420 Magazine Background

Boo’s Perpetual Grow Journal

HashGirl

Just heard he's pulling all troops out of Afghanistan by Sept 11 this year. It's been 20 years. That knocked me back a bit this morning. I hope he follows through.

I hope so, too. They've been there far too long, in my opinion.

copperrein

Photo of the Month: Mar 2021
This country upsets me so often. I'll stop there before I go on a rant in your grow journal.

How does the flower smell now that you cut it? Remind me...did you do any period of darkness before cutting?

BooWho2

Photo of the Month: Feb 2021 - Plant of the Month: April 2021
This country upsets me so often. I'll stop there before I go on a rant in your grow journal.

How does the flower smell now that you cut it? Remind me...did you do any period of darkness before cutting?
I get it and I’m sure we would agree on said rant!

I did leave her in the dark for 24 or so hours. She still smells nice. It’s more subtle now but there is definitely pepper-ish smell to me, along with a fuel. I think it smells like diesel being poured into a gas tank more than it does gasoline. There’s a sweetness I can’t place yet. What do you think the dark/dry period does at the end of the harvest?

copperrein

Photo of the Month: Mar 2021
As far as I know it allows for terpene maturation and a lot of the sugars and stuff that smokes harsh to return to the roots. That's worded terribly but I'm having a celebratory bong night :D

If you've got a peppery strain I bet the resulting hash would be killer.

InTheShed

Member of the Year: 2018, 2020 - Grow Journal of the Year: 2020 - Member of the Month: Jan 2018, Nov 2018, Jan & Aug 2020 - Grow Journal of the Month: Aug 2018, Dec 2020 - Plant of the Month: Oct 2018

HashGirl

Congrats on being nominated for Grow Journal of the Month! I've already voted for you because yours is the only one of the nominees that I follow. :4:

BooWho2

Congrats on being nominated for Grow Journal of the Month! I've already voted for you because yours is the only one of the nominees that I follow. :4:
Thanks HashGirl! And thank you for the vote. :love: I’m going to go look at all of those grow journals before I vote. I’ve seen all of those members in the various journals I watch and the nominations that were submitted for them are intriguing to me. I can’t imagine what kinds of new things I will find there, it’s exciting! How is the dry and cure going with the Dark Devil?

HashGirl

Thanks HashGirl! And thank you for the vote. :love: I’m going to go look at all of those grow journals before I vote. I’ve seen all of those members in the various journals I watch and the nominations that were submitted for them are intriguing to me. I can’t imagine what kinds of new things I will find there, it’s exciting! How is the dry and cure going with the Dark Devil?

You're very welcome.

The DDA is hanging on the baker's rack with a fan blowing gently nearby. It didn't feel dry enough yet this morning.

BooWho2

:nomo: I've forgotten how long it takes for plants to grow....:laugh2:

Dark Devil #3 is still a weirdo. She does have interesting coloring though.
PXL_20210416_120422060.jpg
PXL_20210416_120437501.PORTRAIT.jpg

I pulled the Chocodope buds off the drying racks and moved them to paper bags for a little low and slow drying. I got a weight on them before they went into the bag. Obviously the weight is going to go down. :3:
PXL_20210416_122445275.jpg
PXL_20210416_122501266.jpg

Happy Friday! :peace:

HashGirl

10 ounces from an auto is really good, Boo! Congratulations!

As for the Dark Devil, maybe if it was in a bigger pot, it would be doing better? I don't know. DDAs are a real guessing game.

BooWho2

10 ounces from an auto is really good, Boo! Congratulations!

As for the Dark Devil, maybe if it was in a bigger pot, it would be doing better? I don't know. DDAs are a real guessing game.
Thanks HashGirl. I'm not sure that I will get 10 oz from her since she's not fully dried or cured. But I'm happy with the yield nonetheless! :3:

BooWho2

Happy Sunday all! :ciao: I was fortunate to have been given some regular seeds by @InTheShed last year so I kicked off the start of the summer grow by dropping....all eight of them. :eek: As I said to Shed, Murphy’s Law says they will all be female. :laugh:
PXL_20210417_011900472.PORTRAIT.jpg

They were dropped in water Friday evening and planted in Promix HP Saturday night.
PXL_20210417_233008968.jpg

PXL_20210418_000043426.PORTRAIT.jpg

They will go into my little seedling cabinet and hopefully be ready for the outside world in a few weeks!

Lets talk about Chocodope roots! I had mentioned that I did a poor job of filling her 3 gallon pot at transplant and wanted to show what I was talking about as well has her roots. I’m honestly not sure what a good, mature root ball should look like (big, thick roots or many smaller, thinner roots, both?) so feel free to chime in. It does explain why she was such a heavy drinker.....:17:
PXL_20210416_150940984.jpg
PXL_20210416_150913470.jpg

PXL_20210416_150842537.jpg

And finally, just a big ole bag ‘o weed. :3:
PXL_20210417_235556618.PORTRAIT.jpg

Enjoy the day! :peace:

BooWho2

Oh yeah! Join me on my next adventure:

:ciao:

BigD13

Top Bottom