Boo’s Perpetual Grow Journal

:ciao: Here's what I did with the keif (for now) and thank you all for your suggestions! I think I may take a small amount of it and decarb it but I need to do a little research first.
PXL_20210512_201954677.PORTRAIT.jpg

PXL_20210512_201926511.jpg

PXL_20210512_201922841.MP.jpg

Now on to the Octuplets! They are thriving and all are working on node 5.
PXL_20210512_211026132.jpg

Their color is really good and they are digging the cabinet light!
PXL_20210512_210931534.jpg

PXL_20210512_210922511.jpg

These are 4/20 babies. I wonder how long before sex starts to show? :hmmmm:. I guess they are only 3 weeks old... Take care out there everyone. :peace:

The little ladies are looking picture perfect, Boo!
Wow.... did that (2 story) cabinet work out good, or what!

:ciao: i love that stacked cabinet,too! Congrats on everything boo :love:

if that was my keif I’d warm it, press it and roll it into a little ball of smokeable hash. Lots of ways to do that. I use parchment paper and the warmth of my hands :). Do some google searches and I’m sure you’ll discover and develop your own approach... if you’d like some hash that is.
:passitleft:

:ciao: i love that stacked cabinet,too! Congrats on everything boo :love:

if that was my keif I’d warm it, press it and roll it into a little ball of smokeable hash. Lots of ways to do that. I use parchment paper and the warmth of my hands :). Do some google searches and I’m sure you’ll discover and develop your own approach... if you’d like some hash that is.
:passitleft:
:passitleft: Hi Amy! I’m so glad to see you here! :love::adore: Wow. I always have parchment paper and I would love some hash (and so would some of my friends I’m sure). My mind is blown. That’s such a pure way of getting even more joy out of this plant! Thank you so much Amy! :love: I promise I will post it!

My favorite method for pressing kief to hash is fill a wine bottle with hot water and roll it out that way, folding it back over on itself and rolling it out again... like kneading bread.

My favorite method for pressing kief to hash is fill a wine bottle with hot water and roll it out that way, folding it back over on itself and rolling it out again... like kneading bread.
Hi Chef! Welcome to my journal! :cheesygrinsmiley: Thank you for that input. So, take the Kief and spread it onto the parchment, fold the parchment and roll it with heat. A wine bottle, or anything that has warmth to melt it so that it creates a dough like or possibly candy like texture? I am a baker so I think I can do this. I’m still astonished that the solution is so simple. Wow.

You’re literally pressing the trichome heads together.. you can get it to a texture that has absolutely no grit to it. From what I understand, the membranes the trichomes will actually break down, increasing the hash potency over time.

Happy Friday all! :ciao: How about a little Grape Krush and Purple Skunk Mass/Grape Krush update! They all got fed 2g/gal MC until runoff and are all 24 days old today. Let’s start with the Grape Krush:
It occurred to me that perhaps I should put numbers on them to make them “individual”.
PXL_20210514_150150644.jpg

All of them have 5 nodes each And are happily green and plugging along. No sex indicators yet!
PXL_20210514_150250073.PORTRAIT.jpg

Looking good so far! :high-five:
Now for the Purple Skunk Mass/Grape Krush:
PXL_20210514_144012611.jpg

They got numbered too (after I took the pic). All of them have 4 nodes each.
PXL_20210514_144914275.PORTRAIT.jpg

So far so good! Here’s a couple of group shots:
PXL_20210514_145257012.jpg

PXL_20210514_145241677.jpg

Hope everyone is doing well and looking forward to the weekend. Stay safe out there. :peace: :love:

Thank you! And once I start pressing it, I can peel it from the parchment and fold it into itself, correct? Thanks again!
No worries Boo! Yes, you should be able to peel it away with a quick jerking motion, like using hot wax for hair removal.

So I’ve been thinking about the KIEF/hash making (KEIF is capitalized because the fucking autocorrect keeps changing it to something stupid). Anyway… Its been in the 40s overnight here (and in the evening prior to overnight) which made it hard to get it warmed in my hands. So, perhaps I take a small parchment packet and let it warm in the sun, on a soapstone tile which will radiate heat and allow me to press and roll and, and.. hopefully get something interesting. I tried with my daughter last night to knead the KEIF between parchment but I believe our hands were too cold. Stay tuned. :love:

which will radiate heat and allow me to press and roll

Maybe fill a bottle with hot water, and use it like a rolling pin?
Although, I must admit, I'm not sure I understand what you're trying to do...
My grinder doesn't have a kief catcher, so I've never had any kief...

Happy Sunday all! :ciao: Right now I’m working on making KIEF so I’ll update that later (if it works!). In the meantime, my octuplets are outgrowing the cabinet. I’m running out of head space and I‘ve dialed the lights down as much as I can. The overnight temps over the upcoming week are supposed to be in the high 50s to mid 60s (we are bracing for some hot days this week). I think that should be warm enough to move them (after hardening) outside, no? If for some reason it gets colder overnight than mentioned above, I can move them into the basement overnight. I'm super pleased that they are thriving but they are going to need to be moved in the next few days. :cheesygrinsmiley:
PXL_20210516_201140124.jpg
PXL_20210516_201133932.jpg

Can't wait to find out how many gals I have... :nervous-guy:

Back
Top Bottom