Bongtastic's Beginner's Guide to Autoflowering Cannabis

Thank you, read this one twice. good thread. I am thinking going auto to start out if I can find a strain that feels safe.

I forgot to mention the need for two different spectrums. You will need 2700k and 6500k lights.

I would go with (12x) 6500k and (6x) 2700k. 2:1 is a good ratio. Make sure that you have them evenly spaced, as well. Unlike growing a sativa or indica hybrid, you will not have to adjust the ratio throughout growing. Keep it 2:1 for the whole grow.

just a quick question for a beginner......when the seed has been germinated and planted at what stage do the lights need to be on the plant? as soon as it sprouts above soil??? and if so do i leave the lights on for the entire time?

thanks

gorey I will take a crack at this. If you have some reason not to have lights on it from the beginning, my guess is you have a couple days after you put them in soil. The seed has to put down its root, then send a shoot up with the cotyledon. The energy to do that much seems to be embedded in the seed. And it would probably take two days for a seed to put out that root and then put up a shoot! So if you had to you could probably wait at least two days after you put them into the ground. Hope this helps.

20150227_140106-1.jpg
20150325_142710-1.jpg
20150403_044438-1.jpg

I have followed this guide. Af plants like incredible hulk née a alot to grow. Atleast foxfarm complete line of nutrients and dosage schedule. There is no limit on how big or how small you can grow, it all depends on the FEEDING, pot size, grow area, humidity levels, optimum light, temperature, fresh air exchange and ummm feeding lol.

This was my first reference guide. Paper towel trick and planting seed directly in a 3 gallon pot worked like a charm. :thumb:

EDIT: i am also using bushdoctor bembe instead of molasses just to get rid of the mites.

I was planning on putting my autos(candy kush and Mexican airlines) outdoors after they got 6 inches tall. Starting in closet under a 60 watt 6500k cfl. is this a mistake? should I put outside as soon as seedling sprouts?

Hi Bongtastic,

It has been a while since this thread was started. I am new and will be trying 5 auto strains. I am planning on following these directions to the letter.

Considering that 5 years have past since you laid out this method, do you still endorse and stand behind this method? Have you made any updates to your regimen?

I have read that 18/6 is a better method for lighting than 24/0, but since your directions specifically state "24/0" this is the method I will use.

Have many others used the method?

I am very excited about trying these autos and am just hoping for the best possible outcome.

Thanks

Plants need at least 5-6 hours of night time. Leaves start to wilt after 18 hours of continious light which is a clear indicator when to turn off the light.
Seedbanks also recommend to keep 18/6 regime during entire grow. Hope it helps.

No your fine starting inside and moving out

Damn man, nice plants you had up there. I'm starting out myself, auto's are on the way in mail. I was hoping maybe you were available to chat? Maybe via skype or some kind of messenger, I'd love to ask some questions :p I cannot send a private message yet, not 50 posts, but maybe you can send me one with a way to contact you, if you are interested. Thanks!:thumb:

I am following the instructions for growing autos. I am on day 10 above soil and am having some issues. My girls are drooping and developing brownish patches on the new growth. Hopefully the spots show up in the pics. They are more like discolored patches than brown "points" on the new leaves.

I use spring water at 6.5ph and added a 1/2 dose of calmag to today's watering. I have only watered these 3 times since they went into soil and am using smart pots. I water to runoff.

anyone have an idea what the problem could be? I am using FFOF.

thanks

P101000659.JPG
P101000455.JPG
P101000156.JPG

DSC00202_1.JPG

Looks fine. If i was in your place i would start feeding them something like a mix of ffof big bloom and grow big. i am not sure what else could be the problem maybe not enough light?.

DSC0023111.JPG

DSC0030815.JPG

Hi Grow,

Beautiful plant! Can't wait til mine get there. Thank you very much for the reply. I hit them with 1/2 dose of calmag yesterday and moved the lights a bit further away from them and they seem to be perking up a little bit this morning.

This is my second attempt. I ruined my first run by over watering and I think I may have under watered a bit on this run. It was 6 days from their first water to their second watering. I lost 1 already and it looks like I may lose a second one, but I have a couple of new ones started to replace them. Also going to give them better accommodation. I am having a hell of a time regulating temps and keeping humidity up where they are now.

What kind is yours?

Thanks again
schtiggy

Hi Schtiggy, glad to hear plants perking up. Cal-mag has nitrogen which probably help. If your lamps aren't producing any heat then light is not an issue. How many hours of light are they getting?

I am currently growing auto lemon og haze and bubblelicious in 3 gallon pots. Watered them every 5-6 days and things went well. Plants need water unless you want to choke them lol. my plants showed signs of cal-mag deficiency in seventh week. Lemon og leaves started to pale and bubblelicious showed burnt spots. I am also growing in Fox Farm's ocean forest.

Hi Grow,

They are on 18/6 for lighting. I moved them yesterday from a cabinet in a cold space to a room that hold temperature much better. They seem to be rocking now. I have them under 16 cfl plus 8- 4' fluorescent tubes. In the cabinet I had heating and cooling systems that were run by 2 thermostats and monitored with 4 separate temp and hygro sensors. It was a nightmare! I Over educated myself before starting :) I studied these forums like I was working on a degree in medicine. I had tons of information but without experience all that info was not worth much.

Now the room they are in hold steady at about 70-72 all day and drops to a low of about 65 at night. With the light running the area does not really go above about 78. No thermostats or climate systems etc. I guess keeping it simple is really the way to go.

Are the plants above the ones you are working on now? What kind of lights do you use. Those pics are a thing of beauty! Also, are you following bongtastics grow method or are you on your own method?

Back
Top Bottom