Bong cleaning in general

indochronic

hi 420 peps. since i havent been growing latley if been smokin abit and my bong percs are getting v dirty lol. iv been cleaning them for a while and i usually use 'rubbing alcahol' and a tooth brush but u can only use the brush once becuse it get so full up it starts just marking the bong again and it cant be cleaned very well at all:/ the berk is also awkward to reach in parts. anyone have any bong cleaning tips and tricks ?? or any kind of usefull tools ??:) this is the perk and bong
xxx4.jpg
index2.jpg

When cleaning with ISO, make sure you use 91% or better. You can add a teaspoon of table salt to the alcohol when cleaning. Swish / shake the alcohol-salt mixture around in the bong for a bit and the salt will act as tiny scrubbers to help remove the heavy deposits.

You might also consider adding a couple of drops of liquid cranberry extract for every ounce of water you use in your bong. The cranberry extract helps in preventing the oils from sticking to the glass, keeping your bong cleaner between washings.

nice one man yea must try the cranberry trick might give a nice smelll/ taste to bong aswell. and the salt should be a good test too i can through in some of them slightly bigger bits that u get in salt grinders :) see how this goes nexy clean. the best bush ideas for cleaning is just get a hand full of hotel tooth brushes :D there free, do the job and i can just use them once and throw thm out then after :peace:

I use the iso and mortons seal salt,its a little bigger than table and works well

I always wash with warm soap and water afterwards,heck Ive even put them in the dishwasher

Hands down, the absolute best cleaner for your glass is 'Grunge Off'

It's re-usable and will leave your piece looking brand spanking new. It also has no salt-like things in it so nothing gets stuck, it's all a thick liquid.

I'm telling you, nothing compares and I've tried it all (420 cleaner, salt/alcohol etc)

absolutely,for a pre made product it is the shit

im so diy I often forget there is some great products for these,but I have used it before and it is great

If you're going to do the alcohol/salt, again stick with 91%iso or higher, and I use the coarsest salt I can..either kosher or sea salt. I've never noticed much benefit from adding table salt.

I clean mine with denture cleaners..add tablet leave overnight and rinse out. If really dirty, cut out a little square cloth to wipe off anything left on the glass, with a little warm soapy water.

There's a lot of different ways of cleaning a lot of different sized pieces. Here's a general guide to the basics: You will need:

Epsom salt — available at at your local drug store

Isopropyl Alcohol, the higher the percentage the better! — available at your local drug store, although the highest percentages you may have to find online.

Plastic Bag — you can figure this one out

That's it!

ACETONE...It's the base cleaner in many glass bong cleaning products. WAY cheaper!!! WAY stronger and faster. THIS is what you've (we've) all been looking for. Yes, it is a BIG secret in the industry. Once you try it, you'll never use anything else.....ever!

Pour acetone in, shake, empty, pour hot soapy water in, shake, empty, rinse, use! Takes about 5 minutes.

This is a BIG secret. Don't tell everyone. Just those you like!!! Yes, I like you.

Of course, acetone is a strong solvent and the vapor is explosive. DON'T BREATH THE VAPOR and it's best used outside.

cheers for the tips 420ers :D its a plastic bong im sure it wont make much of a dif. but im going to try each one when i get my hands on grunge off and some denture cleaners :) :peace: and a Happy Christmas:xmas:

Acetone will melt your plastic bong. Why the hell are you using a PLASTIC bong?

ULTIMATE UPGRADE: Save your cleaning products money and buy a glass bong and acetone.

Plastic? Really? Are you shittin' me? Really? I've never heard of such a thing!!! But then, I do live in California where we don't like the taste of plastic in our smoke.

Doesn't it melt when you light it?

It's re-usable and will leave your piece looking brand spanking new. It also has no salt-like things in it so nothing gets stuck, it's all a thick liquid.

I'm telling you, nothing compares and I've tried it all (420 cleaner, salt/alcohol etc)

Acetone.... Way cheeper, way stronger, way faster.

Acetone. Trust me on this.

What do you use 94xjjohn?

Back
Top Bottom