Bongs and dishwashers

Andrew86

I have so many bongs and pipes you literally can not keep them all clean.. What does anyone know about throwing them in the dishwasher? I'm sure pipes would be fine, but what about bongs with rubber grommets? Too much time and alcohol invested in cleaning my collection and I can't take it anymore lol. Any personal experiences would be best.

I cnat say i ever done theat but it seems like it would be fine. Thats actually a pretty good idea. all though im not sure how well it would clean the inside chamber of a small bowl or pipe.

I would think relatively well. It's pretty high temps right. I've seen some nasty plates go in and come out sparkling.. But even if not, any improvement would be good.

In my opinion, soap sucks at dissolving resin. Also, whatever is left in the pipe will contain soap residue.

I would buy a bottle of Formula 420. You can pour it into one bong, clean it, and then pour it into the next and it will keep cleaning. Another good idea for cleaning slides is put 420 cleaner in a zip lock bag (I use 2 layers) and then you can clean multiple slides by shaking them one at a time in the bag.

Take into consideration that I'm dealing with 40+ pieces all being used on a regular basis.. So any improvement I would be happy with. And why would it contain soap residue if you had it set for a sanitation cycle. That's just rediculously hot water at that point. You could choose to use soap or not, depending on how well scalding water works.

Well Kitty, if you think about it, how do you soak 1-2-3 foot bongs? I'm not paying for the acohol to fill that bucket. I can't logically go out and buy 20 bottles of iso every couple weeks. Round here the good stuff is about $3 per bottle.

I guess nobody understands what I'm getting at.. I am already cleaning each piece the way you just described, and am looking for an alternative cleaning method for a LARGE quantity of glass. So that doesn't really help at all.

8 bongs, 5 large bubblers, 14 pipes, Ashcatcher (large) assorted bowls, one Extra large bowl, and several glass accesories, and a couple vape pieces. The rest is actually packed away right now thank god. I'm gonna have a hard time with what I have out. I'm just saying I was looking for something more practical, you know what I mean. I don't mean to be a dick if that's the impression you get. :peace:

I cleaned my new pipe for the first time using this cleaner i got from
the headshop called 4-6-9 (badass cleaner) or something like that. And it
took the paint off from the inside! what a bitch, my pipe looked sick with this copper color that would get more and more pretty. now its almost clear.

Back
Top Bottom