence root growth and nutrient intake. It's all connected man. Usually I advise very slow releasing fertilizers to be added to the mix few months before you plant as soil is gonna have time to balance itself, but if you grow indoor you're gonna have to cook this mix first. Adding anything like that just before flowering doesn't make a lot of sense for me unless it's perpetual soil that will be used on and on in case which it makes sense in the long run, however you have to know exactly what is in your soil, and I mean point by point. But hey man, they are your plants, so you can do what you feel like :hookah:

Back
Top Bottom