Bongs: Good or bad? What's you opinion?

I was reading some info on wikipedia about bongs and I came across this....

According to the study, water pipes filter-OUT the THC. I dunno about you but I've ALWAYS been told/heard that bongs, bubblers, and waterpipes all got you higher b/c the smoke went through the water first. Apparently this is not true. It's funny b/c my girlfriend always says she would rather smoke a blunt instead of the bong b/c it gets her higher and I always though she was crazy but not anymore, LOL.

Any comments?:hmmmm:

I've seen several studies that have confirmed this. In all these studies though, joints preformed the best in the tar to THC ratio. Bongs still get me really high, but nowadays I've been using my Volcano.

At PSU we were told that wikipedia is not a valid source because anyone can submit changes to the site. We are not permitted to use wikipedia as a source on any reports. So I don't know if I can agree with the claim that a water pipe would filter out thc.

You can always look up the citation that usually follows the claim on wikipedia. The source that it links to is this:
MAPS/CaNORML vaporizer and waterpipe studies
It seems legit to me.

I personally think wikipedia is a great resource, but I wouldn't cite it on an academic paper. I would look at the citations in the articles and if they are legit the I would cite them.

Volcano is best for me... but back in the day I would have at least two bongs around...I had many near black outs from bong hits...just one with the Volcano.:smokin:

doctors tryin to ruinin it for us, thats all i see it as . i smoke because i enjoy it , and i smoke bong becaue thats my favorite way to enjoy it ,

there reason why you get higher smoking out of a bong is beacause when it is filtered through the water it makes the smoke cooler so you are able to hold it in longer....so even if it may filter out a small percent of the thc you get way bigger hits and are able to hold them in alot longer....so IMO it makes up for it

Vape. ...so bad.:cheesygrinsmiley::peace:

Vape...good.

Smoke...bad.

Bongs are definetly the best. Me and my friend always used to smoke all of our weed out of his 5' bong. I don't know if I really belive that report either. I thought THC was not water soluble and had to be activated by heat or alcohol. Well I'm bout to roll a fat ass blunt so peace.

The reason you'd get higher off a bong is because (in my opinion) you can fill the entire chamber up with smoke before you decide to inhale not because of the water fileration.
I also agree with this person! but i do love to roll a blunt and smoke it!

being able to hold the smoke longer wouldnt do anything, holding the smoke doesnt get u higher, it makes u lightheaded not high..

and ur holding all those toxins in ur lungs unecessarily cuz it doesnt make u higher..

joints all the way for taste and comfort..

yes.....but the fact the smoke is cooler allows you to take bigger hits in general.....getting you in fact.............higher:bongrip:

i smoke everything it all gets me high

only vaped twice

i only own a small maybe a foot high blue bong

im waiting til i move out to get a roor or something like that

Back
Top Bottom