Boo’s Perpetual Grow Journal

Babies have tripled in height since yesterday. I need to get my act together wrt pots. I plant to do a couple up pots with these guys and gals.
PXL_20210421_130000636.jpg

Im thinking about growing a CBD plant this summer too. I have no clue what to buy or who to purchase from. I'd like to make gummies from it and maybe also blend it with my bud for smoking. I'll buy more fem seeds too. Any and all suggestions appreciated! :love:

Babies have tripled in height since yesterday. I need to get my act together wrt pots. I plant to do a couple up pots with these guys and gals.
PXL_20210421_130000636.jpg

Im thinking about growing a CBD plant this summer too. I have no clue what to buy or who to purchase from. I'd like to make gummies from it and maybe also blend it with my bud for smoking. I'll buy more fem seeds too. Any and all suggestions appreciated! :love:

Good morning, Boo.

We're growing Alpine Star CBD from Weedseedsexpress. We haven't had any yet since we're still growing them but here's what Weedseedsexpress' website says:

Alpine Star CBD

@candycane grew it last year so perhaps she has some input for you.

WSE has a CBD Auto Purple Kush but it's out of stock at the moment:

When you do your search, watch out for any varieties that have THC in them (most of the true CBD varieties will be under 1% THC), as those tend to turn out to have much more THC in them than they say. Get a true CBD variety if you can.

WSE has a CBD Auto Purple Kush but it's out of stock at the moment:

When you do your search, watch out for any varieties that have THC in them (most of the true CBD varieties will be under 1% THC), as those tend to turn out to have much more THC in them than they say. Get a true CBD variety if you can.
Yes! I was looking at that this morning. And thank you for that advice. I will use it as a benchmark. I think I’ve seen a few others around here growing CBD and ai believe @Justin Goody may be growing a CBG plant? :hmmmm: I smoked a LOT of weed yesterday. Lol.

BeezLuiz and I both grew a CBD Lemon Potion auto a couple of years ago, and he had two of his tested after harvest. As I recall it was supposed to be 2:1 CBD:THC, with CBD around 15%.

Here's what he discovered:
I found out mine had no CBD and only 7.5% THC,
And that's from a reputable breeder. :eek:

It seems that as long as they're trying to leave some THC in there it's hard to know what percentage you will end up with. That's why I always recommend varieties where they have done they're damnedest to breed out the THC.

BeezLuiz and I both grew a CBD Lemon Potion auto a couple of years ago, and he had two of his tested after harvest. As I recall it was supposed to be 2:1 CBD:THC, with CBD around 15%.

Here's what he discovered:

And that's from a reputable breeder. :eek:

It seems that as long as they're trying to leave some THC in there it's hard to know what percentage you will end up with. That's why I always recommend varieties where they have done they're damnedest to breed out the THC.
I know you guys are really keen on the Candida for CBD content, but now those seeds are not being sold, what strain by who, do you think is the best replacement for Candida to grow out? As the unknownness of the CBD percentage really knocks the confidence and time involved to grow out plants that may not contain much, just as Shed and BeezLuiz found. Charlotte's Web was once a much touted CBD strain but it isn't one I see mentioned much nowadays, I wonder why that is, as that had the THC breed out of it.

I know that @Virgin Ground just harvested a Charlotte's Web from @Weed Seeds Express. Not sure if she's done a review on it yet, but her journal on it is here:

Her harvest is here.

HG is growing WSE's Alpine Star mentioned above and I know that Amy is fond of Ace's CBD#1, though her heart belongs to Candida. :love:

DD has a Candida so you might be able to convince him to part with a clone. That seed I sent should be enough for all of NZ...it's not that big an island. ;)

I know that @Virgin Ground just harvested a Charlotte's Web from @Weed Seeds Express. Not sure if she's done a review on it yet, but her journal on it is here:

Her harvest is here.

HG is growing WSE's Alpine Star mentioned above and I know that Amy is fond of Ace's CBD#1, though her heart belongs to Candida. :love:

DD has a Candida so you might be able to convince him to part with a clone. That seed I sent should be enough for all of NZ...it's not that big an island. ;)
Thanks Shed. I just visited VG's thread and saw her harvested Charlotte's Web, I'll be sure to check out her report when it comes. And I am regularly checking HG's for how her Alpine Stars are going as that strain sounds very good too and has been recommended before too. If I had indoor grow rooms/tents like DD I'd certainly be looking into clones and keeping mothers too, no doubt about that. But currently as I grow once year outdoors, growing seeds out is kind of easier. Your point on it potentially being safer to choose a CBD strain where the THC has been breed out is very pertinent when viewed from Beezluiz's lab report which showed zero% from a 2:1 strain, and I've reflected further on that thought and wow, I'd be pretty disappointed if I devoted several months of my outdoor year to grow it and got zero% from a 2:1 advertised, wow, that would be a bummer. It is kind of shocking to think you wouldn't have known if it hadn't been lab tested.

Your memory is correct. The Lemon Potion was advertised at 8% THC and 15% CBD. My lab results came back at 8.6% THC, but CBD was ND (not detected). I also grew a THC/CBD mix last year. It was Super Critical Bud. The breeder advertised 21%THC and 17% CBD, but my lab test came back with 8.5% THC and again CBD was Not Detected. That's twice I got burned.:( I did however get some decent results on my "CBD Only" plant that I grew last season. The lab test came back with 10.3% CBD (THC was 0.4%). So Shed's suggestion to stick with CBD only breeds is probably pretty good advice.
Your point on it potentially being safer to choose a CBD strain where the THC has been breed out is very pertinent when viewed from Beezluiz's lab report which showed zero% from a 2:1 strain, and I've reflected further on that thought and wow, I'd be pretty disappointed if I devoted several months of my outdoor year to grow it and got zero% from a 2:1 advertised, wow, that would be a bummer. It is kind of shocking to think you wouldn't have known if it hadn't been lab tested.
That season, I was very dejected by my lab results as that was the only CBD plant I had grown that year.

Your memory is correct. The Lemon Potion was advertised at 8% THC and 15% CBD. My lab results came back at 8.6% THC, but CBD was ND (not detected). I also grew a THC/CBD mix last year. It was Super Critical Bud. The breeder advertised 21%THC and 17% CBD, but my lab test came back with 8.5% THC and again CBD was Not Detected. That's twice I got burned.:( I did however get some decent results on my "CBD Only" plant that I grew last season. The lab test came back with 10.3% CBD (THC was 0.4%). So Shed's suggestion to stick with CBD only breeds is probably pretty good advice.

That season, I was very dejected by my lab results as that was the only CBD plant I had grown that year.
Wow, that's illuminating!:confused:

Thanks BL!

Interesting discussion. I got some free Harlequin fem seed with one of my orders. They list the CBD level as “high”. They list the THC as 15%. Here’s some of what they say:

In addition to as much as 15% CBD, the strain has a moderate THC content. Some research suggests that strains containing both cannabinoids produce the best effects.

They also list it under their fem seed section, not the CBD section. Has anyone here grown Harlequin?

Back
Top Bottom