Boo’s Perpetual Grow Journal

I'd be concerned about the flowers staying damp overnight, so mornings would be better unless you're a late sleeper!

"You can spray your plants every 7-10 days, for as long as your insect problem persists. In its mixed state, BT will only last for a few days, so only mix as much as you need."
Source
That makes sense to spray in the morning….although I do enjoy sleeping in. :cheesygrinsmiley: I shall do it first thing tomorrow! Thanks again!

That makes sense to spray in the morning….although I do enjoy sleeping in. :cheesygrinsmiley: I shall do it first thing tomorrow! Thanks again!
Sorry about the caterpillars Boo, but you will get them quickly with the BT :)

Sorry about the caterpillars, Boo!
The BT should take care of them, though- I had a cheese plant outside that got caterpillars real bad, I sprayed bt on it every other morning- that's a lot more often than Safers recommends, but it didn't hurt the plant at all. I don't always wash the buds, but I did on that one...
Good luck annihilating those little bastards!:goodluck:

Hey Boo, Real beauties those two!
Good luck offing those crawling sumbitches!
Stay stoneder

Sorry about the caterpillars, Boo!
The BT should take care of them, though- I had a cheese plant outside that got caterpillars real bad, I sprayed bt on it every other morning- that's a lot more often than Safers recommends, but it didn't hurt the plant at all. I don't always wash the buds, but I did on that one...
Good luck annihilating those little bastards!:goodluck:
Darn. I wish I’d seen this sooner. I’ve been waiting for 5 days to spray again when I really want to spray again! First thing in the morning it is! I am also using the Safers BT product and it seems to be working…been finding a lot of dead little caterpillars, but also a few large ones around the area of the plants. The birds have been helping themselves too! :cheesygrinsmiley: While we are here, how about some pics? Here is Pineapple Upside Down Cake.
PXL_20220831_224925959.jpg
PXL_20220831_225029751.MP.jpg
PXL_20220831_225135190.PORTRAIT.jpg

She has really started to file out in the last week or so. She’s the thirsty one of the pair too, 2 gallons per day in all this hot weather. Supposed to cool down in the next week so that will be helpful. Here is Dream Queen.
PXL_20220831_225007482.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20220831_225250574.MP.jpg
PXL_20220831_225238834.PORTRAIT.jpg
PXL_20220831_225317452.MP.jpg
PXL_20220831_225307191.jpg

I think I’ve mentioned how in love I am with Dream Queen, right? Yeahhh. She’s gorgeous. They both are really starting to smell lovely in a loud way. :p I think they both look like 4 more weeks will take them to the end. Holding my breath until that happens..🙊 Thanks for looking!

Those are some big, healthy plants Boo. And size matters! :)

Those are some big, healthy plants Boo. And size matters! :)
Thanks GDB! They are biggies for sure. All I’ve done is top them once since they both have very nice node separation (imo).
Wow Boo those have developed extra well! I don't think my outdoor ladies will be that buddie for another week or two! Sweet!
Thanks StoneOtter! Yeah, these ladies started showing flower 🌸 in early July - which seems to be normal for me in Central VA. They both got doused really well with the Safers BT this morning so 🤞 that keeps the🐛 at bay!

Damn, Boo- those ladies are really loving that Va. weather!
look like 4 more weeks will take them to the end.
I can't wait to see 'em in a month- going to be 2 huge harvests!

As the buds develop, keep a real close lookout for random grey spots on the buds, or sugar leaves that seem to be dying for no reason- this can mean that a caterpillar is eating the bud from the inside out.
The good news is, if you catch it early,before it starts to rot, (the caterpillar poo causes the rot) you can remove the caterpillar, and the dead stuff, without losing the whole bud.
And a bud with a bald spot the middle is better than no bud at all...

Hopefully, spraying the BT now will prevent this from happening, but you should still watch the buds pretty closely...

I sprayed those ladies from top to bottom today - even gave myself a blister!
Hopefully, spraying the BT now will prevent this from happening, but you should still watch the buds pretty closely...
Yeah…I feel like I may be a little late to the game. I hope not, but I plan to be tenacious!
As the buds develop, keep a real close lookout for random grey spots on the buds, or sugar leaves that seem to be dying for no reason- this can mean that a caterpillar is eating the bud from the inside out.
I’ve been there, done that thinking it was just budrot and then grossed out when I found a gooey caterpillar thingy in there. I’ve been squishing the live ones and am so grossed out by it but….a girl gotta do what a girl gotta do for her plants! :p And also congrats on that PhotM win! She was just gorgeous!
You've got some amazing spears on both plants, so I'm predicting some serious flop come the end of September.
OMG. They are both really going to town! But, I KNOW it ain’t over til it’s over and you’ve been there from the beginning of my outdoor grows….I think I’m due for a good outdoor harvest! :high-five:
That Dream Queen is Septembers Plant of the Month, just sayin. She can be Miss Spring
Ooooh. I need to get her a bathing suit for the competition, or maybe a gown? 👗

Back
Top Bottom