Boo’s First Sponsored Grow: Featuring Atreum Lighting’s Hydra x2!

Hi all :ciao: ! Welcome to my first sponsored grow journal! I’m very excited and also a little nervous about this new adventure, but there’s no turning back now...:cheesygrinsmiley: Here we go!

In December of 2020, I was recommended, by a very generous and supportive member of this community, to test one of Atreum Lighting's products and write a journal in the process. As it turns out, my current tent set up includes lights that are very similar to Atreum's newest product, the Hydra-1000...and Atreum was generous enough to provide me with two Hydra-1000s to test in my new 2x4 tent. :yahoo: The reps @Atreum Lighting - Mike and Jason - have been superb to work with and I'm looking forward to their participation here!

Atreum Lighting is a new sponsor here at 420 magazine. They design and manufacture high-performance lighting solutions for indoor cannabis and plant production. With a team that has diverse backgrounds in engineering, technology, photography lighting, and horticulture, their mission is to increase access to advanced horticultural cultivation tools for small-scale and commercial applications. They have some very interesting design concepts aside from the "plug and play" design of the Hydra-1000 and are reasonably priced - check them out on our sponsors page!

Let's look at what's in the box(es):

Discreetly shipped in an Amazon box.
PXL_20210307_212611606.jpg

Boxes inside of boxes!
PXL_20210308_164051175.jpg

Yep, there are two of them!
PXL_20210308_164141907.jpg

The lights are packed very well in boxes lined with a thick foam-type padding. Each light includes 3 thick, stainless steel cable hangers, 2 adjustable rope hangers, a power cable, an RJ11 cable for multi-light dimming capability, and a 6 foot extension cable which allows the control box and driver to be mounted elsewhere in the tent or even outside of it. The extra long cable is actually very helpful if you don't have a lot of height in your tent, your plants "accidentally" get to tall, or you have heat issues in your tent.

PXL_20210308_194034913.jpg

Another cool feature of the Hydra-1000 is that you can see the watts being used at the various levels of power.
PXL_20210310_184023452.jpg

Ready and waiting for plants! The diodes are algorithmically placed on the Hydra-1000, so I’m going to need to figure out the ideal spacing of the two of them in the 2x4 tent. I hope there isn’t too much math involved.... :straightface: haha.

I am thankful that I've got some quality seeds to work with during this journal, and they are ones that I've been really excited to try. I am only planning to grow 2 autoflowing plants in this journal so I needed to narrow it down from this:
PXL_20210314_175112764.PORTRAIT.jpg

To this:
PXL_20210314_175145311.PORTRAIT.jpg

I'm really excited about both of these strains....but the Purple Lemonade has me a little more excited. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Here are their descriptions:

DOS SI DOS AUTO™ is an extraordinary new super breed of autoflower that is Indica-dominant with 65% Indica / 35% Sativa. This jewel brings together the historical parental power of Face Off OG x Girl Scout Cookies now crossed with our BF Super Auto #1 = Increased yields, power and trichome production providing DOS SI DOS AUTO™ with a serious genetic boost. Dos Si Dos Auto™ smooths away anxiety and pain and softens your day in every way. Lingering lime flavours will remind some of granny’s lemon meringue pie, fresh out the oven. This spellbinding speed demon grows to an indoor height of 100cm and up to 140cm outdoors. This plant explodes from seed to harvest in a mere 70-75 days generating stupendous yields of up to 600g/m2, with THC measured above 20%. Dive into a delicious dream of divine delight with the one and only Dos Si Dos Auto™, the autoflower that lets you transcend reality.

Fastbuds Purple Lemonade auto is a new strain from the auto-masters which should appeal to the sweet-toothed smoker out there. Auto Purple Lemonade is an indica leaning autoflowering strain with zesty flavours and a high that balances sativa kick and an indica body stone. Purple lemonade goes from seed to bud in 8-9 weeks and will produce some heavy yields. Growers can expect their Purple Lemonade to attain around 70-110 cm in height (about 3ft). She’ll develop multiple chunky bud sites around the stem, making a great contrast between the bright green stem, the dark purple bud development and the darker green and purple sugar leaves growing around the buds. A beautiful strain with great internodal spacing.

PXL_20210314_175953345.PORTRAIT.jpg

I dropped them yesterday (and yes, there are three there - one is a Dark Devil auto that I've vowed to drop everytime I drop new seeds...until they are gone or I get a biggie!) :laughtwo:
PXL_20210315_184916231.jpg

And into the solo cups they went this afternoon. :nervous-guy:
I'd like to thank @Atreum Lighting for giving me this opportunity and also the respected member of the 420 community for recommending me. :thanks:

I would love for you all to follow, and invite others! @InTheShed, @Mr. Sauga, @Carcass, @Amy Gardner, @BigD13, @Virgin Ground, @Heavenly Hybrid, @copperrein, @Justin Goody,@Konks Dirt Empire, @Squiggle, @Grand Daddy Black, @Atreum Lighting Apologies if I've missed anyone, all are invited! :peace:

Foot in the door... thanks for the invite! I love me some Barney’s Farm anything.. and FB Purple Lemonade is as delicious as it sounds. Mine liked to be fed gently but I had a crap light and you have a beauty there. I’ll be lurking!

Hi all :ciao: ! Welcome to my first sponsored grow journal! I’m very excited and also a little nervous about this new adventure, but there’s no turning back now...:cheesygrinsmiley: Here we go!

In December of 2020, I was recommended, by a very generous and supportive member of this community, to test one of Atreum Lighting's products and write a journal in the process. As it turns out, my current tent set up includes lights that are very similar to Atreum's newest product, the Hydra-1000...and Atreum was generous enough to provide me with two Hydra-1000s to test in my new 2x4 tent. :yahoo: The reps @Atreum Lighting - Mike and Jason - have been superb to work with and I'm looking forward to their participation here!

Atreum Lighting is a new sponsor here at 420 magazine. They design and manufacture high-performance lighting solutions for indoor cannabis and plant production. With a team that has diverse backgrounds in engineering, technology, photography lighting, and horticulture, their mission is to increase access to advanced horticultural cultivation tools for small-scale and commercial applications. They have some very interesting design concepts aside from the "plug and play" design of the Hydra-1000 and are reasonably priced - check them out on our sponsors page!

Let's look at what's in the box(es):

Discreetly shipped in an Amazon box.
PXL_20210307_212611606.jpg

Boxes inside of boxes!
PXL_20210308_164051175.jpg

Yep, there are two of them!
PXL_20210308_164141907.jpg

The lights are packed very well in boxes lined with a thick foam-type padding. Each light includes 3 thick, stainless steel cable hangers, 2 adjustable rope hangers, a power cable, an RJ11 cable for multi-light dimming capability, and a 6 foot extension cable which allows the control box and driver to be mounted elsewhere in the tent or even outside of it. The extra long cable is actually very helpful if you don't have a lot of height in your tent, your plants "accidentally" get to tall, or you have heat issues in your tent.

PXL_20210308_194034913.jpg

Another cool feature of the Hydra-1000 is that you can see the watts being used at the various levels of power.
PXL_20210310_184023452.jpg

Ready and waiting for plants! The diodes are algorithmically placed on the Hydra-1000, so I’m going to need to figure out the ideal spacing of the two of them in the 2x4 tent. I hope there isn’t too much math involved.... :straightface: haha.

I am thankful that I've got some quality seeds to work with during this journal, and they are ones that I've been really excited to try. I am only planning to grow 2 autoflowing plants in this journal so I needed to narrow it down from this:
PXL_20210314_175112764.PORTRAIT.jpg

To this:
PXL_20210314_175145311.PORTRAIT.jpg

I'm really excited about both of these strains....but the Purple Lemonade has me a little more excited. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Here are their descriptions:

DOS SI DOS AUTO™ is an extraordinary new super breed of autoflower that is Indica-dominant with 65% Indica / 35% Sativa. This jewel brings together the historical parental power of Face Off OG x Girl Scout Cookies now crossed with our BF Super Auto #1 = Increased yields, power and trichome production providing DOS SI DOS AUTO™ with a serious genetic boost. Dos Si Dos Auto™ smooths away anxiety and pain and softens your day in every way. Lingering lime flavours will remind some of granny’s lemon meringue pie, fresh out the oven. This spellbinding speed demon grows to an indoor height of 100cm and up to 140cm outdoors. This plant explodes from seed to harvest in a mere 70-75 days generating stupendous yields of up to 600g/m2, with THC measured above 20%. Dive into a delicious dream of divine delight with the one and only Dos Si Dos Auto™, the autoflower that lets you transcend reality.

Fastbuds Purple Lemonade auto is a new strain from the auto-masters which should appeal to the sweet-toothed smoker out there. Auto Purple Lemonade is an indica leaning autoflowering strain with zesty flavours and a high that balances sativa kick and an indica body stone. Purple lemonade goes from seed to bud in 8-9 weeks and will produce some heavy yields. Growers can expect their Purple Lemonade to attain around 70-110 cm in height (about 3ft). She’ll develop multiple chunky bud sites around the stem, making a great contrast between the bright green stem, the dark purple bud development and the darker green and purple sugar leaves growing around the buds. A beautiful strain with great internodal spacing.

PXL_20210314_175953345.PORTRAIT.jpg

I dropped them yesterday (and yes, there are three there - one is a Dark Devil auto that I've vowed to drop everytime I drop new seeds...until they are gone or I get a biggie!) :laughtwo:
PXL_20210315_184916231.jpg

And into the solo cups they went this afternoon. :nervous-guy:
I'd like to thank @Atreum Lighting for giving me this opportunity and also the respected member of the 420 community for recommending me. :thanks:

I would love for you all to follow, and invite others! @InTheShed, @Mr. Sauga, @Carcass, @Amy Gardner, @BigD13, @Virgin Ground, @Heavenly Hybrid, @copperrein, @Justin Goody,@Konks Dirt Empire, @Squiggle, @Grand Daddy Black, @Atreum Lighting Apologies if I've missed anyone, all are invited! :peace:
You're welcome BooWho2. Love the way you set up the lights by the way. Good luck with your grow! :thumb:

Great intro, and great lights, Boo!- and congrats on the sponsorship!
I'm going to hang out for the duration, If that's cool ?

Thanks for the invite Boo! I guess I’ll just promenade on in and watch you grow some Dos Si Dos & PL autos.

one is a Dark Devil auto that I've vowed to drop everytime I drop new seeds...until they are gone or I get a biggie!)
I’m sure with your new Hydra-1000’s from @Atreum Lighting it’s gonna be HUUUUUUUGE!

The diodes are algorithmically placed
watching how the algorithmically placed diodes
I love it when you guys use BIG words.

I'm really looking forward to this grow
Me too! Thanks for your support!
FB Purple Lemonade is as delicious as it sounds. Mine liked to be fed gently but I had a crap light and you have a beauty there
Your Purple Lemonade is why I bought Purple Lemonade. :cheesygrinsmiley: I’m hoping I get at least as nice a one you did!
I’m in! No diggity, no doubt.
LOL! Thanks HH, always lovely to have you in the room. :love:
I'm going to hang out for the duration, If that's cool ?
Absolutely! You are always welcome in my journal. Thanks for coming!
Hi Copperrein! Thanks for coming. Your avatar makes me smile inside every time I see it. :laughtwo:
I’ll just promenade on in and watch you grow some Dos Si Dos & PL autos.
Swagger on in BigD! Nice to have you!
I'm gonna mess up your floor a bit. Sorry. :popcorn: :popcorn:
Welcome MrS! Thanks for joining the party. No worries about the popcorn spillage, try not to spill anything sticky! :high-five:

I'd like to follow along, too, Boo, if that's okay with you. I'll pull up beside Mr. S and ensure that he doesn't spill anything sticky but I'm high so no guarantees. :yummy:

I'll pull up beside Mr. S and ensure that he doesn't spill anything sticky but I'm high so no guarantees.
The only thing I have sticky are my buns. I make the best sticky buns this side of my street!
Just give me a nudge if Saugs spills sticky and I'll shoot the fire hose at it! :high-five:
lol, I'm going to leave this one alone as it can easily take over a sponsored thread :). But if I was to say something it would be along the lines of "You'd most likely miss! It's just a wee little thing".

The only thing I have sticky are my buns. I make the best sticky buns this side of my street!

Oh good. I was worried you'd sat in something yucky. :laughtwo:

lol, I'm going to leave this one alone as it can easily take over a sponsored thread :). But if I was to say something it would be along the lines of "You'd most likely miss! It's just a wee little thing".
LOL! Love it! :love: I’m going to assume that the sponsors actually looked at all of our threads before deciding to let us loose......so Ima go with “anything goes” since that’s my normal. Laughing out loud (literally) is a good thing!:high-five:

I mentioned yesterday how similar my current set up is compared to @Atreum Lighting ‘s Hydra-1000. Here’s a chart showing their similarities:

Grow Journal slide.png

As you can see, they are very similar (with the exceptions noted in the introduction). The reason why I bought my current lights was because of price, capabilities, and reviews on Amazon. As you can see in the spreadsheet chart, there is almost no real difference. Be careful looking at the PPFD maps - Hydra-1000 (on the left) is presented with 12", 18", and 24" distances while the current lighting (on the right) is listed at 12", 14", and 18". I'd be interested in thoughts on the comparable maps here (12" and 18")?

My plan in the beginning of this journal is to compare the two sets of lights wrt weight (I do plan to weigh both of them :high-five:), and LUX, and heat output, and whatever else comes to mind.

Hope everyone is doing well and thanks for watching and also your input! :Namaste:

The specs you posted show that the Atreums are heavier. That might an issue for someone with any kind of body pain (like I am today) especially in the upper body, obviously..

Back
Top Bottom