Boo’s Perpetual Grow Journal

Damn...there's a lot of (frosty) weed on that girl..:thumb:

Hey Boo.
Congrats on the clone.
I'd pot her up in Pro Mix but leave her under the small light for a bit. Let her acclimate to the soil and get a bit of new growth before putting her under a big light. She'll already be a bit stressed transitioning to soil.

Just my $0.02

Hey Boo.
Congrats on the clone.
I'd pot her up in Pro Mix but leave her under the small light for a bit. Let her acclimate to the soil and get a bit of new growth before putting her under a big light. She'll already be a bit stressed transitioning to soil.

Just my $0.02
Can I put her (them) in a 1 gal pot? The one with the big root is pretty tall (and that root is at the very bottom of her stem :cheesygrinsmiley: ). I worry about them being top heavy.

You can if you want to. You shouldn't get overwatering issues in Pro Mix.
Peat can hold a lot of oxygen as long as it isn't compressed too much.

I would generally go for a half gallon or Solo until it's bigger and then bury really deep upon transplant. I've had to set the root ball on the bottom of the transplant pot before, just to get the height that I wanted. Plant grew just fine. They just grow a ton of roots along the stalk that's buried anyway.

:ciao:. This is for you @InTheShed
PXL_20220725_212122747.jpg

:ciao: Hi all. I’ve been watching my little monster, Wedding Cake, very closely over the past couple of weeks. She recently slowed her fluid uptake and it makes me nervous to have her sitting in a semi-wet pot. I had decided to choppity chop her tomorrow so I brought her upstairs to do some pre-harvest trimming. While I was doing that I found a tiny spot of mold.. so she came down immediately. I don’t know how this gal wasn’t moldy throughout, she was pressed so tightly together at the lower sections of her buds. There aren’t a lot of pics since it was a quick decision chop. Here is a shitty trich pic post chop. She had a lot of cloudy trichs and was just shy of 9 weeks in flower so it wasn’t like she was “early”. I had wanted to wait her out for a week or two longer but, it is what it is!
PXL_20220803_222942241.MP.jpg

You can see at the ends of the colas where it’s a lot greener than the upper portions. They were tightly pressed together at the bottoms of the colas. Note to self - train wider next time!
PXL_20220803_222833810.jpg

She has a blue and even pinkish tint to her buds.
PXL_20220803_222739292.PORTRAIT.jpg

She had some seriously fat colas! I snipped a good-sized center bud from her a week or so ago (to help with airflow :cheesygrinsmiley: ) and I absolutely loved the smoke. So, so gooood. I’m glad I’ve given Indicas (and hybrids) a chance because I am really loving them! Now I need to figure out what’s next! I can drop two more seeds! I think I need to lay out my fall and winter grows…and I would like to try another photo in my tent over the winter….:slide:I hope all of you are well and thanks for looking in on my grow! It means a lot to me that you are here.:love:

Lovely fat and multi-hued...excellent! Good catch on the mold and it doesn't look all that underdone from the pic of all those trichomes.

Next time you get a plant with really tight flowers you can use Amy's technique of pulling them away from the stem to create airspace. If I can find the link I'll come back and post it for you.

[Found it]
Thanks for the Amy post Shed but I’m not sure I understand it. I’ve been pulling the Banda away from each other on a daily basis for several weeks now. Is that what she is saying or?

You're basically pulling each set of bracts away from the others as you work your way up the cola by gently pulling on a sugar leaf connected to it. It makes the flower wider and creates airflow between the flowers and the stem as well as the individual buds that make up the full flower.
Ah. Okay. I’ve been doing the entire colas but pulling the bracts apart makes even more sense. I’ve got the harvested plant hanging in a drying rack with a fan blowing through the center of it. I will disassemble the bracts tomorrow. Super glad Ive been paying close attention to her. My temps and humidity have been really good (along with an open tent) but she was definitely a disaster waiting to happen.

Congrats on the harvest! Sorry about the mould. I'm happy you found it before it had spread.

She had some seriously fat colas! I snipped a good-sized center bud from her a week or so ago (to help with airflow :cheesygrinsmiley: ) and I absolutely loved the smoke. So, so gooood. I’m glad I’ve given Indicas (and hybrids) a chance because I am really loving them! Now I need to figure out what’s next! I can drop two more seeds! I think I need to lay out my fall and winter grows…and I would like to try another photo in my tent over the winter….:slide:I hope all of you are well and thanks for looking in on my grow! It means a lot to me that you are here.:love:

When you say you're glad you've given indicas and hybrids a chance, what does this mean? Do you mean growing them? Or, do you mean smoking them?

Were you a sativa girl previously? What's your favourite sativa?

Were you a sativa girl previously? What's your favourite sativa
Hi HG! When I started to grow I went primarily for Sativa strains because I didn’t want “couchlock” as described on the Breeder sites. Cinderella 99 and Pineapple Express were my very first grow, followed by Zkittles and Chocodope. Then a former member grew a Purple Lemonade that was so beautiful I had to grow one. She was a 70% Indica/30% Sativa and I absolutely loved the high as well as the body relaxation. I followed that with Girl Scout Cookie (which I love too). I had a few Sativa learners in my summer grow last year but they got confiscated, and then I’ve followed up Blackberry Kush, Blueberry, White Widow, and now the Wedding Cake. The outdoor Pineapple Upside Down Cake is 60% Sativa and the outdoor Dream Queen is also Sativa dominant. So, I will continue to grow the Indica learners in my tent. :cheesygrinsmiley: I don’t yet have a favorite Sativa but I have high hopes for the two outdoor ladies!

Back
Top Bottom