Boo’s Perpetual Grow Journal

No I haven’t.

So, how is it different, besides the fact you don’t get high?
Well, I’m not sure how to describe it, but I’ll give it a try. Have you ever sucked the helium from a ballon? For that moment it as wears away and you’re still kind of laughing from the funny voice, but it’s drawn out longer. Weird, I know, but it’s the most similar feeling sensation-wise in the brain that I can think of. It feels lighter and brighter outlook-wise, compared to THC, with an alert mind. Have you seen the movie Limitless? Well, it doesn’t give you super brain abilities like in that movie, but when he describes his initial time trying it, there is a similarity there.

When I smoke weed, my brain feels slowed down, heavier, relaxed. With cbd, it’s relaxed but in a non-hazy, energetic kind of way. I realize a lot of that description might not make sense for someone who hasn’t been able to try it. Lol, I hope that is some help.

I also enjoy having cbd on hand because if you ever smoke too much, or in my case, edible too much; it helps immensely with the feelings of anxiety and paranoia I get if I’m too high.

I am interested in CBD strains too, the new MMG strain you mentioned HH as a Candida replacement sounds very interesting. My only CBD experience so far, is this year I grew out a CBD Express auto from WSE, it was my very first CBD only plant to grow, it is supposed to be up to 21% CBD. So far on vaping it, I definitely feel a very pleasant light high (one that doesn't obstruct anything) and a feeling of soft relaxation thru the body, I notice my hands feel warmer, that there's a sense of relaxation passing thru me. I prefer my normal more potent strains but I would like to investigate the CBD more, maybe try edibles with it which would probably allow a deeper effect but the plant I grew was only small so I don't have a lot of CBD bud to play with.

Here's the info I found about Harlequin:

Harlequin is a sativa marijuana strain renowned for its reliable expression of CBD. This strain provides clear-headed effects and the ability to relax without sedation or intoxication. Harlequin is a descendant of Colombian Gold, a Nepali indica, and Thai and Swiss landrace strains. Harlequin's high levels of CBD make this strain one of the most effective strains for the treating pain and anxiety, as CBD can counteract THC’s paranoia while amplifying its painkilling properties. This strain features flavors that range from earthy musk to sweet mango.

When I smoke weed, my brain feels slowed down, heavier, relaxed. With cbd, it’s relaxed but in a non-hazy, energetic kind of way. I realize a lot of that description might not make sense for someone who hasn’t been able to try it. Lol, I hope that is some help.

Do you think relaxation in a non-hazy, energetic kind of way could be caused by whether the CBD plant is an indica or a sativa or would it not matter?

Do you think relaxation in a non-hazy, energetic kind of way could be caused by whether the CBD plant is an indica or a sativa or would it not matter?
I think the non-hazy holds up, but the energetic wouldn’t, similar to what we would expect from THC varieties. But I am speculating a bit here. The only indica cbd I have grown was nightingale and it was a 1:1, so I don’t think I can make a truly fair comparison.
I do know that Mr H would make a tea from the nightingale infused coconut oil every night and he said it helped him sleep. When he ran out, he had a noticeable decrease in quality and quantity of sleep.

I think the non-hazy holds up, but the energetic wouldn’t, similar to what we would expect from THC varieties. But I am speculating a bit here. The only indica cbd I have grown was nightingale and it was a 1:1, so I don’t think I can make a truly fair comparison.
I do know that Mr H would make a tea from the nightingale infused coconut oil every night and he said it helped him sleep. When he ran out, he had a noticeable decrease in quality and quantity of sleep.

I doubt it was the CBD helping him to sleep as SweetSue always said that CBD before bed is a bad thing. She advised taking any CBD at least an hour before sleep.

All my CBD bud is the indica expression of Candida, but I think @Amy Gardner has grown both types.
I wonder if there is such a thing as as a heavy indica cbd? Or are they all hybrids?
I doubt it was the CBD helping him to sleep as SweetSue always said that CBD before bed is a bad thing. She advised taking any CBD at least an hour before sleep.
I’m not sure, I can only speak to our personal experiences. What I can say is, it didn’t stop him from sleeping, so it can’t be all that bad.

It might well be different for different people, after all there is a unique mix of cannabinoids between different plant's buds and everyone's ECS response is likely to be unique too. I know times where I have felt something and yet I have been told that can't be occurring because a book or some general rule says it can't. Having a cup of coffee late in the evening doesn't seem to effect my sleep but for others it does, perhaps his improvement in sleep is from something else but it seems awfully curious that he feels he sleeps better when he takes a CBD tea, I feel there can be wonderful things to glean from folks experiences that are otherwise easily dismissed, until one day someone looks closer and realises that the rule might be wrong or too inflexible. Who knows, just wondering! :)

It might well be different for different people, after all there is a unique mix of cannabinoids between different plant's buds and everyone's ECS response is likely to be unique too. I know times where I have felt something and yet I have been told that can't be occurring because a book or some general rule says it can't. Having a cup of coffee late in the evening doesn't seem to effect my sleep but for others it does, perhaps his improvement in sleep is from something else but it seems awfully curious that he feels he sleeps better when he takes a CBD tea, I feel there can be wonderful things to glean from folks experiences that are otherwise easily dismissed, until one day someone looks closer and realises that the rule might be wrong or too inflexible. Who knows, just wondering! :)

You're quite right, Stunger.

Thank you for the reminder. :hug:

Have you ever sucked the helium from a ballon?
Same on you if you haven’t ;)

Yes, I understand what you’re saying. I read your description to my wife. When I got finished she said, “I think I’d like some of that”. Sounds to me that I just got the go ahead from the boss. Thanks HH!

Same on you if you haven’t ;)

Yes, I understand what you’re saying. I read your description to my wife. When I got finished she said, “I think I’d like some of that”. Sounds to me that I just got the go ahead from the boss. Thanks HH!
Haha! Boss signed on and good to go! I think it’s good to at least give it a try if you’ve got the room. I’m happy to help any time I can. Hopefully you guys like it too! :love:

And a big thank you to Boo for hosting the conversation. I promise I’ll sit down and be quiet in class now. ;)

:ciao: Happy Monday all! Here's a quick update on the Grape Krush and Purple Skunk Mass x Grape Krush. All eight are still alive. :cheesygrinsmiley:
PXL_20210426_124247139.jpg

They are six days old now and their first set of true leaves are large! The second set is coming in with a very Sativa look to them...which works for me. Like @InTheShed, I also have a "birth mark" on one of the Grape Krush. I've been feeding them 1g per gal MC for a couple of days. Wondering if that was too soon? :hmmmm:
PXL_20210426_124310864.PORTRAIT.jpg

Stay safe out there. :peace:

Back
Top Bottom