Bong Water Is Now A Crime

you are right! we do need to start calling it by its proper name and also need to educate people why it became illegal in the first place...through corruption in the system..
I think it was made illegal through racism.There's a great quote from Harry Anslinger,the first drug cop,about white women consorting with negroes and jazz musicians because of drugs but I can't find the thing.:peace:

It started with William Hearst the billionaire back in 1937. Hearst owned extensive forests and lumber he used for paper production for his paper. Hemp threatened his profits so he started a campaign against hemp then renaming it the mexican slang name "marijuana" and portraying it as a dangerous drug which caused violence. The dis-info campaign was supported by Andrew Mellon, President Hoover's secretary of state, who also had a interest in halting hemp production. Mellon appointed Henry Aslinger his future son in law, as head of Federal Bureau of Narcotics and Dangerous Drugs. There's more to the story but this is where the campaign against the so called drug started. In the 18th century it was illegal NOT to grow hemp in this country..Betsy Ross made the first flag out of hemp..the declaration of independence was was written on hemp paper. Henry Ford made the bodywork of his first Model Ts from hemp. People interested should read "The emperor wears no clothes: Hemp and the Marijuana conspiracy" by Jack Herer

Through proper education this prohibition can be defeated. :peace:

This is almost funny!! Bullcrap but funny. I wonder what they would do over the coffee filter i have that i drain my bong water thru. lololol You know them little nugs that drowned and now coated with Resin!! Think its crazy ,try it.!.

This is the same anti-intellectualism that is used by the wilfully ignorant to get what they want, despite rediculous little things like "facts" or "common sense" getting in the way.

As a case in point, Marc Emery--most of you will know the name--is about to be transferred to a US prison for selling seeds. From Canada. According to extradition treaties between the US and Canada, noone shall be extradited unless there is an equivalent crime on the books, and chargeable in Canada. Since Canada didn't charge Marc, there is no other reason that political cowtowing to the US government by sending Marc to a US prison. Especially for what I believe is a criminal miscarriage of justice.

The insane anti-logic used by the DEA is simple: 1 seed = 1 plant = 1 pound. In my investigations I've learned that different strains have different yields. Different growing methods have different yields. Different trimming methods produce different yields. Looking ONLY at these three factors, how exactly does the DEA know that every cannabis plant of every variety under every type of growing condition and maintenance ALWAYS yield one pound?

The facts, as in all propaganda movements such as prohibition, are simply not important enough to consider. They have found ways to make money from the imprisonment of people for no REAL or just reason, and they intend to continue to do so for as long as the people put up with it.

If you don't believe me, google Bill C-15 and see for yourself that Canada is about to enact the same horrifically dismal legislation as the US is finally starting to see doesn't work...mandatory minimum sentencing.

As the US begins to learn it's lesson that it can't lock away everyone for no genuine reason, Canada is going to take up the slack and imprison it's citizens for no justifiable reason.

I wish I could find out how to cut off the bulk her*oin discounts for politicians and lawmakers...maybe that might finally cure their patent antipathy towards the people they get all their tax/fee/TARP/bailout/stimulus money from?

Actually I think if they here in canada did pass the minimum sentence law there would be about 1 year it would last seeing as 10-15% of the population here smokes pot regularly and half have tried it so In my opinion 1 year of minumum sentencing would probably break the back of the canadian penal system and cause them to look into regulation of cannabis or at least make it legal for personal use in your own home.

I think it was made illegal through racism.There's a great quote from Harry Anslinger,the first drug cop,about white women consorting with negroes and jazz musicians because of drugs but I can't find the thing.:peace:

Actually that is brought up in the movie the union and what was said is that negroes would get together and laugh at white people and make derisive coments about white women who in the magazines that read the comments were the primary readers. So they made it seem like black peolpe would smoke pot and sit around thinking of screwing white women and back in the late 40's could you imagine anything that would make white people madder. In my opinion the war on marijuana started because of greed that would be the pulp and paper industries reason for lobbying against hemp and the other reason for it was racism as africans more then likely were using hemp as slaves for medicine as there shamans and medicine men were made slaves with the rest and the only treatment that blacks would recieve was by there own peole who would of course resort to herbs as this is what they would have used in africa as they were a non industrial society. I think that the prohibition on cannabis was also a way to keep those who were using medicinal hemp from getting any type of treatment for there ills. The easiest way to control a person is to hit them where it hurts most will say the wallet but I feel what hurts us most is what we dont see and when you take away an affordable treatment from the poor they are forced to suffer and it is an easy way to break there will. There are probably alot of reasons that cannabis became illegal most are political and I personally feel none had anything to do with health . When alcohol during its prohibition became legal it was due only to the fact that people back then new they could never end the criminal organizations that sprung up around it and they know it is the same today. It is exactly the same thing today but criminals actually dont want to see cannabis become legal as it would cut into there profits if not put an end to any profit they would make, it seems to me that a govt should really look at a legal system that criminals support. If they would let us grow our own we would put the mexican cartels and so many other criminal and terrorist organizations out of business.

"The insane anti-logic used by the DEA is simple: 1 seed = 1 plant = 1 pound."

I really wish that was true! I guess this is how the DEA trumps up it's numbers.
I guess in there books one pound = $50,000 worth of weed. LOL!

The reality of the 1 seed = 1 plant = 1 pound is more like 0 plant output I have to believe the majority of plants grown never come to fruition.

This was a Minnesota case, in the United States. It was a 4-3 split decision by the Minnesota Supreme Court. (To read my original blog post, short-URL: Minnesota Court Waters Down Legal Definition of Illegal Drugs: Toilet Water Now Criminal to Possess Minneapolis Criminal Law News )

If you are in Minnesota, the government (prosecutors and police) now have the power to charge bong water (or any "mixture") as a controlled substance crime based upon the weight of the water, if there are any illegal drugs in the water.

Here is what Justice Paul Anderson wrote in disagreeing with (dissenting from) the view of the majority:

For those who smoke, perhaps this is an excuse to do what common cleanliness would demand in any event? Dump the water after use? Could a person in Minnesota be charged with First Degree Controlled Substance crime based on the weight of the water? Strangely, the split majority of the Minnesota Supremes says "sure." Does that mean if you are busted that this will be charged? I remain skeptical.

The real value of the case, in my view, is the "Emporer's New Clothes" story here. Just as people in the black-market can become complacent, then as a result, go down for a fall; the Prohibitionists now appear to be going insane, and trashing the "Weight" logic behind their own evil and twisted drugs crime laws! This could be the last gasp before legalization. If the public condemns these laws as absurd, they will soon fall! IMO.

Thomas C Gallagher, Lawyer
Gallagher Criminal Defense Services
310 Fourth Avenue South, Suite 8000
Minneapolis MN 55415
Office: 612-455-6162

Minneapolis Criminal Lawyers > MN Defense Attorney Gallagher
Minneapolis Criminal Lawyer T Gallagher, Minnesota Defense Attorney
Minneapolis Criminal Law News

Actually as a person who in there youth got into alot of trouble i can tell you what this is about. It is simply a loophole for when they are after someone they know is a big time dealer they know if they can get paraphanelia with water in it they can use it to put away a dealer who they might otherwise not get enough evidence against. In other words tehy are stacking the deck so that they can make sure when they bring in dealers who are found only with very minimal amounts that cannot get them a schedule 1 conviction they can now use the water to make sure the person is locked away. It is in every way a miscarriage of justice you can bet that more and more dealers though will not opt for a trial by jury instead of summary conviction now and it means costs will go up. I know that most people who are convicted for paraphenalia were found guilty summarily as most judges prosecutors would offer much easier plea bargains if they knew there other choice was arguing to convict over dirty water would be way to costly. In a way this could be beneficial as if every single person who was charged with bong water would opt for trial by jury the courts will become so crowded that it could be helpful in finally reaching true changes in cannabis laws.

"The insane anti-logic used by the DEA is simple: 1 seed = 1 plant = 1 pound."

I really wish that was true! I guess this is how the DEA trumps up it's numbers.
I guess in there books one pound = $50,000 worth of weed. LOL!

The reality of the 1 seed = 1 plant = 1 pound is more like 0 plant output I have to believe the majority of plants grown never come to fruition.

Well they do calculate street value by the gram so if going price is 10$ per gram then a LB is worth $4500 these days I believe they are calculating value at $15 per gram however as I have heard that good bud goes for up to $6000 lb in new york. As far as the plant thing goes the weight they put on it is based on entire flower laden branches without trimming so I guess if you get a good plant to produce say 6 oz of fine bud before trimming and removing stalk you might get close to a LB

Did you ever notice on any TV news report when they show video of plants being confiscated none of them ever have any buds on them.....
How can they have any value unless they are mature plants???
The street value for a bag of Cannabis leaves is zero...

Case in point: I have a friend who has been growing the same plant for 8 months and it still has yet to bud.... what's it worth... nothing unless it is a female Budding plant.

Actually I think if they here in canada did pass the minimum sentence law there would be about 1 year it would last seeing as 10-15% of the population here smokes pot regularly and half have tried it so In my opinion 1 year of minumum sentencing would probably break the back of the canadian penal system and cause them to look into regulation of cannabis or at least make it legal for personal use in your own home.

It won't "break the back" of the penal system at all...it'll simply give politicians a brand new and "justifiable" reason to take more from the Canadian people in various forms of new taxes.

I'd really, REALLY like to agree with you on that, but every Canadian knows that the "income tax act" was passed as a TEMPORARY measure to "pay for the war" and it's never been looked at a second time...except to allegedly make it permanent...without concent of the people, of course.

Mandatory minimum sentences are GREAT for the prison system's job security, so they'll be all for it. It's great for lawyers and judges, as it guarantees their incomes as well. Since there is ALWAYS fines and court costs, which is also a great thing for the court system and for the government.

Just because it's the absolutely WORST POSSIBLE ACTION TO TAKE for the people doesn't mean anything to legislators...if it's adopted in Canada, it'll stay for a long, long time...and apparrently, the vote is comnig up on WEDNESDAY!

Google "Bill C-15" now, and get in touch with your MP as soon as possible!!!

I really dont think the canadian penal system would actually have room for all the people arrested on cannabis charges with a minimum I think we would end up with like 150,000 mandatory sentences in the first year. Especially when you consider 1 in every home in BC is a grow op according to RCMP . They say if they busted a grow op ever day for a year they would still be nowhere near finding even 5% of them.

You're exactly right...which explains why they're pre-planning all of the new PRISONS all over the country.

They've been talking about replaving the Windsor Jail (Windsor, Ontario) with a much larger facility, closer to the 401, and away from the downtown core...which happens to be where the courts are located.

If this goes ahead--and its very likely that it will--this will more than double prisoner transport costs, not to mention the incredibly obvious fact that if anyone truly dangerous were to escape, they would then be right at the end of the country's longest highway. It'd be a fairly hard thing to miss the obvious benefits of this situation to a potential escapee!

Unfortunately, common sense and rational thought are COMPLETELY lost when it comes to politicians...they almost ALWAYS do the wrong thing, and at the worst possible moment.

If there were only more than one Ron Paul out there, this world would be a hell of a lot better place!

hahahahahahahahaahahaaaaaaaaa..:roorrip:

Ok bong water is a crime. I am flushing mine down the toilet anyways. Some people keep their bong water in their bong to long without cleaning the bong. Now that is a crime.
If you are in Minnesota guess you should smoke joints until they say rolling papers are a crime too.

Back
Top Bottom